Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Max sin dps possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Thanks - good to compare with my logs ... you stealthed the strawman

After quick testing I saw no more sps increase feating full unholy strength. So I will put these points back into dread weapon ... and I think I have to change my rotation.

@CueQue: Sounds like a good idea
    Last edited by Argaron; 7th November 2013 at 09:32.
    KlingenBruderschaft

Yeah I'm a pvper, just force of habit. Didn't even think about it.

BTW used with t3 crafted blunt with 2 protection gems, rest khitai gear.

Talking about max dps is nice and all, I never use it. It's distraction + wiles for most pve fights, and it'll never be used in pvp.

Just tried the last days different rotations ... but can't increase my sps *feeling real wired* Changed my build a little bit now and keep trying
    KlingenBruderschaft

http://goo.gl/cAitwC

1963 dps strawman
    Full BB gear, t2 and hyrikan dagger. Cheng-ho neck and 2 milestone rings, vile cape.

This is also good. More offhand rating for dread and lotus weapons.
    http://goo.gl/WMywex
    Last edited by CueQue; 29th November 2013 at 08:53.

Default Rotation

Back again ... testing so much last days, getting a little bit weired and mad now

So I tried and tried and tried again. Big problem for me - I'm stucked in my rotation and too rusty to change all my fingerroutine. Playing the sin for five years now and everytime I log in, my fingers do exactly the same what they do since the beginning.

Just figured out, that I now can reach about 1.920 dps against strawman with my all time rotation. But then again the question for rotation raised again (see other thread about raiding) and so I started to analyse, why I am not able to do more damage. I took the log from Mathieulombardi and compared this one with my logs. Mathieulombardi has much more different damage sources then mine and this gave me the hint for changing rotation.

For me ... and maybe other sins ... the rotation is stucked into: GC -> Bomb -> SSX with FS before finisher -> SDS -> Dart -> SSIV -> SSX ... something like this with some filler here and there and pushing damage via Liberation, Overdose or something like this.

So I tried to forget all my automatic fingertapping, deleted all keybindings and started again with more different combinations using Grave's and more SDS and SS-variations.

Maybe some other sins may explain their rotation. I will now try to forget about mine and give feedback, when I reached better results.
    KlingenBruderschaft

SDS "dart", GC "bomb", SS9, "face stab", SS8, SDS, SS9, "Face stab",

Rince and repeat.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

It's not enough to hit 2K with this rotation ... against strawman.

Just to explain why I overtest this all: Saying that any skilled sin can reach 1.6-1.8k against strawman with blue gear is what I want to prove to be true (or not).

So first of all I try to optimize rotation - then I will put my "blues" on and see again what happens.

I play my sin since five years now ... ever thought I am a skilled player (pve-wise) - but maybe I'm not if I cannot reach 1.6-1.8k against a stupid strawie in OT
    KlingenBruderschaft

Thing is, those builds used to reach 2k at strawman a quite useless in raids. they dont use any minus hate which will lead to massiv aggro problems in raids and even groups. Why should i even consider dps with such builds i cant really use?

i see such sins, they wait until they start, the parser shows nice dps numbers but the damage done is why lower then from sins which could start right after the tanks. the fight takes longer, even with higher dps because they have to wait. DPS is nothing when the overall damage done is lower to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Thing is, those builds used to reach 2k at strawman a quite useless in raids. they dont use any minus hate which will lead to massiv aggro problems in raids and even groups. Why should i even consider dps with such builds i cant really use.
    This is simply not true.Just mind agro resets and you have enough agro management for everything with CoD,lotus pollen and spirit of nightfall.

As I said some posts above - this is only for me and testing against strawman. In raids and groups it's sure that I don't use any "max-dps-forget-all" builds. I often use my "general-s**t-the-ripper" build and give support via -hate for group. But when I'm fighting in a group where some of my guildmates are tanking (some special tali-DT or our T4 guard) ... when I know they CAN handle me - I give all and as we sometimes say: No need for tanking and healing - let's dps him down

@Shink: Thx again - got 1.990 last try It's getting better.

Edit: And in raids or groups you can reach more than 2K with -hate builds because of buffs, debuffs and special mobs/bosses getting more damage via melee or magic vulnerability.
    Last edited by Argaron; 17th December 2013 at 13:28.
    KlingenBruderschaft

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast