Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The art of tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    LOL Schou. You've done your share of QQing about DTs.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180809

Henry, I don't think guard needs a buff. Making another class OP just makes the game that much easier, and IMO, it's already too easy.

The real issue is VOM, and until that is addressed (and they probably never will), everyone is just dancing around what's really wrong with soldier classes. A soldier leading a parse in dps/heals/damage taken on a T4 encounter, or soloing a 6 man boss, isn't a reasonable way for the game to function. But with content moving at a snails pace, seeing any major changes isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever.
    I do agree here. With all things being equal, if you boil it all down it comes to 2 things. 1.) VoM is broken/bugged OP 2.) Some of the carnage spec dps needs to be shifted to brute spec DPS for conqs. If even these two things can be fixed it'll fix an insane amount of things in the game from gear to 6mans to raids even PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I think you need to go look up fearless again. Fearless Major Pieces, Courageous Wrist + Shoulder, Indom Feet Belt Hands.
    Yeah... For some reason looked at Courageous.

LOL Schou. You've done your share of QQing about DTs.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180809

Henry, I don't think guard needs a buff. Making another class OP just makes the game that much easier, and IMO, it's already too easy.

The real issue is VOM, and until that is addressed (and they probably never will), everyone is just dancing around what's really wrong with soldier classes. A soldier leading a parse in dps/heals/damage taken on a T4 encounter, or soloing a 6 man boss, isn't a reasonable way for the game to function. But with content moving at a snails pace, seeing any major changes isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever.
    Your rite, I have!

I have sense also decided they aren't needing to be fixed all that much. Obviously, I seen the light a long time ago and my decision has changed.

But I have to ask the question, how does quoting my above statement correlate with me QQing about the class in the past? 25% increase in damage done isn't going to affect the guard class that much. I already stated the reason why.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 1st November 2013 at 14:28.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I agree partly with the thread-owner.

What I experience in lots of the new content is that the Defence(Prot/Mitigation) of the creatures is lowered/removed, which makes damage numbers higher, and ofcourse highly disvantages Guardians.

I have no problem with DTs aggro, what I have a problem with is the easy learningcurve, make something about VoM, Make dts have buffs or stances to controll in order to max out aggro, instead of just buttonsmashing.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Bring the DT's down to earth by meeting or at least changing VoM and the Conqs(I.e. Barbs that learned to wear plate and grew more muscles) to shift some of their DPS from Carnage to Brute spec.

Guardians can be left alone if both of these things happen. As of now, it's seriously broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Good guards are already laughing imo at all this crying.
    Don't misunderstand me: game is not balanced, DT deals way too much damage in defencive and yes, Guard can just tank while DT can tank and do shitloads of DPS. VoM should be adjusted, all true.

But about tanking, there are no issues imo, Guards are fine.
    Some boss are easymode for DTs ofc (Arbanus, Gyas etc), on other bosses Guards have an edge, but overall Guards have their spot at tanking imo.

That's why I say that good guards are already laughing about all this crying about aggro.
    There is no aggro problem imo.

There is a DPS problem ofc, but no aggro issues imo.
    There are many fights, several 6 mans, arbanus, gyas, the easy form of keeper, basilisk, zodiac, where a DT can get away with a tali/gen spec, survive with health taps, do more dps than anyone else, and still meet mitigation thresholds. No guard or conq can touch dt agro on one of those fights unless its a boss with an aggro reset. It's obvious from the DT forum that many people don't know how to maximize what the DT is capable of.

No guard or conq can touch dt agro on one of those fights unless its a boss with an aggro reset.
    I've just realized that all this agro shitfest can easily be solved by having every raid/dungeon boss reset their agro every minute. VoM would still be a game breaking piece of **** but at least "agro locking dumb dt" part of the problem would be solved.

And the 'dumbest comment of the month' award goes to...

There was an interesting suggestion by another poster a few months ago about VoM, allow 5 procs in defensive stance( or cap it at 4) and max 3 in neutral, max 2 in frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    There was an interesting suggestion by another poster a few months ago about VoM, allow 5 procs in defensive stance( or cap it at 4) and max 3 in neutral, max 2 in frenzy.
    Or just re-balance / re-think VOM entirely. I think we can all agree that, currently, it is way over the top. I have a DT and I would still like to see it nerfed (along with other changes if nerfing VOM makes it necessary with respect to rotation and ability synergy).
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast