Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

Khitai was obviously a eastern culture oriented expansion and although it was well executed in many ways, it just didn't fit the REH low fantasy setting.

Dragon Spine stuff isn't visually appealing either. Come back to AoC origins, bring us more of that good stuff. I'll pay for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    I absolutely hated Khitai for a long time for the silly music
    Well thats a matter of taste I guess. I personally cant get enough of it and I think the soundtrack is simply brilliant. Especially The Eternal Empire has that nice goosebump factor
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

[QUOTE=Thainster;2083474]I could not agree more... I absolutely hated Khitai for a long time for the silly music and the feeling of beeing in a cheap chinese restaurant...

"I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause..." I'm tired of getting that stuck in my head every time I go to Paikang.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Funcom could have all of my monies if they make a non-Asian khitai expansion.
    This, but 50% of my money!
    Khitai did not feel right after reading R. E. Howard.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Agreed. Anything other than chinese themed expansion will get my money. Four large chinese zones just start to get on your nerves, specially when you have to do repeating quests and you also want to enjoy the environment at the same time.

I would not spend money for an expansion that just put in more 6 man's or raids.

I would only spend money if new systems were introduced: revamped PvP sieges, PvE sieges, player housing, capital city sieges, revamped border kingdoms with open world pvp objectives like factions or towers, bounty hunter system, etc.

I would also consider purchasing story missions like TSW has if they were well developed with voice acting & cinematics.
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 17th January 2014 at 03:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpernickle View Post
    I would also consider purchasing story missions like TSW has if they were well developed with voice acting & cinematics.
    That would be awesome and well worth the money.

I would buy any and all expansions if they were about $15 each and included the following:

1. Roughly the size of a Khitai zone.
    2. Two warring factions
    3. One group instance
    4. One solo instance
    5. Trader

If I was planning it out, I'd set them at various stages of end game. One instance with mobs of level 81-82, another at 82-83, and then one at 84-85.

Top locations: zingara, Pictish Wilderness, and Kush. As with everyone - something western would be great.

Of course Id also love a new 73-76 zone to help fill in the gaps between kesh and commons.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

I would pay for any kind of AoC expansion, ofc would like to see the "old content" expanded but I would't mind something exotic like Black Kindoms too.

Unhappy

Pirate. Expansion. Ship-to-ship arbelest battles, boarding parties, custom NPC crews, party members as crew, a vast array of ship skins and types, faction based Privateering/PvP system...

And then I woke up from the lotus dream.
    Last edited by Maganothrom; 17th January 2014 at 18:52.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast