Thread: Possible fake emails

Default Possible fake emails

I don't know if I am being scammed, so i wanted to see if anyone else who plays has experienced this. I renewed my sub with a VISA card that I use on PayPal, Amazon etc, and got a reply from a funcom email address saying to process the payment i need to send them a scan of my licence or passport, and my credit card. Has anyone else heard of this? It doesn't sound right, never had a company ask for scans of personal Id's and cards to make a payment unless it was an online scam

Check your payment status on the account page. If there's nothing wrong, then you're probably safe to delete that e-mail.

I can't think of any reason why Funcom will ask for your ID and credit card when you're trying to pay. The only case you'll have to ID yourself is if you've been hacked and lost your password.

If your account got banned due to a failed payment. Then they will ask for your ID. However, blank everything out except for your name. Our guild has experienced this for a couple people. Its due to Fail Com and their terrible payment logic. Hopefully you've been through emails with them, otherwise they shouldn't ask for anything out of the blue.

Check your account page to make sure, and also your Paypal. To save headaches from this due to their ill-logic, I suggest using game time cards.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Thanks for the feedback. My old sub still has about a week left on it. I hope FC can sort it out. Providing scans of personal identification and a credit card via email is asking for identity fraud, and it's not the way my bank intended for my card to be used (it probably breaches the terms). I hope it really isn't this hard to give FC money using a valid credit card.