Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leechers in minigames

Lol simple solution,return the old system of quing...many ppl will come back and afkers will leave)))
    Well in my opinion todays system divided ppl who sign up minis into 2 groups.
    1st group is some mindless chickens who have no clue how to pvp but they still want progression in pvp,so afkers usually r in this group since they tryed pvping in some tortage blues and faild,so now they go afk in all minis untill they reach pvp lvl 5 atleast..

2nd group is veterans who r bored of the dead pvp in the game and just either farm k/d by killing noobs,or farming the required pvp lvl on their 1000000th alt.
    Ofc within those groups there r still ppl who enjoy the process of pvp,but even those ppl can be hit off balance when they get 5 headless chickens in their group.

I love AOC and still subbed,but hardly play it because it is so boring now and it actually seems like a solo game now,even if you r in big guild. Farming same old pve content with friends,no thanks i have better thing to do. Being unable to play with friends in pvp and become dependant on how many naked noobs and afkers r in my team is just a waist of time. world pvp, was there any since like 2010???occasional gank in CE,but ppl give up too early even when they outnuber and still loose...

SO still waiting for changes.... but if unchanined minis will be the only pvp content, then i think i will have enough...i have no interest in playing unchained minis where it is basically be only tank,and some occasional bs as healer...even now minis r a joke.10 tanks in HV,i think that says something,and yeah 7/10 were conqs ofc.
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    If both team play the objective: No problème, PvP and (in Js) it's driven away from rezpad (so more fun). One team doesn't play the objectives, the others does. Odds are the ones playing the objectives will win.

You play the objective, you won't lose minis to flagbots that don't fight.
    If you have 2-5 PvP 8+ tanks grabbing objectives but not pushing any range what sense does that make. Most of the losing JS I have been in was because the melee were wasting time capturing an objective alone while the dps of the team were getting pushed with little or no melee support.

It's about the entire team playing together, if you have flag bots that are just dying over and over and the objective they cap gets turned over in 20 seconds what is the point? You clear the area than cap and hold, you don't cap while 2 tanks cap and 3 dps fight 4-6 without any help.

It's all about how many pvpers you get that understand the concept of cap, protect, hold, move on. You get a team with mainly pvers on it and you will lose, because they are only going for objectives and avoiding pvp or they are going for pvp 1 and 2s that are easy kills. It just comes down to how crap the randomized teams of pugs minis are.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    There are soo many afkers in minigames especially JS who ruin the game for their group direct from the start. All who see those (always the same players) should petition them. GMs investigate about them and will give bans.
    If this company had resources for AOC pvp there would be some kinda system in place to stop this but they don't...

I'm no technical expert but something like this
    -Player enter mini if he don't move or take a death or get a kill or click objective(js) or click a flag(hold a flag) or dps a totem with in a certain time frame

(maybe player will go hide and just tab forward!) well design something to stop that

Then player detect system will issue a warning PLAY OR LEAVE
    if player still doesn't respond to the above then he is kicked and locked out mini sign up for 1 hour

@ Suctum: I was under the impression Spaart was saying you would lose against flag bots. You're saying you lose with flag bots in your team.

Personnally i think in JS it's something in between. You clear the zone first, yes but you don't need to wait for everyone to be dead to cap either. If you're 4 vs 2 then one should be able to go fast cap the flag before they get reinforcements. And he should rather than lose time trying to finish of a tank that will most likely manage to run away anyway.
    But the main problème of JS is just that players run around and the defend the objective aspect of the game isn't played much.

I would love trying some JS premades though. Must be cool to try that with a team ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Nothing wrong with leeching when opponents have Ibis, Tier 3 Crafted weapons, Tier 4 Gear, PvP 10 gear and full AA
    U guys can ignore Sag if u do not like that Lowbies r hiding in Sag

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    @ Suctum: I was under the impression Spaart was saying you would lose against flag bots. You're saying you lose with flag bots in your team.

Personnally i think in JS it's something in between. You clear the zone first, yes but you don't need to wait for everyone to be dead to cap either. If you're 4 vs 2 then one should be able to go fast cap the flag before they get reinforcements. And he should rather than lose time trying to finish of a tank that will most likely manage to run away anyway.
    But the main problème of JS is just that players run around and the defend the objective aspect of the game isn't played much.

I would love trying some JS premades though. Must be cool to try that with a team ^^
    It goes both ways.

My team on JS was caping flag by grouping up and playing as a team. We were obviously a much stronger team. However the opponent team had 3-4 flagbots that just WON"T STOP capping each time we move cap one they immediately come off rez or hide and cap it again. Their team is getting farmed and destroyed. They won by like 200 points.

And yes they contribute nothing more to their team other than capping the flag. They do not help cc/attack/focus target. Thus their team was decimated.

It really goes both ways. which is why its stupid. Your team groups up and has the skill to dominate yet you loose because of stupid game mechanics, that allows players to completely avoid pvp and win.

It's all about balance between split teams/killing/capping in JS.

When i see all the team zerging at start with 11 players towards mid or camping wrangling when the other points are just ignored, it's pretty much done and unplayable.

It's much better when there is 3x4 or 4x3 teams roaming all around the maps instead of having a giant monstruous 12vs12 fight where aoe shines and only tanks and ranged surviving by running in water or escaping in sprint mode.

Sure killing remove points to the other team, so you contribute to the victory, however camping the same 3 guys @ wrangling with twice the players is something really stupid as, if you have pretty much a general PoV of the fight, the remains of the team is basically fighting 6vs9 and most probably being camped in their rezpad/hiding therefore loosing more points.

Problem is we're talking about pug minis where the teamplay component is close to non-existant. PvP in AoC doesn't help that cause there's no targeting system, no way to make groups in JS (hello team without priest and team with 3 priests), no tools except chat to improve the team communication (except the classic "MID STUPID FAGS" which means "Try to go in mid to finally see you're only 2vs7 so prepare to run or die"

It's easy to keep a flagbot from capping especially in JS where dots and white hits work wonders to stop capping. If you lose that way it's just because all your doing is running around and avoiding the defending part of the game.

If a groupe is roaming in big groupe of 8/12 all the time. They'll steam roll a team that rolls in groupes of 3/4. But when the first team can only cap and defend one spot at a time, the others cap three. If the zerg team wins it's just because players get killed too much and give up letting zerg groupe win.
    Is the Zerg team much better ? Not really they just out number others in most encounters.

Flag bots compensate kill whores that don't give a damn about capping and will never bend over to cap a flag. What's right is probably somewhere in between. They don't contribute to team ? Well if they completely suck like some do, and it's everybodies right to not be a "pro pvper", them capping beats them trying to kill. They cap, i make space around them. Fair trade.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Zerging is bad way to play JS, or any zones pvp map.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I agree with sageman, some pl are just mean(or have a bias against somoene) and will kick right at the start and then go global and say "HV need one ns"
    Some people come to minigames with crafted gear and of course we wouldn't hesitate to kick them right at the start either.
    p.s. if they have crafted gear they have low rep cuz they would have pvp gear from pvp xp before ppl would get to know them so don't say something retarted like they might be really good in their crafted gear. Majority would just vote kick.(like me)

However, afk no moving, for over 30 sec, I would have vote to kick window pop. (they may have a dc but ppl could easily check their team kill death window to see if they were active if they never saw the player)
    Well, let people take that chance, then. Often you don't get more players in for the duration of the minis, so you shoot yourself in the foot. You'd also need at least 3-4 people voting to kick some1, meaning there'd need to be a lot of bias.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast