Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Tower: Anoki

Default Iron Tower: Anoki

So, they modified Iron Tower... you can't skip Anoki anymore (the hardest fight in there for new groups). I tried going in on my fresh 80 guardian with some fresh 80's in T1's and khitai blues. It was impossible.

Our setup:

1 Guardian
    1 DT
    1 PoM
    1 Necro
    1 HoX
    1 Ranger

Fairly decent setup, but it's impossible to get the girls down in time after they appear. Maybe with a demo it would've been possible (AoE bursts in beginning) but even still we had like 1 girl at full health. My suggestion: People usually just skip Anoki. Now that they made it so it's impossible to skip her (a barricade appears), they should lower the HP of the girls drastically for new players.

UNCHAINED IronTower...is a TOTALLY different matter... you should have Vistrix come down and blast us all at once then have Anoki dopplegangers instead of the girls, or something similarily insane. But this isn't Unchained, it's Iron Tower a good dungeon for new people. Anyhow, my two cents.

I'm sorry but this cant even be true, with that group composition you should be able to kill adds with everyone in old world blues. You know, like we did before RoTGS.

This fight does in no way need nerf, for your group i suggest educating your players as it is not advanced to get enough dps for that.

Lets start with the obvious, was the pom and necro spellweaving?

Was the necro using the right pets?

Was the guard and the dt in frenzy?

Did the hox use HfB and PoIF while they was gathered in the middle?

Was the ranger afk?
    I am Stian ingame...

He's whining about Iron Tower now? A guy who claims to be raiding T4 is bitching about preRotGS content? Holy ****.
    Last edited by cins; 27th October 2013 at 14:33.

I knew this would happen. People I've discovered are entirely one sided creatures, they can only see things from their perspective and not in the eyes of a bunch of dinged 80's.

They were probably all charmed the entire time. I am convinced that dungeon has the hardest bosses in the game. Rather sad you need to complain about this dungeon. Gear does not equal skill.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Obviously the issue is you had a guardian in your group, only DT's and Conqs should be tanking, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Obviously the issue is you had a guardian in your group, only DT's and Conqs should be tanking, correct?
    Although, I know you said this in sarcasm. The real sad thing is , I did this on my tigers/ibis geared DT and we did manage to down all the girls all in one go(not the 5 wipes we had with guardian). When you've got 5 other players on your team (with only 4 others probably pumping out the serious DPS) the gimp guard DPS really becomes noticeable. Had I done this on valiant I can probably solo it. Anyhow, don't turn this into a DT op thread, this is about a cool new player dungeon being out of reach for recently dinged 80's.

You could have done it old school way too. Bubble up before the one shot AE comes and kite Anoki till the others run back up. When IT was released that's how we ended up doing it very often.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I was there the day Iron Tower launched and I took a random group of people clad in leveling greens and blues who had no idea what was waiting for us off of global. For new arrivals, that means no AA, no Khitai gear with stupid crits, no crazy class revamps that ramped up every damn thing and even the hardcore raiders were in T2 with a few bits of T3 back then (either Keeper was still bugged unkillable or T3 hadn't even opened yet, I'm not entirely clear). Anoki was pretty managable once we figured out not to stand inside the giant pink magic (then ofc Desumo pwned us but that's irrelevant).

If any group can't manage Anoki today, the problem lies with the group and not the place.

Cins, how can you be sure they just added a barricade but left both global combat formulas AND the mobs stats alone during that?

It would not be the first example of "adjusting" things in the background.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast