Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ummm how is this fun??

Default ummm how is this fun??

things nearly 7 levels under me... barely get xp for... but they MASSIVELY MOB ME OVER AND OVER.

Cant run; only more aggro would be caused... cant really fight them.. their numbers are too many.

To recover my tombstone means I have to SLOWLY work down to there again; killing nearly grey **** that doesnt give xp.

Unholy Magic is the name of this quest; it should be named Unholy Unplayable BS

I hope the rest of the game isnt this way, and that perhaps this is some retarded fluke.

soloing a group quest that includes fighting epic mobs, are we?

edit:
    found it
    http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Unholy_Magic

make sure you´re not in the Epic instance
    Last edited by Argantes; 4th November 2013 at 14:44.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Last edited by Ekorn; 4th November 2013 at 14:50.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by greebler View Post
    things nearly 7 levels under me... barely get xp for... but they MASSIVELY MOB ME OVER AND OVER.

Cant run; only more aggro would be caused... cant really fight them.. their numbers are too many.

To recover my tombstone means I have to SLOWLY work down to there again; killing nearly grey **** that doesnt give xp.

I hope the rest of the game isnt this way, and that perhaps this is some retarded fluke.
    I'm sure you can do it. Just be careful and it can help to use a bow to pull mobs to a safer spot in the back so you don't have to face everyone heads on. Also watch the patrols so you don't get an annoying chain pull.

And to be honest, I wouldnt worry to much about retrieving my tomb stone as the death penalties is AOC isn't that much of a hazzle. Are you sure you got the rez point up the stairs (not only the one close to the entrace of the zone)? That will make your run back a bit shorter. Maybe also check if there is some other player in the vicinity and group up with them?

Don't give up yet on AoC.
    Last edited by Maark; 4th November 2013 at 15:19.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by greebler View Post

Don't worry. That quest is unusually difficult for one that is supposed to be done solo. That is especially true if you are new to the game and don't yet know all the little tricks and tactics that can be used, or don't yet know how to play your chosen class for best effect.

Try finding someone to group up with. It should be much easier if you are two or three people killing the mobs. (But it can be done solo, it is difficult but not impossible.)

In the worst case you can always skip that quest. You would miss a couple of follow-up quests and some decent quest rewards, but nothing important.

That quest is solo able. just need to pull mobs. Key tactic is if you pull to many just sprint away till a few reset. also try to group mobs up so you hit them all, dont try and 1 by 1 fight them. So what you do is run in and aggro a few, like 4-5, then lead them back and bunch them up so you hit all of them at same time. Gray mobs shouldnt aggro on you so just walk by them. Also if you still cant do it, just fight your way to the gate and ask for help in chat. Some one will come along.

wow thanks for all the help!

Yes I think this is growing pains for this. As bear shaman I never thought of using my bow (till now).

Ill give it a try

From my understanding, Bear Shaman is a bit difficult to play at that level, but grows into a powerful and unique healer class. Usually there are enough people in that area so that some mobs will be preoccupied with someone else. Teaming up with them, or just picking fights and skirting around edges, using bow to pull mobs, and keeping your heals up, using big heal when low, should get you through it solo. Later on in that questline, you'll definitely want to group up. Find people to help or hell, even a guild, if you find yourself still struggling.

Make sure you buy the potions and foods for your level. I've soloed it for my bears going through tortage, but having the healing from a potion makes it much easier.

Since they removed the natural health regen from attributes, the pots have become essential for any fight you might need to kite a bit (unless you're a healer).

And usually there is no need to fight grey mobs, unless you have some manifestation running or hit them with another aoe combo/spell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast