Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tombstones

Default Tombstones

I know this is going to be a noob question but I haven't got a straight answer about not picking up your tombstone after you die. Are the reductions in stats permanent or only during the 30 minute duration? Should I make a solid effort to go back and get my tombstone? In some cases I do because I died in a certain area for a reason and in some cases, I just don't want to go back through that hell.

Just wondering how it worked?

Not permanent and in most cases not worth going for them any extra effort (unless you are having trouble winning a certain fight).

not permanent penalty. the penalty can stack up to 3 times, you'll see the little debuffs above your name. I don't even bother getting them unless i'm passing by them. don't bother going out of your way imo.

1% is a lot. That means that no matter how hard you try, no matter how much the random crit/proc/chance/star allignment loves you, you can't do 100% of your damage. You cant mitigate 100% of what you should be mitigating. Tombstones are frustrating, I'd definitely pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    1% is a lot. That means that no matter how hard you try, no matter how much the random crit/proc/chance/star allignment loves you, you can't do 100% of your damage. You cant mitigate 100% of what you should be mitigating. Tombstones are frustrating, I'd definitely pick them up.
    Ya, try to tank Custodian of Yoth in Sepulcher with three death penalties after failed steam puzzle attempts.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    That's it. Watch your stats before and with 1,2,3 penalties. You think 1% - 3% is not much? It is huge. So cleaning up your penalties by capturing tombstones ist worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    That's it. Watch your stats before and with 1,2,3 penalties. You think 1% - 3% is not much? It is huge. So cleaning up your penalties by capturing tombstones ist worth the trip.
    well, it depends .. when leveling a char, questing or farming some mats I really wouldn´t mind to run around with a skull, two or three, but I would think about it twice when going to do some more challenging content where I can´t just faceroll stuff
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast