Thread: Assassin Questions

Default Assassin Questions

Hello,

I'm a fresh 80 sin looking for help. I've watched every single video facepoker has put out. I hear he is one of the top if not the top assassin out there. I watched quite few people gather some questions up.

1. "Bomb" spec seems to be the way to go. However, watching facepoker he goes a bit different. He does SDS + GC then FS. I've seen so many sins do GC + SS for the bomb. Why come he goes a different route.

2. I've noticed 40+ in corruption feats and 20+ in lotus feat why to go. What is everyone thoughts about that. I however never got Facepoker build I did find out he was using AOD cause of the break on CC and the heal you get when u do dmg. Whats everyone thoughts on PVP builds.

3. PVE rotation. I've been doing GC>SS>SDS>GS>ss9>ss10>ss9 repeat. That rotation good enough or not? I'm currently using 31/48/0 spec for pve but I somehow think it's not spec I should be using.

Sorry for the boring questions, but i'd love to hear your inputs.

Thanks

1. Bc SDS+SS gives a stun. Along with OppStr you'd have two stuns to play with if the opponent in the 1v1 situation breaks sds stun. For example when he fights my bs he'd do sds ss stun first. If I break it he'd do one of his other cc. If he does kb on me he'd do ss9 first, then a gc 6 that will finish right after I get up, then face stab. You can try doing that so you will take less dmg than using ss soley for dmg, not stun.

2. Check other threads about pvp builds, Slith's got most of them (IMO) posted. I think if you're a fresh sin, your only choice is to go AOD for the CC break/immunity/self heal. For a fully geared sin though, players like zarutobi use another spec in addition to aod, which is kb immunity in general plus lotus overdose.

3. I don't know what your dps is like nor do I remember what the best balance between hate reduction/dps is during fresh 80 days. However the spec I recommend for a sin in pve is a general distraction build so you will have a lot of - hate. For your rotation, as a new 80, just try and make your rotation congruent with one another; Meaning, always have gc/sds on cooldown and work around it so all your combos are avail one after another.

New sins in pve must have selfress and cover of dusk. So many cute little sins in thier blue gear go full out and die with thier 6k hp. The 17% wep damage increase in general is great too.