Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Halloween event has a level requirement?

Default New Halloween event has a level requirement?

Does it seriously have a level requirement? For a holiday quest event? I get no quest from the npc in Conarch on a character in the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin1882 View Post
    Does it seriously have a level requirement? For a holiday quest event? I get no quest from the npc in Conarch on a character in the 20's.
    like the announcement says. It starts from a claim item. claim it.
    The big YOU HAVE CLAIM ITEMS AVAILABLE is also a giveaway.

You can apprentice up to do the quest no problem.

The claims one is the old quest: I heard that the new 2013 quest is for lvl 40 and above. But if you have a higher level character, you can trade the suspicious crate to the lower one. You won't get the werewolf cloak though from finishing the main quest in FOTD.

2013 quest npc is in the trader enclave in north part of conarcht.

Since the new event requires you kill 30 mobs in the Fields of the Dead, you have to be at least level 40.
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The claims one is the old quest: I heard that the new 2013 quest is for lvl 40 and above. But if you have a higher level character, you can trade the suspicious crate to the lower one. You won't get the werewolf cloak though from finishing the main quest in FOTD.

2013 quest npc is in the trader enclave in north part of conarcht.
    Is it possible to find someone lvl 40+ that could apprentice me? Would I be able to accept the quest from Ulfheoinn then? Or does apprenticing not work like that? (I'm assuming it doesn't).

I'm new and my highest is only lvl 25. I was really looking forward to the Halloween quests (and the Halloween themed rewards) as its my favorite time of year and really the only holiday events in MMO's I'm ever that interested in. I (and the couple friends who came to the game with me) was looking forward to participating in this ever since I read about it in the game director's letter a few weeks ago, it sounded like a pretty interesting new quest event. And there was absolutely no mention of a level requirement from any of the multiple announcements I read. Honestly, who would ever suspect a holiday quest event of having a level requirement anyway?

I don't understand what the logic is of locking out their new player base from a new holiday main quest event that was advertised and had e-mails sent out for and was presented as something the whole community could participate in... and could easily be designed to scale to level so everyone could be challenged by it and enjoy the new holiday content, regardless of their level.

I've played MMO's for a long time and I totally understand the need for higher level content... but I don't think this situation applies at all. Especially considering how the new quest event was presented---as something that everyone could enjoy. It's a real great way for Funcom to tell their new players... they aren't welcome here at all and should get lost. Or do the game devs simply think that no one left on this game is under lvl 40 and this game has no new players?

I'm sure I'm not the only new player out there who's quite disappointed by this. (If there are any others out there who don't power level...)

I also can't even do the old quests from the claim event (assuming they don't have some crazy level requirement as well) since my claim item bugged and gave me no quest and then vanished. Already petitioned it for what good it'll do...

So yeah, that's all I got to say about it really. Apologies for the pointless rant but I felt like something needed to be said about this.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

It's pretty simple. This game hates new players. All efforts are focussed toward creating more stuff for obsessive-compulsives to grind forever for.

Welcome to the wonderful world of barriers to entry. You're going to see a whole lot of those.

(And yes, it stinks but the vets here will piss and moan and cry about anyone having access to content that they "worked for" by which they mean they did same damn thing four million times in a row. Dumb design and financial self-harming. The legacy of Craig Morrison).
    shoryuken

ehh? You will get from lvl 25 to 40 faster than you can say "Aye!", and that's without lame powerlevelling. just keep questing.

And if you group with a friend on the same lvl as you it goes even faster
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

No, you won't. Unless you play like a vet, buy double XP potions and catass through everything at top speed.

It's not as bad as some MMOs for just levelling but for the casual player to go from 25 - 40 based on maybe 4-6 hours per week? Two or three weeks.

This is fair enough in MMO terms. It's when you get to 80 and find stuff that would take the casual player on 4-6 hours per week upwards of three years that you realize why there are no casual subscribers.

I can only assume that Silirrion felt their money was somehow inferior.
    shoryuken

Just buy the chest from other players, and you will get the reward. If you have a level-eighty character, get the chests and send them to your low-level characters.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    It's pretty simple. This game hates new players. All efforts are focussed toward creating more stuff for obsessive-compulsives to grind forever for.

Welcome to the wonderful world of barriers to entry. You're going to see a whole lot of those.

(And yes, it stinks but the vets here will piss and moan and cry about anyone having access to content that they "worked for" by which they mean they did same damn thing four million times in a row. Dumb design and financial self-harming. The legacy of Craig Morrison).
    This game not hate the new players, why peoples need continue throw **** on this game and the funcom? The game have problems but people can not see them, although continuanod to cry to pull **** out of everything (even where there is no need.
    For first, it's not a bug if in claim you have old halloween letter. If you are a new player you DO the old quest, i done a check rolling one alt, get the claim and letter gived me the quest if you are new for you is new that questo so ... where is the problem?
    The game think of the new, if i remember how was hard a time try to gear yourself. +1AA for level (at level80 you have 82 AA i remember me start to 0), raids will gift you 1 relic for everyboss give you weapons (lol years ago also collect T2 was hard i remember done a lot of pug for not win nothing T2) now for do one exaple 3 relic T1 = one less item, there are 3 raids T1 if one player with a minimum of initiative organize one run (T1 is easy to organize simple read tactic) and holds a relic reserved for himself gain 3 relics as gift + 3 relics reserved = 6 relics this means that if you have not won anything in 3 raids, an item, not a relic (highly unlikely) you can go instantly to buy 2 item raid minor or a large one like the chest, we want to talk about the gain of rares in NM? these features seem to me all dedicated to new players and / or new characters.
    I repeat if one player is new and under lv40 can buy the chest or simple do the old quest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast