Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone using a razer naga with the DT?

Default Is anyone using a razer naga with the DT?

Hi, Im wondering if anyone is using a razer naga or a g600 to play with his DT. And if someone use it which combos or keys bind to it.

Im not sure if it would be better binding the arrows or the combos.

I recently started using the Naga again - numeric mapping on the mouse. I typically use numeric keys 6 to 0 plus - and = since they aren't easily reachable with my left hand. Three of which are very frequently used, and another 4 that are less. Currently, these are all combos and abilities.

I think there is some value to remapping mouse buttons 4 and 5 to Q and E so you have all directionals on the mouse. Reason being that you can move smoothly while doing combo pre-finisher steps (move so finisher lands on unshielded side) - I've gotten used to doing this on the keyboard but movement is slightly stocatto like.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post

I think there is some value to remapping mouse buttons 4 and 5 to Q and E so you have all directionals on the mouse. Reason being that you can move smoothly while doing combo pre-finisher steps (move so finisher lands on unshielded side) - I've gotten used to doing this on the keyboard but movement is slightly stocatto like.
    mmm, sorry but i didnt understand this part.

I prefer to use the Logitech G700 with all 4 strafing / turning keys bound to the thumb buttons and forward / back buttons bound to the additional keys on top for double-tapping.

Which means that all combo starters and directional attacks remain on the keyboard.

The reason is that if you place both movement keys and attacks (starters / directionals) on the mouse, they easily become mutually exclusive.

Maybe that's what longtail was referring to as well.

Would also be interested in people's setups with MMO mice like the G600 or the Naga, though.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

For now I play on a G700, which has 5 button less than the G600 but, anyway I'll had my two cent since I also I had this dilemma about binding the arrow or the combo.

Personally, I find convenient to use the directional mousewheel clicks as directionnal white hits. Mousewheel-Left is upperleft hit, mousewheel click is front hit, and right is right, etc. That's on my Logitech but I'm pretty sure the Razer also have this feature.

It feel smooth and natural, it's accessible very quickly and give some free space above left hand for a quick access to whatever you want. The two last directional hits (lower left/right) are on two thumb buttons.(Like G12/G14 or whatever).

Rest of the buttons are mainly abilities.

Thing is I also try to keep roughly the same setup for each toon. Like, my three priest have the Green/blue/Big heal at the same place on the mouse, and on the other non-priest toons, the "big heal button" = "Oh **** button" or a self heal abilities. Same way, CC buttons are at the same place, etc. Personally, I find it much easier to play that way.

If possible you want to circle strafe such that your finishers land on the unshielded side. You can move while activating the combos leading up to the finisher (but have to stand still for the finisher), but not easy to do unless you separate the directional attacks and movement to different devices. One option is to move with keyboard WASD, but do all directionals (i.e. 123QE) on mouse. Q and E are typically the mappings for Lower Left and Lower Right directionals - I suggested that you can map these two keys to mouse thumb buttons 4 and 5 so you have all directional buttons on your mouse.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

I have tried a Razr Naga for some weeks and I don't really like it.
    Even when you get used to push all buttons with thumb, you discover that in the end it is definitely slower than other solutions, like the Roccat Kone+.
    This last one imo is definitely and by far a better solution than the naga, which is very advertised but is weaker from many points of views, driver and ergonomics included.

Maybe Naga is suitable for other mmorpgs, non-combo ones probably, but I would not suggest it for AoC.
    It's better than a normal mouse ofc, but if you can try a Roccat Kone+ I think you will have no doubts.
    Last edited by Calore; 23rd July 2013 at 10:48.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

razer naga coupled with a nostramo is unbeatable never use the keyboard again for playing MMOs i have all combo keys and spells/ability bound into both and have found it the easiest way to game ever since.

I have Nostromo + Kone Roccat Awesome combination .. bye bye keyboard
    I have had few Razers mouses but Razers generally are pretty small and button places dont fit for me. Roccat is way better also softwarewise i think .
    Last edited by SelfRez; 23rd July 2013 at 11:34.

I just use a cheap, plastic BIC Razor, the plastic yellow one 's.
    They give a very close shave.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast