Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Spotlight

tbh, if this is brought back please don't give any attention to trolls etc... its just going to make them shout more.

Personally, I don't miss that feature. Remember that activities like that take time which can be spent on other more productive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Personally, I don't miss that feature. Remember that activities like that take time which can be spent on other more productive issues.
    They send the player a questionnaire ; FUNCOM rep reviews response for quality assurance and post into an easily exportable format ~ no dev interaction needed . Putting it on their site would speak volumes on customer interaction and motivate/inspire players to get to a position where they could possibly be spotlighted.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

This would be nice.

Player spotlight to Muffassassin

I don't think funcom would promote a player who has caused them to loose as many players as I have. Might cause an out-rage within certain groups who are not fond of me.

Also I vote for Jargeren. The Ninja gaurd.

[Jargeren]: hey man, i was thinking about making a ninja guard
    [Jargeren]: suiting up in cloth with high dex and evasion. think it's possible?
    [Jargeren]: where are the brital blade merchants?
    Last edited by Muffz; 22nd October 2013 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Totally agree on this. Would be very nice to place the spotlight on players like Vehl, Shahir and Johara who does a lot for the community.
    Actually, they got me as a starter for their "spotlight" thing back in 2011
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/playe...ight_nwardezir
    ◄ Shahir ● AssassinGuild Destiny on CromStonerune UIRaid Loot Tables
    Account cancelled - waiting for new raid content to defeat.

Stonerune : "Great UI for the most part, the only major drawback is that the author is an asshat."

Well, great idea to re-animate this community-project.

But, well: why do we need an official page for that?

As we don´t have a CM anymore for those purposes, I would encourage the community himself to set up a forum thread for this. When I compared the English and the german player spotlights I found out, that the questions were always the same. So these questions could be the guidelines for every player wo wants to introduce himself. I can imagine that forum posts like “introduce yourself” were ignored and neglected by the players, because there a no rules, no guidelines and there is discussion!

IMHO it should work like this:
    A mod creates a thread “Player Spotlight” and make it sticky. The first post from the mod tells you what to do and what not to do. He lists all those questions from the “spotlight” for copy&paste. In this thread everyone is allowed to write ONE post, using the guidelines and the questions from the first post.

What to do:
    -copy the questions from the first post and paste them into your post
    -only create one single post with the questions and answer them directly under the questions
    -write in readable font and style
    -put into up to three pictures of your character

What not to do:
    -don’t answer questions that are not asked in post 1
    -discussing others spotlights
    -write more then one post
    -flame about guilds or other people in your post (e.g. “I left guild xyz because their leader sucks” is forbidden)
    -put more then 3 pictures into the post to prevent a picture stream
    -pictures are only allowed to show the character in a proper environment, not to use them to direct the view to things in background (e.g. screenshots from Raids with other characters on it are not allowed, but you are allowed to show pictures of your different clothing-styles or locations where you are alone at Thoth Amons throne)

Posts which don’t refer to the guidelines should be reported and deleted, so that we get a pretty nice collection of players. In some forums you are allowed to post pictures directly into the thread, but I don´t know whether this would be useful when I think about the size of pictures.

Then we need a second thread where people can discuss the spotlights, ask questions and so on.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12