Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

Oh, this thread. Ahoy, old friend!

If Funcom allowed us to help in the development of new content... *sigh* Nothing fancy, no new raids with broken bosses or unbalanced loot. Just let us draw some new outdoor maps with existing mobs, maybe some quests with Kithai style rewards.

Neverwinter Nights, for example, was/is kept alive far, far beyond its "normal" lifespan by player generated content. And man, there was some great stuff out there. In the shooter genre, community generated maps are pretty popular, too.

There are some things that needed to be worked at, but I cannot think of anything there that couldn't be solved quite easily.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Oh, this thread. Ahoy, old friend!

If Funcom allowed us to help in the development of new content... *sigh* Nothing fancy, no new raids with broken bosses or unbalanced loot. Just let us draw some new outdoor maps with existing mobs, maybe some quests with Kithai style rewards.

Neverwinter Nights, for example, was/is kept alive far, far beyond its "normal" lifespan by player generated content. And man, there was some great stuff out there. In the shooter genre, community generated maps are pretty popular, too.

There are some things that needed to be worked at, but I cannot think of anything there that couldn't be solved quite easily.
    Knowing our community the only thing you would see on the new maps would be chests. And one spot with waves of minions for powerlvl
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    It was in the Your Voice questions thread here

He mentions there that, in theory, they could ask for players to finance future development via the item store. But they had no concrete plans back then. Not sure whether that will change with Legend of Conan.
    Complete out-on-a-wing judgement here, but I think 'the new guy' they hired was paid for by the three games store purchases? And you'd be nuts NOT put anything and everything in that store if people were throwing money at it (personally, the prices they are asking for some of the ridiculous things like the original and overly shiney desert pony (camels) is beyond me!)

I've been tempted more than once (okay, more like a thousand) to buy that big expensive pack of crates for no reason other than suspense (and not the depression after getting crepe), and I like a bet like the next bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Knowing our community the only thing you would see on the new maps would be chests. And one spot with waves of minions for powerlvl
    And all the NPCs would be naked. Everywhere.

Default T5 needs to come out asap

T5 needs to come out ASAP, game is bleeding at alarming rate, most of the big guilds cant make their normal raids, and most of the players have not left because they dislike the game they left because there is just no more content for them, 2 years of T4 raids all toons maxed, leaves little reason for them to play.

If funcom wants to keep some playerbase left then T5 needs to come asap and T6 needs to be worked on right after it since the strategy to bring out new Tier, then wait 2 years until all the player base is gone before working on new tier and praying that the players will come back is a fail strategy.

There need to be new tiers, teasers and other things to keep player base healthy.

Many of us are your loyal customers who will stay here for long long time if there is something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by notkatla View Post
    T5 needs to come out ASAP, game is bleeding at alarming rate, most of the big guilds cant make their normal raids, and most of the players have not left because they dislike the game they left because there is just no more content for them, 2 years of T4 raids all toons maxed, leaves little reason for them to play.

If funcom wants to keep some playerbase left then T5 needs to come asap and T6 needs to be worked on right after it since the strategy to bring out new Tier, then wait 2 years until all the player base is gone before working on new tier and praying that the players will come back is a fail strategy.

There need to be new tiers, teasers and other things to keep player base healthy.

Many of us are your loyal customers who will stay here for long long time if there is something to do.
    I agree that T5 really needs to come out soon.

While I'm sort of meh on the revamped T1 bosses, anything would be welcome at this point.

Also, it would be nice if Funcom could post some pics of the inside of Palace of Cetriss, including bosses. That way people can get some excitement even if it takes a few more months.

Meh, pics of the boss, will you be still excited after they spoiled the boss appearence and location ? Not me, imagine what if they done that for MC or Entity.

T5 will come when it's done, not before. Rushed and broken content are far worst than delayed ones on the result population-wise. Also, i don't think it will save anything population-wise, satisfying the less-than-5% of the population only is never a good move.

As for an expansion, forget it, even DLC/adventures packs are irrealistic. This game is now only small updates over small updates. I'm fine with it as long as they are not delayed.
    Last edited by Bibik; 24th July 2014 at 17:18.

New expansion adventure packs in AoC are now just merely the yearning desires of we the actual AoC players / subscribers y'all.

I do not see, how new content could not be financially doable and give revenue. Adding stuff to games with existing playerbase seems more logical to me than investing a shitload in other risky venues or new games with big hype and strange target group.
    And when you go for smaller games with low dev cost and small target groups anyway, why does this rule out new things for your MMOs? Aren't the older ones fitting in this category per definition? Infrastructure, resources and editors are all there (low dev cost) and the target group is known. When it comes to AoC you even have a huge pool of already written stories and existing scenarios you just need to implement.

Because a new mmo launch means an influx of a big crowd of new players. They might not stick around but the profit they provide in the first few months is a lot more than what you get when adding new expacs to an old game.

That said it's not completely meaningless to add expacs to old games only IF you have a healthy pop and want to retain that pop keeping them from going somewhere else kinda like WoW few years back BUT for all the reasons we know (overhype and rushed release) AoC has already bled out that major pop it had years before and FC is now keeping the servers up with slow mini additions, therefore doesn't make financial sense to pour a lot of resources in to keep like 10 or under 10 raiding guilds from fleeing to other games? These ppl are the thick skinned hardcore aoc fans (I am one of them also) that will not sway to any new mmo that easily.

The part you said that the resources devs/tool are already there so why not do an expac it'll not be expensive with existant stuff.

Actually FC resources are spread very thin atm and number of ppl working on aoc equals to a life support situation not more. A new expac requires HUGE amount of resources lots more than you think of, something FC is not willing to bank on aoc atm.

Just to be clear tho we not getting lots of new stuff as fast as we want but I still commend FC for keeping the game up they could have shut it down like all money driven companies do to their games without blinking read NCSoft and EA. That's a plus in my book I still strongly resent NC for shutting down CoX.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast