Thread: Best way to act while waiting for a agro change.

Default Best way to act while waiting for a agro change.

Hi, which do you thing is the best way to do when you are below 50% of health and you want to lose agro?

I usually stop hitting, change to secondary weapons (if they have morr mitigation) and wait. But I always doubt if it will be better keep hitting with some low combo for the health tab or use blood pact or even seal of chaos+ pots.

What do you think?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Ask the other tank to use Goad + Irriate and do some other taunts as well. If you stop hitting, you'll just go down quicker. If you absolutely has to stop hitting, doubletapping for evade/immunity works.

I usually continue to do combos and tell the other tanks to use a hard spot or pop a DS.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

You're not waiting for aggro change, you let it go when you want or you tank it all way long. In pugs you tank till you're dead or others goad off. In guild raids good tanks should know their co-tanks capabilities and act accordingly.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I lighten up my rotation a bit, hoping other tank will soon catch up or goad the boss. But most of the times I'm co-tanking with conqs(in dungeons) and we both basicly go full on and see how it goes from there...
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Most of the above posters are correct. If with a conq I usually go all out DPS and they can keep up usually (holdback on aoe aggro and irritate of course) if with another DT have them pop a dread. It's very hard trying to dumbdown my aggro when tanking with a guard, in such a case I would switch specs or remove some crit gear but you obviously won't get optimal dps going this way.

As a conq, i peform my debuffs. Low damage and little aggro.
    On guard i just jump or stand still.
    On dt, i do my hp tap and mana tap combos so i can take aggro back with full hp.

I guess it depends on how fast you are going down and how frequently aggro has been trading. Sometimes you can just grit your teeth and hope for a crit and tap back up to full, and likewise if you are moving back and forth in aggro you might be able to let go comfortably by not taunting/slowing DPS/stopping. But if you feel you are miles ahead and you are dying too fast, ask for a Forced Engage or Goad.

I don't think there's one simple solution, it depends on the situation.