Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian: Polearm Spec Bug/Stealth Buff

Default Guardian: Polearm Spec Bug/Stealth Buff

Ok, seriously, I think Polearm spec is currently BUGGED. I was running some 6mans and Wing 1 tonight and just messing around with polearm and my aggro is way WAY GREATER then what I think is normal.

My spec: Basic Tempest with enough in Jugg for 5 points in CoH (but I wasn't even using it to pull!) and basic general tree (hateful strikes, volcano rage..blah blah).

My Gear: T4 except hands (T3) + Non-crafted T3 Polearm.

Opponents Spec: Carnage Conq + One Tali DT both reasonably played.

Opponents Gear: Carn Conq was Full T3 with T4 weapons and Tali DT was FULL T4.

I spec'd counterweight and reprisal, no stall. Both the Conq and DT were having trouble pulling from me, in fact I locked both out on 1st boss in wing 1 and locked out both on firemonk (not even a headturn from the monk) and various other encounters.

We redid some of the 6mans and alternated my specs back to S&B (basic spec/Impassible grin + T3 Guard sword) and I was back to getting pulled from (from both the conq and DT) and eventually getting locked out by the DT. Then I switched back to the pole (switched to T1 Pole to see if it was the weapon) and I was locking EVERYONE out that time...not even ping ponging on some of the standstill bosses..just plain aggro LOCKOUT.

Conclusions:

1.) Polearm spec got a MASSIVE buff. Best way for this is to buff the innate hate on the pole combos. This is possible...maybe...I say this because so many guards use S&B to tank and it may have gotten unnoticed before a recent downtime/update.

2.) It's a bug with polearm combos, also possible. Lots of things got updated recently and a bug may have occured.

3.) My toon is specifically bugged.

So, what I need from the community is verification/confirmation of this bug/possible buff. Any other polearm guardians experiencing what I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Why don't you reveal yourself and tell us who are your awesome characters in game because your forum signature is a fake?

Would be nice to make a group with you, just for some random lols to see whats wrong or not with your guard or dt? I am curious to see in what 6 men instances s&s guardian is getting locked out vs dts and conqs.

We can do some hms together no trolling, just a friendly group?
    I don't know what toons you play on Crom and PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I would like to hear from some NON-EU players on this matter. Thank you. You are awesome!

Honestly your post doesn't really give any true context. Why don't you message me in game sometime and we can go test a heap of different things

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Honestly your post doesn't really give any true context. Why don't you message me in game sometime and we can go test a heap of different things
    I doubt that's possible since his full T4 guard shows up in search on crom as a barb.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Conclusions:

1.) Polearm spec got a MASSIVE buff. Best way for this is to buff the innate hate on the pole combos. This is possible...maybe...I say this because so many guards use S&B to tank and it may have gotten unnoticed before a recent downtime/update.

2.) It's a bug with polearm combos, also possible. Lots of things got updated recently and a bug may have occured.

3.) My toon is specifically bugged.
    4.) You happen to spec more aggressively and have a more aggressive combo rotation on your Polarm Guardian.

I did a Ai District run on my S&B Guardian a few days ago and my aggro didn't seem to be bugged. Could hold aggro against dps just fine and would have been able to lock out an equally well equipped Conq if I'd wanted. Can't say for sure, because I think aggrowise I wasn't pushed to the limit in that run and I don't play my S&B Guard very often these days.

Still, I doubt that there is a bug. From what I observe in our raids, there doesn't seem to be such a huge gap, if one exists at all, between Polearm and S&B Guardians.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I don't know what toons you play on Crom and PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I would like to hear from some NON-EU players on this matter. Thank you. You are awesome!
    Why EU players have no credibility or what, why are US players opinion on this matter more important or relevant, is't the game the same for both player bases?

Anyways we can easily arrange a group via pm's on forum here if you want?

"Keyboard diarrhea" should become a medical term.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Why EU players have no credibility or what, why are US players opinion on this matter more important or relevant, is't the game the same for both player bases?

Anyways we can easily arrange a group via pm's on forum here if you want?
    Have you never noticed that RingOfFail tries repeatedly to start US vs EU battles (like this) to distract from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Have you never noticed that RingOfFail tries repeatedly to start US vs EU battles (like this) to distract from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about?
    Yes I've noticed that and he wont get me into that "bs", just found his illogical answer funny, would be nice if he could back it up with a reasonable explanation :P

None of his chars are real, its either different class, non existent or diff class and lower lvl.
    If you dont want to tell what are names of your chars than dont, but dont lie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast