Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teamwork op

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Pretty much a valid point in AoC lol. I used to troll a lot in global to make people rage so they would engage in open world pvp. In mini's though I turn on my combat log only so I don't even have to read group chat when people start crying.
    Hell no. Not valid at all.

Sure raging on people for mistakes don't solve problems, NOSHIT, but this isn't lol.

We don't start in the beginning of the game with the same baselin. No matter what kind of teamwork to solve noob issues, no pvp 2-5 can stack up against my pvp 10s. Then there's the t4 imbalance, then there's the class imbalance, then there's the range on range favoured maps and healer distrubution imbalance, then there's the general issue of most pvper's haven't open world pvp'd and or premaded in minis to know the chess work of the game.

Basically what jich said.
    Last edited by Mathieulombardi; 19th October 2013 at 05:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    This hardly can apply to aoc.

Team work should be more than obvious by now in any game. Teamwork has been promoted to us in our daily lives, jobs, sports, schools etc.

However, it does no work in age of conan. Especially in PUGs. It dose not take into account player skill/awareness/experience/"GEAR"AA"/Class Balance "TEAM BALANCE"

The entire game of AOC is so flawed and out of balance that to have any sense of teamwork in a pug is nearly impossible. Unless you happen to get lucky and get to sign up with few of your friends, or have a few like minded and actual decent players on your team.

This game you can't carry anyone. Even 1v1 is not balanced never mind group vs group.

Team work can exists, but it is very rare. Luck plays too much of a factor. The team balancing also plays a factor. Who you end up on your team, etc.

For Christ sake this is the only game where you can't sign up with your friends to group together and mini... Think about that.

This game is not so simple as LoL.
    I want you to understand that this is what you actually wrote in so many different levels.

World dosent need water
    the lands are dry
    people are thirsty
    what we need is water

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    I want you to understand that this is what you actually wrote in so many different levels.

World dosent need water
    the lands are dry
    people are thirsty
    what we need is water
    He never said the game didn't need teamwork

Just that it only happens rarely due to the game mechanics
    (PUG SYSTEM)

How are you ever gonna get teamwork in PUGS when you have

- K/D Whores
    - Trolls In stealth
    - Flagbots
    - Noobs
    - Baddies

99% of the time you get one of these on your team

Sometimes its 1 of each lol

Good Luck bringing that team together

Premade if you want Teamwork

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    How are you ever gonna get teamwork in PUGS when you have

- K/D Whores
    - Trolls In stealth
    - Flagbots
    - Noobs
    - Baddies

99% of the time you get one of these on your team
    Well in most PUG-Minis it is not necessary to have all 6 work together all the time.
    In many minis it can make a huge difference already when half the team works together well, which is the point behind Hyen's post i guess.
    I agree that sometimes its impossible because the team-setups are pretty bad (2 Necs+2Heal on one side, all squishy melees, no heal on other side), but in many minigames it's actually up to you, who realizes the team could do better, to at least try getting them together.
    It can make a huge difference if you just post "c'mon guys, we can do this, all group up @point XX, focus their XX" in teamchat and see if the team reacts. It's been several times already when a call for more focus on staying together or protecting someone crucial to the team brought a scattered bunch together and turn a game.
    Yes, this is getting more rare everday, but that's because we let it fade, not because it does by itself.
    Since most discussions in teamchat nowadays rather sound like"OMG FCKING N00Bs! FFS! <xx has left the Game>" its no wonder that this wont work anymore. On Crom it's even worse, I've seen full teams hug the rez after a single wipe several times over...this really makes one wonder why they signed up in the first place.

And as you went to bash the baddies, noobs and flagbots...I agree that i myself am cursing them sometimes too, getting mad on teamspeak or whatever, but on the other hand I've also seen lots of games where those baddies tried to support me or the flag more than the so-called pro's did -just through simply trying to CC or whatever.

I've won more games with my team supporting one of those "flagbot-baddie-noobs" like patto (no offense) than i have won with some K/D-whoring pvp10 guardians/DTs/c-conqs so far.
    Because they never stop trying, even if this pisses me off sometimes when it's already 0-2, third flag already picked and team pinned to the pad since the beginning of the match and THEN someone like him picks up the enemy flag again and again and again i still gotta give him credit for never giving up, when all the self-elected pro's (me not always excluded) already hug the rez in hide.

@Sidar: thx for sharing
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 22nd October 2013 at 14:45.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well in most PUG-Minis it is not necessary to have all 6 work together all the time.
    In many minis it can make a huge difference already when half the team works together well, which is the point behind Hyen's post i guess.
    I agree that sometimes its impossible because the team-setups are pretty bad (2 Necs+2Heal on one side, all squishy melees, no heal on other side), but in many minigames it's actually up to you, who realizes the team could do better, to at least try getting them together.
    It can make a huge difference if you just post "c'mon guys, we can do this, all group up @point XX, focus their XX" in teamchat and see if the team reacts. It's been several times already when a call for more focus on staying together or protecting someone crucial to the team brought a scattered bunch together and turn a game.
    Yes, this is getting more rare everday, but that's because we let it fade, not because it does by itself.
    Since most discussions in teamchat nowadays rather sound like"OMG FCKING N00Bs! FFS! <xx has left the Game>" its no wonder that this wont work anymore. On Crom it's even worse, I've seen full teams hug the rez after a single wipe several times over...this really makes one wonder why they signed up in the first place.

And as you went to bash the baddies, noobs and flagbots...I agree that i myself am cursing them sometimes too, getting mad on teamspeak or whatever, but on the other hand I've also seen lots of games where those baddies tried to support me or the flag more than the so-called pro's did -just through simply trying to CC or whatever.

I've won more games with my team supporting one of those "flagbot-baddie-noobs" like patto (no offense) than i have won with some K/D-whoring pvp10 guardians/DTs/c-conqs so far.
    Because they never stop trying, even if this pisses me off sometimes when it's already 0-2, third flag already picked and team pinned to the pad since the beginning of the match and THEN someone like him picks up the enemy flag again and again and again i still gotta give him credit for never giving up, when all the self-elected pro's (me not always excluded) already hug the rez in hide.

@Sidar: thx for sharing
    Never meant to bash them, just simply listing examples of team makeup persona-wise

I didn't even wanna include the class and gear imbalances
    and the matchmaking that only a troll could have designed.....

(Whats with the team that has no healer vs the t4 necro?)

I agree the whole point of this thread was for PUG pvpers to work together better, but I just wanted to mention an Alternative to these pugs Via Tourney Mode Where TEAMWORK still exist.

Sometimes half do work well.

Problem is, you don't even get half anymore. Now adays its guaranteed 99% trash. Its rare to have someone good on the team "THATS willing to work with you" etc.

I really dislike u spart, please shuutupp

Quote Originally Posted by Allandir View Post
    I really dislike u spart, please shuutupp
    Yep dislike someone who does not share your views or opinion. Typical

Is a good player a person who makes you win with objective, or a person who gets the most kills?

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Is a good player a person who makes you win with objective, or a person who gets the most kills?
    That makes you win the objectives, still gets loads of kills, doesn't flame his team mates 24/7, doesn't give up uphill battles, looks at his map and helps team mates. That's a good player !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast