Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game directors letter of the month - October

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Why is it so important to have dex on swords? Doesn't the t1-t3 sword with CR do a decent ammount of damage too? Is the TT sword better than tier 1-3?

Sorry for OT.

It's not really important, it's just that Religolibri is a little manic, that is all
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

If players do not get more control over what they craft, the whole thing is just a similar problem in different clothes. Other points that are mandatory are less grind (for example the breaking down option helps, since you can then collect through normal gameplay) and and incentive for economy without buffing monopolies or oligarchies (for example limiting certain parts to BoP drops in raids is bad for the market, like we have now. But making these drops BoE would make it totally different, while still giving the local benefits for raiders).

Giving the option to make swords relying on dex and not strength is one thing.
    Allowing for choosing appearance and stats in a way is too.
    If someone wants a dagger with strength and wisdom, it should be possible. Simple as that.

I am still curious, with the random elements (critical success) introduced...will there be some risk involved as well?

Will it be possible to modify existing items?

What will happen to the guild decorations and architects?

Will there be npcs for all, where you could buy "designs"?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 7th November 2013 at 15:19.

Some questions :

- Did the new craft system will be tied to guild city structures&levels like level of weaponsmithing building and such things ? I'm a little concerned about testing it in TL since it is not really easy to have a complete guild city here ?

- Will you ask for players point of view about how the new unchained minis will be balanced ? It seems to be a very delicate work if i refer to the words you used, so i don't know if players PoV is something you refer sometimes or if you take them very carefully considering pvp crowd share less the same ideas about the game and how it must be balanced, than pve crowd.

- You evocated some months ago some sort of special Test Live event to strenghten up the population of testers in this server ? Did this idea abandonned ?
    I think it would be a good idea to advertize more on this to have a decent testing on both new crafting system & unchained minis. Atm, it is not possible to test something else than 6-players dungeons in TL (and still you have to advertize in your own guild and make special internal events) and i fear you won't get so much feedback for theses hot-projects with the current population on TL forums&servers.

Crafting revamp looks good, How about since production is slow we give a small change to pvp that would make a big difference.

Decrease the pvp xp required for levels 1-10, Pvpers dont like grind so why is it there

Is this too complicated? Maybe a half-day and one server restart would make pvpers rejoice. Does that not make sense? I feel like I'm taking crazy-pills lol
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 7th November 2013 at 20:20.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Crafting revamp ~ awesome, I'm excited to hear that we may see it by 2014!

Server Transfers (paid or otherwise) ~ "as soon as possible" is as vague as it gets man ... COMMON'!!

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Letter translation: " We are incompetent. Keep paying"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Game Director’s Letter – October 2013:
    We are working towards releasing a build containing the tradeskill system to the testlive servers quite soon.
    That's good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Game Director’s Letter – October 2013:

That's good news!
    Keep paying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

I hope that's (new craft system) happening really soon because after Halloween event nothing to do more in this game for me again

And I know many veteran players who feel same
    Last edited by Ernests; 12th November 2013 at 07:33.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I hope that's (new craft system) happening really soon because after Halloween event nothing to do more in this game for me again

And I know many veteran players who feel same
    Yep. Even T4 feels old and has gotten boring. And I can't bring myself to do another 6man dungeon for the 10,000 time.
    Need fresh stuff to do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast