Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Boyles - PVP Unchained Questions

Yeah there was that video of Cozzano duelling a Demo (Jokijoke) back in the days. It show three or four duels. One time Cozzano reached the demo with 300 hp and then killed the demo that couldn't get out of CC, the other times Cozanno died before he could reach the demo.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Fixed for you

I agree 100% the recipe for pvp is as follows

1. Have little or no grind
    2. Keep skill based mechanics
    3. Keep it fast and engaging
    4. Stop making classes easy
    5. Make it competitive and brutal

This game will continue to die until Funcom realizes that there is no point of making a PVE oriented game when the MMO market is absolutely filled with better options. Instead it would have been best for them to focus to be a niche brutal pvp game
    1. yes, a big pro side of pvp is the potential of casual fun, this does not rule out some progression, but it should never be mandatory (or allow for a big gear power gap)
    2. and remove "skill based" exploits to be replaced by actual mechanics (working and fluent, see point 3)
    3. ...but get rid of one-shotting mechanics and instathings. This does not rule out fast and engaging.
    4. nothing against an easy mode version for each class ...BUT it should never be the most powerful variant. More options, flexibility and the option to actually improve a lot, if you concentrate should be the key
    5. competetive sure, but brutality should have consequences (easily combined with renown, factions or awards)

No.1 priority should be fixing the engine latency handling for obvious reasons (tech and programming)...second step should be disconnecting the progress chains in pvp, pve and crafting (pvp progress through pvp >> pvp progress through other things). Then some consequence system for open world pvp (longterm motivation for everyone). All with the five points in mind, would improve a lot.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th November 2013 at 16:01.

PvPers want Counter-strike in AoC mode. You login to game, you immediately see a PvP menu with all the minis/arenas/sieges with open spot, you add your name to open spot and wait until the PvP battle is over. Everyone is stripped of all gear/aa and they must choose gear/aa from PvP closet before entering mini/arena.

To OP. It's from TSW forum but fits here well

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam
    Does anyone remember when I said I wouldn't reply to threads with my name in the title?
    Well now I am, but only to create a paradox. And reiterate that I won't.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Someone else wants to ask something?
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I wonder if he only replies to the threads where they actually spell his name correctly?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Then this only provides more evidence of why he is not a good game director. Because a solid GD would respond and try to do the best he can to make his community happy and not focus fire only topics that "HE" feels is well suited to only 'his' standards.

AoC is dead because of the last GD and his selfish direction of the game and his pride to not change it back even when he knew he was wrong. Where is he now? Just being honest

I am new to AOC so im not gonna greebla about the pvp system in any say; just give suggestions of what ive seen works.

1. XP while leveling up; get pvpers unafraid to fight... and give them incentive to try. Xp does this greatly. Dont give TOO much but enough so that their time is at least worthy.

2. commendations that buy gears at all levels; aint got to be the best.. but at least make us feel like our hours spent were valuable to us.

3. Dropping Elitism- IN the pre WoW SWTOR years we got away with the idea that pvp is something to do when you grow up and have lots of coin, gear and are beyond endgame anyways.

SWTOR has proven that this is a false notion. It is hella lot more fun to mix it up and have many options.

4. if you want to change your newly hooked pvp players into pvp subbers... start limiting the matches they can do a week! Give em 7 matches - one freebie for each day, after that... pay up or go greeble. Willing to bet they sub if they like it; so make us like it!

No response from devs in Pvp forum on any posts/topics.

Guess everything is normal and new gd care just as much about pvp as the last one..gg

Still waiting for some interesting news about pvp, but it seems its more likely santa (the x-mas man) will fly by my window and fart.

80% of the time Devs don't respond to anything else than bug problemes. And a month ago or so GD did respond to the thread about buffing PvP weapons.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast