Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Boyles - PVP Unchained Questions

Default Joel Boyles - PVP Unchained Questions

I haven't played this game in over a year and I will not return unless some type of revamp is done to the grind and pvp systems within this game. I have a few questions to ask of you about the unchained pvp that I read in your recent news letters.

1. Will players need any gear requirements at all to compete in mini games?

2. Do I have to level to be level 80 to sign up for level 80 mini games? I ask this question because, I believe to keep the pvp portion of the game flowing, you should allow players to just log in on any toon they want at any level and participate only in mini games if they choose to. This way it keeps the pvp players happy and flowing with a steady population(I absolutely hate the pve in aoc and any other trash pve game out there)

3. Will all AA's be unlocked in mini's when I sign up? If they aren't unlocked, then there is really no reason for removing the gear aspect in pvp. AA's and gear pretty much go hand in hand when it comes to mini games, especially at a competitive level.

4. PVP Rewards? After a game do players still collect tokens for gear? or can we collect tokens for gear + levels so we don't have to level up. Because once again, grinding is for mindless robots who enjoy beating up boring pre-programmed mobs.

5. Will you be adding statistics for individual players? teams? and ranking ladders?

6. And my most honest question. Are you going to put the skill back in to this game? Or are you going to leave it as it is now, which is catering to your average joe player who can't compete in any actual competitive game and wants to collect his gear, tokens and claim he is great at a game which is designed to hold average players and bad players up?

What I mean by skill is, bringing back instant cast cc's, longer combo steps, better abilities that required a brain, such as the old style Ranger compared to the new one you guys revamped and the use of using a lower tier combo that had a quicker animation for CC's but did no damage to add more dynamic layers to pvp.

IF you aren't doing any of this stuff or even a slight amount of it, then I can't see unchained pvp being beneficial in any shape or form to AoC on bringing old players back and new players in to the game who ONLY want to play the game for PVP

Its still in progress, so dont count with any concrete answer man before craft rewamp hit the live I guess. However, the 5th point where i mentioned stats is really important for unchained minigames.

btw: u asking about bringin back skill while talking about insta cast CCs? well, thats a discutable...I see the goods on both systems, somehow I like the current one more.

Longer combos, no way man, back in times there was no penalty for not hitting the target in pre finisher steps, again, I like more the current one where power comes with aim. Btw, oneshots on buffed finisher with preloaded steps doesnt show any kind skill m8.

Powerfull CCs should not be instant. Exception might be combobreakers like a quick stun or silence.
    There should be a limited number of instant ccs (if you need them) and of limited effect and high cooldown.
    The main cc gameplay should work action-reactionwise. We have a huge amount of ccs given for free, but most anti-ccs have to be feated or a AA.

Combo length is a question of how it is done. Techwise too short combos are bad...playwise long combos too. So how about the original idea of dividing the damage up more and not focusing so much on the (preloaded) finisher?

If you want to bring back skill to the game the very first thing that needs to be adjusted in my opinion is all the easy DPS feets that get buffed to oblivion with Gear.

All in all, since comboskip fix and CC revamp (roughly at the same time if i'm not mistaking) the game mechanics haven't changed that much. The amount of gear and aa players have has.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

the very first thing that needs to be adjusted in my opinion is all the easy DPS feats that get buffed to oblivion with Gear.
    I totally agree.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I just hope those balancing and designing the "unchained" play minis.
    Not only at t4 80. But in all facettes...low level 19, 39,.59 even 79, premade vs pug (if 12 friends sign, it is a premade, no matter how funcom balances), beginner 80, pvp4 80s, pvp10 80s, pvp t4 80s...

No matter from which side you come and what pvp you prefer, there are simple common things everyone can notice during a few days playing.

Agree with Vehl, too. The philosophy that was needed to empower chars for the pve challenges without raising actual level had been deadly for pvp.

In November letter of the month if you scroll down there is afew words about Unchained PvP progresses

QUOT "Unchained PvP progresses, but there is still a lot of balance work and testing to be done."

Now with such a small system team + the dedication funcom give to PVP side of the game this is very worrying

IMO what they should do is just keep things simple like every toon has max AA max pvp gear then you sign mini

THEN put ideas and suggestion onto test live...ie adjusting gear ladders stats guild vs guild sign with friends and so on

Because the comment in letter about balancing work sounds to me the toons you play now in current minis wont play like the unchained minis! and if they don't get the balancing correct its gonna be a right mess

Ppl who ask for bringing back the skill in this game is a clear sign for me, that there is a person who actually dont have skill.

Sorry to say so, but aoc is still one of the game where you can beat anyone if you are skilled enough as long as you dont fight in green gear against T4.

another problem i have with the post from the op is that he on the one hand wants competition and a challange but on the other hand he do not want to level (this is kind of competition) and no difference in gear or aa at all which would lead to 1 or 2 builds at best you can do pvp with. it would kill the diversity which isnt great already now.

i wouldnt mind aa and gear at all if there would be a pvp option for gear which is on par with t4 pve gear, especially for weapons.

and i am absouletly against the idea, that everyone gets best gear right from the start. we are playing a mmo here, not a shooter or something like league of legends. and even in modern Shooter like battlefield or CoD you have to "level" to use best gear. why the hell should anyone change this in mmos where this is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Sorry to say so, but aoc is still one of the game where you can beat anyone if you are skilled enough as long as you dont fight in green gear against T4.
    Erm yeah kinda stopped reading there lol

So you are saying a skilled F2P player with NO AA and low purple gear can beat a skilled player with high AA and high gear

When both of these skilled players meet gear and AA will win

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Erm yeah kinda stopped reading there lol

So you are saying a skilled F2P player with NO AA and low purple gear can beat a skilled player with high AA and high gear

When both of these skilled players meet gear and AA will win
    Seriously... a F2P player with no AA either subs to get some, or stops playing PvP in AoC (and since in F2P you can't PvE much...).

Taking two extremes doesn't mean much if it's unlikely and concerns a very small chunk of the population.

That being, gear gap needs to be reduced, but no gear gap isn't either a good solution if you ask me.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast