Thread: Faction gear for PVP questions

Default Faction gear for PVP questions

Hi, I have returned to the game recently and I was trying to inform my self what is the best way for a fresh 80 to progress in pvp.
    The answer to that is straight forward, get faction gear. But on the forums and in game I have found 3 completely different approaches, and I wanted to discuss them in a single thread.

1st option- Tamarin's Tigers
    This is the most common answer and approach I think, but I have doubts it is the best one.

2nd option- Last Legion
    When I stopped playing in 2011 I think Last Legion was the faction to go for the PVP full plate gear set. Opinions?

3rd- option- Shrines of Bori
    I also read somewhere that this is the BEST option.

So, what do you guys think?

Mix of wisdom gear from Yun or SC, tiger gear, and I personally like the wolf gear for a little added survivability but I may be insane
    I don't make points I make dents.

T2 or T3 PvP gear is the best for all tanks in pvp, but until you get a full set (and it will take a while): tigers is the best, but if your just speed playing and getting a mix of rares than you can make due with certain LL(helm for crit rating) or Wolves pieces(belt, boots are so so). The helm out of fort isn't bad either...I would avoid the LL heavy armor, it's complete trash. I would not recommend trying to pvp in a full light armor wisdom gear either, you'll just die in seconds.

What you really need to work on is gathering items that increase your crit rating such as death ward, any armor piece that does so, and getting a decent neck. You'll need the crit rating to take advantage of VoM proccs, and don't forget a decent 1 hander. The blue shield out of yag works pretty good too until you get the pvp t2 shield since it has crit rating as well.

It's a lot of grind if your starting fresh, I'm not sure how easy it is to bori now with the merge, but if you can I wouldn't bori past pvp 4, getting the gear without pvping is no way to learn your class and get better. gl.
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th November 2013 at 03:32.
    Doomsayer 2008

yeah, I agree with your answers, except the part that t2 and t3 pvp gear is better than tigers etc..Not that I don't agree(I want to believe it since I think it will be easier to acquire since I am 5% from pvp level 2) but because everyone says all pvp gear until t5 is crap..

Quote Originally Posted by duradurad View Post
    yeah, I agree with your answers, except the part that t2 and t3 pvp gear is better than tigers etc..Not that I don't agree(I want to believe it since I think it will be easier to acquire since I am 5% from pvp level 2) but because everyone says all pvp gear until t5 is crap..
    he didnt mean pvp lvl 2 and 3 gear but tier. tier 2 start at pvp4-pvp7 for gear and pvp 8 for weapons.
    Tier 1 pvp gear you can use purple parts till you hit pvp 6 and 7 to replace them.