Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1-12 Order of class burst PVP

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    Plz don't make you

Finishing blow..... LOL an extra 400-1100 max? White hits can go for more than that... Besides 1 wreck armor with cooldowns and atg blows that **** away....
    And for you PVErs on the PVP thread plz say something that shows you have half a brain or else gtfo.
    In addition to that burst vs different classes plays a huge role in this equation.
    IMO what classes should have the highest burst dmg? Melee clothes moving up from there due to mitigation and or being ranged with no talent needed no hit box \ combos...
    Never said that is best burst barb can do but if you dont know that it is nice burst than you need to try it.
    I tried every possible pvp build on barb and know what dmg it can dish. Personally i prefer zerker with upheaval and hybrid build with 3 points in AM,but deacp build can also be pulled off i just dont like loosing anti cc.
    But since you laughed at my post lets do quick math:
    rampaging horde and thirst for blood up, knock finisher 700 dmg, staggering blow III 1.7k, finishing blow 1k+, ATG 1.6k and decap 1.8k-2.1k, that is all with non crit on most targets except heavy.
    Last edited by viroku; 12th November 2013 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Way to lose all credibility if you even had any left there lol
    Even Tekhan and Icestormy use their burst all the time...

And putting BS 4 is just cute, it's probably the weakest class in the burst department. They can do good damage but it's not fast and requires preparation. Guard is not the highest burst but one of the easiest, you only have to be in frenzy and use SS + reckoning, with good crits that's about 6k and almost instant (just 2 combo steps).
    I also wonder why people dismiss guard that easy. i mean even if its not crit and you hit both presteps on SS you are looking at least around 4k dmg. Also if you did knock before and BV after its pretty sweet burst. But on guard with good gear i seen SS finisher crits for 1.5-1.7k per hit and reckoning crits for 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    it wasnt ask for noob moves or not. it was asked for burst and barb is able to burst. if you dont want to use good feats because you think they are nubish, fine. Gimped yourself and cry with your home boy throughthedoor that barb needs a buff. i am sure, this will help your interwebz credibility a lot.
    The burst you have posted is decent, however it won' t kill anyone and it won't even significantly ( > 75% health ) damage a squishy unless you receive a solid helping from lady luck with a couple of good crits at the very least. It also depends on being able to kb the enemy (obviously impossible if they have immunity for whatever reason) AND it can only be pulled off once every 90 seconds due to the cooldown on finishing blow.

If this is the best argument you have about barbs not needing a buff, well...

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    3. demo (wave of flames perk)
    Waves of Flame is a channelled spell.
    With Ring of Fire perk maxed its damage is so high that you could even assimilate it to a "burst", but the true max demo burst is due to insta-casts (Bindings of Skylord - 0.3 sec cast to be exact - , Hellfire Stream and Shock).
    These 3 spells can almost kill an opponent with no protection and low constitution in < 0.5 secs.

This is probably fastest damage burst in game (target and boom), and the highest insta burst, probably on par with ranger TTS (which anyway needs opponent to be <35% hp if I'm not wrong, so is less available); it depends on opponent protection / mitigation which one hits hardest.

Sin bomb can do more damage, but it procs after 3 seconds and after you have performed combo, so it's not as fast ad those 2.

But again it's evidently hard to judge bursts.
    How many seconds? 3? 5? insta?
    From the beginning of the fight or at any point? Also highest burst varies depending on damage type and thus opponent mitigation or protection etc
    Last edited by Calore; 12th November 2013 at 14:55.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Waves of Flame is a channelled spell.
    With Ring of Fire perk maxed its damage is so high that you could even assimilate it to a "burst", but the true max demo burst is due to insta-casts (Bindings of Skylord - 0.3 sec cast to be exact - , Hellfire Stream and Shock).
    These 3 spells can almost kill an opponent with no protection and low constitution in < 0.5 secs.

This is probably fastest damage burst in game (target and boom), and the highest insta burst, probably on par with ranger TTS; it depends on opponent protection / mitigation which one hits hardest.

Sin bomb can do more damage, but it procs after 3 seconds and after you have performed combo, so it's not as fast ad those 2.
    Plus Shock Lance if you have been attacking other people and have a stack of 5, and of course Detonation which is instant cast too. We're looking at 5 instant or near instant cast damage spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    Plus Shock Lance if you have been attacking other people and have a stack of 5, and of course Detonation which is instant cast too. We're looking at 5 instant or near instant cast damage spells.
    True, but Shocklance in PvP is not always ready at 5x stacks, and Detonation is more useful for for kb.. but anyway true.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    True, but Shocklance in PvP is not always ready at 5x stacks, and Detonation is more useful for for kb.. but anyway true.
    Detonation's usefulness as a damage spell is underrated. Hit someone with Incinerate x5 and it does hefty damage.

PoM with double Holy Storm buffed Condemnation and Holy Cleansing is also pretty far up the list on high burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    For your education, not from a necro expert (correct me if wrong) : Pestilential Blast, Instant Ice Strike, Chill. Hurts a lot esp with Chilling Breath perk. Be wary of those necros who don't run around in silly lich form.

My list would have sin on top, then ranger/demo, then necro, then pom/conq, not sure of where I would put dt(kinda random) and guard and barbs (some do huge wtf burst, some others are meh) and the other classes.

Anyway it shouldn't only be about the magnitude of the burst, there's also at which frequency can you pull it out ? at which range ? with what kind of setup (do you have to wait for a specific proc ? do you have to pre-debuff ?) ? E.g. you certainly can get huge numbers with conq's OLP + Feint IX but when you factor in cooldown and reliability, sin's whatever-it-is-they-do wins hands down.
    I'm not even a barb fan but barbs have way more burst than ranger in 5 sec window, but rangers have way more burst in 2 sec window (cuz of taking the shot) anyway, if it weren't for taking the shot (say you are above 35% life, rangers I don't think should be ranked tied in 2nd (more toward the middle)
    As far as necros go I never see their burst because I never stay close enough for long enough time to see it. either i am running around with their dots and that doesn't do burst and if I am close I am either kb'ing one (which will be dead soon after he gets up) or I am running away, and barb has too many cc restraints to be tied down by necro too. Best way for me to see necro burst is to play my own i guess.
    As for demo, their best burst is definatly very close range "wave of flames" hands down (perked one)

lastly, I never use decapitation on my barb, I don't even have atg AA'd yet, and I don't have finishing blow feated either. I hate long cd's and the burst isn't as good as wreck armor with reaver buffs + overpower.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 12th November 2013 at 15:41.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

That is cause PvP quality is so horrible on Crom that no Necro know how to use burst dmg

I frankly don't believe that but rather I think throughthedoor has really no idea what's going on in pvp.

Is there really any necro out there NEVER using chill/ice strike? Spells that you get in Tortage...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast