Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Renown

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I guess that's one good side effect, I'd be really pissed if our renown went to 1.
    Meh, it took us like 2 months to get back to 20, you finally have something to do again

@Hersch: You do gain renown, it just doesn't show in the renown rankings.

So, has funcom fixed this yet or any mention of it from them? Should I even bother logging on to work on my guild renown? My guild has been capped for months now.
    Can someone post the date Funcom started this bug?

I got a theory about why renown is appearing to 'stick' for so long. FC Devs made sure that renown levels before merge didn't drop after merge, but failed to deal with the renown 'pool' itself. Thus, Guilds are having to refill the pool all they way back up thru their current renown level and push the next one before they see it bump up again. It's like a flood pushing debris up a certain point on the beach and then retreating and not bump the debris further until floods back in fully and a bit more.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    I got a theory about why renown is appearing to 'stick' for so long. FC Devs made sure that renown levels before merge didn't drop after merge, but failed to deal with the renown 'pool' itself. Thus, Guilds are having to refill the pool all they way back up thru their current renown level and push the next one before they see it bump up again. It's like a flood pushing debris up a certain point on the beach and then retreating and not bump the debris further until floods back in fully and a bit more.
    That should not be the case, as I have multiple characters in the same guild, and only one of them is capped on valor (the newest 80, strangely enough). My main is still gaining renown with no problem.

+1 for fix.

When will the Renown cap problem be fixed? I have stopped playing one character already. I am kind of tired of seeing the renown cap message about can't earn any more valor every time I make a kill.

Thank you,

Not working, still broken. An official statment about this would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Not working, still broken. An official statment about this would be appreciated.
    You need to PM them on testlive pointing to this thread with a link to get a reply.

OR

Create a thread and spam it daily to get a reply.

Otherwise they ignore you.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    You need to PM them on testlive pointing to this thread with a link to get a reply.

OR

Create a thread and spam it daily to get a reply.

Otherwise they ignore you.

They still will ignore, and do ignore this along with a million tons of other problems. Funcom is a different company now with different goals than the company that started designing this game. When gaming companies follow the wishes of CEO's, you get **** on as a gamer.

Me personally, not that it matters, I'm completely tapped out with funcom and AoC. But I still read the forums and post from time to time just because AoC was such a big part of my life for a few years.

Best of luck to you all.

I think the gaming world needs a quality control/governing body to regulate and make sure gamers dont get **** on and ignored.

To make sure games do not get released half finished and full of bugs.

To fine companies like Funcom for ignoring their customers and taking their sub without developing any content. To make sure customers get refunds/compensation when they fail to deliver content for the monthly sub thats paid.

Funcom! Monthly sub=Monthly content!
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 18th March 2014 at 03:56.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast