Thread: is my spec's running the game as it should?

Default is my spec's running the game as it should?

Hi, AOC runs for me with maxed settings at 15 - 20 fps (12 on open, detailed/crowded areas)
    i wanted to know if that fps is right for my specifications, or if i can do more to improve my fps (if not, then i guess i will just lower some settings). thanks for any help.

my spec's:

Operating System: Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    System Model: 350V5C/351V5C/3540VC/3440VC
    BIOS: P09ABE
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6036MB RAM
    Page File: 2349MB used, 5094MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_C0D8144D&REV_09
    Display Memory: 3796 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1034 MB
    Shared Memory: 2761 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: AUO193C
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.058Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd3 2,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
    Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.2857 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.982.6.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: Thread group
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/17/2012 05:24:10, 12604928 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes

[the intel hd4000 has crossfire with an ATI hd7670, the total memory from both cards shows above].

First I have ever heard of crossfire with graphics that are part of the processor. Absolutely no way this is possible. If someone told you this, they lied.

Intel HD 4000 means the graphics are onboard, or part of the actual processor. If you do have a video card in it, then the onboard should be turned off. It should have automatically done this.

As far as AOC with the onboard, they're probably going to run medium to low and nothing else without killing the FPS. So yes, 10-15 on high is all you will get.

If there really is a video card in it, then it should run medium/high settings. Doesn't look like there is one.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

hmm i can run a lot of 2012 games with high settings. that's a good sign right? lol

As Halfdead said, there's two options:

1) Either you have two different GPU which is kinda frequent in laptop, where the machine swap from one to another to save power, for instance using the more powerful GPU only when using games.

It's possible that the software dectects only the hardware activeat the time of the detection, thus detecting only the HD4000. And maybe for some reason the HD7670 doesn't turn on when launching AoC. Anyway, you should be able to force the computer to turn on and you the HD7670 if there's one. (For Nvidia, you can right-click on the desktop and choose "Nvidia control panel", no idea for AMD/ATI but it should be roughly the same). Then you can try to launch AoC and it should be running fine.

2) Or you have only the HD 4000 and the person who told you there's also a HD7670 was trying to scam you. But in no way you can have a crossfire betwenn the hd4000 and the hd7670, that's not how a crossfire work. But it's possible to have both of the GPU on the same computer, though, they just will switch on and off to have only one of the two active at any time.

There's plenty of ways to know if you actually have two GPU, though.

Crossfire only works if they are from the same generation.

i.e. 5xxx with a 5xxx, but not a 5xxx with a 6xxx or 7xxx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_CrossFireX

Also I would have expected the other video card to be displayed in the diagnostics.

If you go into CCC (the ATI tray tool thing which you should have) does it allow you to see both video cards?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    First I have ever heard of crossfire with graphics that are part of the processor. Absolutely no way this is possible. If someone told you this, they lied.
    You can crossfire an AMD APU with a discrete graphics card, so it's not all a lie. It is however not worth the effort due to poor graphical power.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyana View Post
    You can crossfire an AMD APU with a discrete graphics card, so it's not all a lie. It is however not worth the effort due to poor graphical power.
    Not the same thing. The fact that two things are working together is not Crossfire. Crossfire refers to a specific technology that allows two or more graphics cards to talk directly (more or less) to one another so they can balance workloads quite efficiently. By comparison the data path between a PCIe GPU and CPU is much more expensive relatively speaking, expensive enough that the workload balancing you can do is limited.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Best thing you can do is increase the RAM since you don't have a graphics card with it's own independent v-ram the HD4000 gets it's RAM from the pool your computer comes with since it's built into the processor itself.

I want to share here my experience since I've had almost the same problems, with a very similar config
    SAMSUNG notebook
    Intel i3-3120 4Gb
    Intel HD4000
    Radeon HD8750M
    Windows 8

from the start, the game wouldn't install properly, because of non recognized DX version (Win 8 has DX11 but was not working backwards with DX9/DX10).
    I had to install, squipping the regular patcher and running game in compatibility version with Win7.

From that day, the game was working -ok-ish- that is around 20-23 fps that kept degrading after each and every gamepatch to become lately a mere 18 fps in dungeons and outworld, 15 fps in raid with frequent spikes as low as 7-8 fps in forgotten city, tarantia or with particles in raid. Worl bosses where below 3 fps. All options set to medium to low didnt help.

I think these performances were related to the computer not switching to the video card. I have modified some setups in the computer, in the Catalyst control center, moving from optimize to maximize. I have then removed the compatibility with Win7 option at launch. Now i have experienced something really different. All options to max and full particles gave me 45-50 fps with some lows at 35 fps in Tarantia, no more lagging when running on fast horse into city, etc. Forgotten city which somehow always give lower perfs was very fluid, though still with a lower fps than everywhere else at around 25.
    Hope that helps.