Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1-12 Order of class burst PVP

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    A lot of ppl have done 1-10 scale pvp measures for class power, most hated class and most noob class but I have not yet seen one for class with most burst.

I will start.

1. conq
    2. sin
    3. demo (wave of flames perk)
    4. BS (crazy damage)
    5. ranger
    6. Dt (with avg vom stack seen in pvp)
    7. tos (with totem)
    8. pom
    9. hox
    10. guard
    11. necro (but they are the 1st or 2nd most op class)
    barb (unrated due to bias)

REMEMBER: this has NOTHING to do with the OP'ness of the class, I just want to see ppl's opinions of class burst
    BS 4 and Necro 11?? WTF

1 sin
    2 pom
    3 demo
    4 necro
    5 conq
    6 ranger
    7 hox
    8 DT (literally go from first to last depending on VoM)
    9 Barb
    10 Guard
    11 BS
    12 ToS
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    BS 4 and Necro 11?? WTF

1 sin
    2 pom
    3 demo
    4 necro
    5 conq
    6 ranger
    7 hox
    8 DT (literally go from first to last depending on VoM)
    9 Barb
    10 Guard
    11 BS
    12 ToS
    you must have never dualed a BS, they have uber burst damage (but is for some reason rarely seen in minigames)
    And I put necro at 11 cuz I don't ever see them hurt me very much in minigames (with burst that is)

And btw, carnage pve t4 conq does way more burst damage than pom/demo in t4 gear. A good conq will remove 80% of my life in one kb. demo/pom don't do that, they are more like 65%

Also, where is this necro burst, I never see them burst.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Lastly I didn't rate barb cuz barb can go from top to about the middle for burst damage depending on cd and reaver stacks and overpower proc. For example, I have killed mages with 100% life in one kb (dead by the time they get up) but this is very rare cuz it requires 15 reaver stacks, and all buffs off cd with a crit on overpower. (so it doesn't happen very often) I can't say I have been killed by the time I got up from kb by any other class other 100%-0% hp except for sin, and that too is very rare and I haven't had it happen to me for quite a while sense i have 60% chance of mitigating 50% of a critical hit (too many t4 sins without master assassin to cause me enough trouble)
    Conqs hit me way harder cuz of fire banner, huge crit chance and the worst part, torments (in about 5 sec I will loose 80% of life from a pro conq)With sin it is about the same but usually ppl will help me if it is a sin but rarely conq. Also, as long as bomb is mitigated down to 2k, the sin has nothing left.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Way to lose all credibility if you even had any left there lol
    Even Tekhan and Icestormy use their burst all the time...

And putting BS 4 is just cute, it's probably the weakest class in the burst department. They can do good damage but it's not fast and requires preparation. Guard is not the highest burst but one of the easiest, you only have to be in frenzy and use SS + reckoning, with good crits that's about 6k and almost instant (just 2 combo steps).
    Last edited by kalston; 12th November 2013 at 09:18.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Problem is that conq is heavy armored assassin, with power of cimmerian god's lending him hand to be protected by gods once in a while and ofc that CROMS SHOUT WHICH UNLEASHES THE POWER AND KNOCK'S DOWN EVERYONE NEARBY.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    It is cheesy build but actually knock, staggering blow, finishing blow, decap+ATG is nice burst, specially since often at least decap or atg crits.
    hybrid barb can also dish some great burst, and OP beloved reaver general even better.
    Plz don't make you

Finishing blow..... LOL an extra 400-1100 max? White hits can go for more than that... Besides 1 wreck armor with cooldowns and atg blows that **** away....
    And for you PVErs on the PVP thread plz say something that shows you have half a brain or else gtfo.
    In addition to that burst vs different classes plays a huge role in this equation.
    IMO what classes should have the highest burst dmg? Melee clothes moving up from there due to mitigation and or being ranged with no talent needed no hit box \ combos...

For your education, not from a necro expert (correct me if wrong) : Pestilential Blast, Instant Ice Strike, Chill. Hurts a lot esp with Chilling Breath perk. Be wary of those necros who don't run around in silly lich form.

My list would have sin on top, then ranger/demo, then necro, then pom/conq, not sure of where I would put dt(kinda random) and guard and barbs (some do huge wtf burst, some others are meh) and the other classes.

Anyway it shouldn't only be about the magnitude of the burst, there's also at which frequency can you pull it out ? at which range ? with what kind of setup (do you have to wait for a specific proc ? do you have to pre-debuff ?) ? E.g. you certainly can get huge numbers with conq's OLP + Feint IX but when you factor in cooldown and reliability, sin's whatever-it-is-they-do wins hands down.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

you must have never dualed a BS, they have uber burst damage (but is for some reason rarely seen in minigames)
    And I put necro at 11 cuz I don't ever see them hurt me very much in minigames (with burst that is)
    If you define "damage burst" as the max damage performed in 3 seconds from the start of the fight, then BS sits in the bottom part of the list.
    In 3 seconds, max burst can be generated by max Rampage stacks + Empowered Renewal finisher + eventually Rune of Aggression buff, but that's a way lower burst than what most of other classed are able too.

The high BS damage burst you talk about is generated by Internal Bleed dots running in a Mutilation spec.
    If you perform for example a FG combo (which eventually crits) over those dots, and maybe during sun vision weapon damage buff and/or sun/spirit vision damage dots, than the damage can be really huge.
    But that is not an initial burst, aka it is not what grants BS a kill if he starts DPSing an opponent at the same time of another class.

It's something that requires micro-management and preparation, and it's why you don't see so many BSs get lot of kills (some do anyway, but not as many as demo/sin etcs, if u have good one in your group stealing kills).

Definitely you missplaced BS in your list imo.
    Last edited by Calore; 12th November 2013 at 11:28.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    For your education, not from a necro expert (correct me if wrong) : Pestilential Blast, Instant Ice Strike, Chill. Hurts a lot esp with Chilling Breath perk. Be wary of those necros who don't run around in silly lich form.
    Yeah depending on your gear and luck (you still need to crit) this is a huge burst. A T4 Necro would roughly hit you for 3.6K on Chill and the same on the instant Ice strike. Chill is instant, the ice strike should be too.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Picking two noob moves from the barb does not help your interwebz credibility...
    it wasnt ask for noob moves or not. it was asked for burst and barb is able to burst. if you dont want to use good feats because you think they are nubish, fine. Gimped yourself and cry with your home boy throughthedoor that barb needs a buff. i am sure, this will help your interwebz credibility a lot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast