Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RP company while leveling and some instances

I had a lot of fun in a guild's RP run of Sanctum tonight. That connection was made and set up in the SHI the night before.

The RP run of Sanctum was a lot of fun, and I was very impressed with the quality and flow of the RP unfolding all around me. Sad that I'm not good enough to keep up - but they were going so great, I'm content to have my quiet character sitting back and mostly observing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Are any of the old guilds still present? I recently learned that Shadow Company folded a while back (which I can understand, but that's a discussion for another time and place), but which of the others stuck around?
    From old Wicanna most prominent is the heir of Guided Blades, The Fallen who has become very active.
    Amazons are semiactive on that scene as well from what I see.
    A number of minor guilds seems to have sprung up who you will almost only encounter in the open

The rest Invicta (as you well know), Sahada Berjara, HoWL even Empire of Stygia are dust except for one or two rarely-active players.

On the EU side I cannot even begin to keep track of of the RP guilds. Most seem French or German. No idea what their themes are, but they seem to hang out in SHI a lot and some are definitely devoted to ERP

Most notably IMO among the EU guils is Nomads (and Aesir Exiles who was deovted to Shakespearan RP until their recent demise for god knows what reasons)but I'm sure there are others that I don't know of and are keeping to the dark corners.

Most of the RPers I encounter are intuitive, not script-locked and open to surprises that will reveal to them how their char may react.

Then there are all the individuals who are RPers by Heart but have chosen to be in non-RP guilds to get the T3-T4 benefits

That EoS folded isn't a great loss, to be honest, especially given their leaders' escapades in disruption of any and all RP-events he could find.

It's good to see that there seems to be more Open-World RP going on, too. Those usually always lead to some rather hilarious and interesting situations.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Another RP guild has emerged, committed to open RP. The Nordheimer Sagas. Take a wild guess at racial theme

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Take a wild guess at racial theme
    Another Archeronian guild? *sighs* Look, it's not like Stygians are un-sympathetic to the idea of a master guild that treats all ethnic backgrounds in Hyboria equally (yes, yes...there's always someone complaining about the cages, but it does work to keep everyone in mind that no favoritism is being shown to the people next to them purely because of where they were captured), but we -do- have to watch our monopoly on the whole 'magic civilization that others aspire to or fear' or the entire point of building those pointy stone things in the desert starts to look a bit weak.

<sounds of whispering in the background>

Oh. Hmm. It seems I misunderstood. I apologize, and wish the new Lemurian guild the best of luck!
    Last edited by Urzra; 13th November 2013 at 18:02.

Recently met Skjaldvar, head of a new Norse-themed RP guild. He's a good RP-er, and have good hopes for his guild. Yalbak of the Seekers of Nithia advertises his guild frequently in NPH, and as I haven't seen any of that guild in the Serpent's Head Inn, I presume they are dedicated to open-world RP. In the meantime, looking to do more events like the Sanctum one, all are welcome, just contact me on Jiahuo.

Since I've been lurking about around this thread for a bit, I figured I'd at least throw my character name out as a contact for open world RP. To be honest, my favorite type of RP is IC dungeon delves, but getting groups together for that can be a bit painful at times. I'm typically running about on Jariana, so feel free to say hello when you have a chance.

Besides, someone has to help me keep Jiahuo up there in line...

Quote Originally Posted by Jariana View Post

Besides, someone has to help me keep Jiahuo up there in line...
    Ahh, I see you have not had many dealings with Cimmerians.

*Puts down a line of ale mugs with a serving wench and an Atlantian greatsword at the end*

There, that should do it. Let me know if you need more advice.

*goes back to translating how to use the Karutonia obelisk to get better reception on his scrying mirror*
    Last edited by Urzra; 19th November 2013 at 17:28.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast