Thread: remove the respawn timer

Default remove the respawn timer

Out of all the stupid things the person we shall not name did against pvp, you know bori, pvp levels and gear, 1.5, etc., that has to be one of the quickest ways to irritate and make people rage. You have to wait 15 seconds AS YOU WATCH your team get destroyed, helpless to do anything.

People that do not pvp came up with this crap, and we still have to roll around in it. Can it be removed asap???!!!

JOEL????????????????????????????????????

yea agree, worst thing is to die when timer at 1 secend and u dont manage to press it enough fast and need to wait 16 sec...

i really wonder if anyone who work for funcom ever even tried pvp in aoc, has JOEL even tested it? sure he can say it, but that dosen't prove a ****,

best thing is when ex game director / joel sais "see u on the battlefield"

seriously?
    The Law

see u on the battlefield.. in 14..13..12..

BUT

while mentioning battlefield, iirc Battlefield series got the exact same respawn timer (15s) by default, so he is actually right
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Respawn timer works well when there are enemies farming in spawn AND
    there are at least as many friendlies as there are enemies waiting to respawn. This almost never happens outside of Jhebbal Sag.

In Capture the Skull minis, the respawn timer penalizes randomly in games where both teams fight for win and having as many players in action as possible really counts. Sometimes it can seem as one team gets respawn timer > 10s constantly while the other team gets just 3s. It's random of course but some games are decided within only a handful of deaths, and within that number there is room for statistical aberrations produced by randomness.

The only thing that respawn timer did was to prolong one-sided minigames, giving the team with the upper hand more opportunity to farm kills. In my opinion the amount of even, fighting-to-the-last-minute minigames are just as rare as before.

Also, the respawn timer system handles lag/fatalities really poorly, often you get dual deaths (and kills?) where you die, respawn, continue dying animation and have to wait 15s more to respawn a second time.

Player base wants faster paced pvp combat, not slower...
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

The spawn mechanic was implemented so that it made it harder for a team to turtle with the flag...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Since 90% of the fighting in minis is spent 5m away from the rezpad i enjoy this mechanic that leaves you a few extra seconds before the dead guy respawns and comes back at you full health.

I hate fighting near a rezpad when the guy you killed just rez back instantly and preloads a grim corruption in the air protected by SotR and sticks you a bomb before you can do anything.

I'd rather have a diffrent systeme where rezpads are in a Kun Whu abyss kind of set where you need a 10sec run to a portal to be back on the battlefield. But i definetely hated the infinite rezpawn mechanics we had before. Fights are so boring when killing ennemies doesn't cripple the team the slightest.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Since 90% of the fighting in minis is spent 5m away from the rezpad i enjoy this mechanic that leaves you a few extra seconds before the dead guy respawns and comes back at you full health.

I hate fighting near a rezpad when the guy you killed just rez back instantly and preloads a grim corruption in the air protected by SotR and sticks you a bomb before you can do anything.

I'd rather have a diffrent systeme where rezpads are in a Kun Whu abyss kind of set where you need a 10sec run to a portal to be back on the battlefield. But i definetely hated the infinite rezpawn mechanics we had before. Fights are so boring when killing ennemies doesn't cripple the team the slightest.

Why are you camping the rez pad, and waiting for the guy to come back and kill you? Kill and move on? Why do you want anyone to slow down or wait for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Why are you camping the rez pad, and waiting for the guy to come back and kill you? Kill and move on? Why do you want anyone to slow down or wait for pvp?
    Maybe they are with flag on rezz, you know that kind of happen often. I know vehl is not rezz camper but often one team pulls back and fight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Out of all the stupid things the person we shall not name did against pvp, you know bori, pvp levels and gear, 1.5, etc., that has to be one of the quickest ways to irritate and make people rage. You have to wait 15 seconds AS YOU WATCH your team get destroyed, helpless to do anything.

People that do not pvp came up with this crap, and we still have to roll around in it. Can it be removed asap???!!!

JOEL????????????????????????????????????
    some things i dont bother to mention...
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack