Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The crawling chaos last boss

Default The crawling chaos last boss

Alright, a little QQ thread out of my frustration.
    Long ago, i did the crawling chaos questchain on my assasin together with a friend, but when we got to the last boss i was unable to deafeat it. I barely killed the 2nd phase ads, while my friend ( a pom) did it easilly. After about 30 tries, i gave up and rage quitted which is very rare.

Yesturday, i noticed that i had the "dead bird" in my bank, and wanted to complete the both quests. However, the results were the same. The best i could do was 45% because i was lucky with the aoe. I gave up after 20 tries and decided to do the questchain on my dt instead, where i didn't even bother to move out of the aoe while nuking the boss in frenzy stance, i lost almost no hp.

My dt has few epics, while my sin has full khitai gear. I know that sins are squishy, but this quest is near impossible to complete as a cloth class.
    I now want you to discuss how you did it and what i can improve.

Mixed gear 8k hp 490 dps, i used green food and blue hp pots. Used a typical pvp specc.

Been a long time since i did it so i don't remember that many details but here goes anyway.Had some trouble at start but don't remember that much hassle.From what i remember take a bit of care on the order you kill 2nd phase adds to get the best out of it ,altar helps a bit too and dull pain is your friend.

I remember doing this on my good geared assassin and it gave me some troubles. I don't know what the intended mechanic is, but I used Sixth Con Khitai pet (100% fatality chance) to just chain fatality the low HP ones (you don't get damage during animation).

The last ones I just tanked with avatar of death.

My specc:

http://goo.gl/ZmIBG

If you stack avatar + kidney shots + liberation you will leech absurd amounts of health from your target.

You might also want to get a 1g health pot for this (or just buy them with khitai esteem tokens).
    Retired

Took me also some tries to figure out how to do it on my ssin. I used some surival gear and my PVP spec (with Avatar of Death) to be able to handle this. Acutally the adds gave me the most troubles and after they were dead I basically just smashed the boss to smithereens while using those three corpses as offtanks.

I would suggest using some surivaval stuff (like Thoth cloak) and I think you should be able to handle the boss. But key is to have those adds take aggro for a while to give you time to relax for a couple of seconds .

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it!
    Last edited by Maark; 22nd October 2013 at 11:15.
    Retired

What do you mean with corpses and altar?
    Also, the combat log tells me everything is physichal damage, the aoe, the 2nd phase spell, i used dull pain the 1st time i tried it, but didnt bother this time because i need the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrook96 View Post
    What do you mean with corpses and altar?
    Those three adds that takes a bit longer to kill can be used as your off tanks for a bit. Stian made a nice video of this whole quest chain. Here is tje link that is fast forwarded to the last boss fight (from BS perspective tho but shows the basics):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Elc...ailpage#t=2780
    Retired

It is way harder with a HoX ^^ As a sin, i killed first one easily by standing near before they were active and going to the second with From the Darkness/dww (instant kill ! Hopefully fatality) so you remove asap their damage.

Like -Shink- said, Dull Pain works well as it works on Poison damage. I don't remember if the boss crit, tho, but maybe try to grab LO for free total immunity to spells.

And yep, you can stack more constitution, as you have already tons of dps.

So i read: it is possible as sin,

IF you have the right survival gear combination
    IF you have the right build for the encounter
    IF you have good latency and extra tools from khitai...

while other classes can do just fine with random gears and builds.

If that is not a design flaw for a SOLO encounter, what is?

So, question to those who had trouble with sin, ranger, hox etc.:
    What tweak would make it doable without reducing the challenge for others or yourself too much?

Add abit more hp to the boss, but reduce his damage by alot would fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    So i read: it is possible as sin,

IF you have the right survival gear combination
    IF you have the right build for the encounter
    IF you have good latency and extra tools from khitai...

while other classes can do just fine with random gears and builds.

If that is not a design flaw for a SOLO encounter, what is?

So, question to those who had trouble with sin, ranger, hox etc.:
    What tweak would make it doable without reducing the challenge for others or yourself too much?
    You are misunderstanding i think.

If you have any decent gear around t2/t3/khitai lvl(Do remember when this came out ,you are not supposed to go and trample it in steelsilk set.

If you have any decent solo build that enables you to solo effectively instead having to run all the time if you mess up any minor detail.So that would include Avatar,maybe BtB for some extra debuffing,maybe relish in death and some survival stuff from lotus tree.Nothing too fancy now ,eh ?

Good latency...lets not open the can of worms completely now,shall we?

As for khitai tools,like that pet,they are not needed at all but can be helpful.

And finally most of the troubles come from the fact that you may die fast while you trying to figure stuff out the first time(s) you do the encounter.

And i seem to recall this class as far as pve goes is supposed to be a clothie single target glass cannon that has to pay attention to stuff and choose it's moves wisely (i bet the pvp crowd is laughing to death by now) which now-days does not hold entirely true so yeah you might have it harder than other classes do and that's fine.

*Awaiting to be bashed for being elitist,hating new undergeared toons etc*
    Last edited by -Shink-; 22nd October 2013 at 16:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast