Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

1.) Would you be willing to spent money for brand new, expansion style content in Age of Conan (like Turan or Rise of the Godslayer)?
    YES

2.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Kithai (5 outdoor maps, about 20 solo/group dungeons, 1 huge raid dungeon, several new game concepts)?
    I would spent up to 50 Euro for a new Expansion. More with extra Playtime on Preorder.

3.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Turan (1 outdoor map, 3 solo/group dungeons, 1 medium raid dungeon, no new game concepts)?
    Since this would be not that much "long time" content i would rather spent 15 - 20 Euro.

A new Expansion would be nice and beside the payment for the box there would be the possibility of more/new subscriptions.

But i doubt if Funcom would take the risk.

Also the Idea of AoC 2.0 sounds nice^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rookni View Post
    What Funcom should do is a Age of Conan 2. With Joel in the driving seat. Experiences from both Age of Conan and the Secret World. All the new technologies available to them atm and with a Kickstarter where donators gets access to a development forum to help create the game.

That MMO would be ****ing epic. Funcom. Your PvE designers are amazing. So is your storywriters from TSW. Your PvP was ****ing fantastic back in the day. Just do this, take our money and make the MMO this industry needs!

To bad it will never happen
    Rookni, how am i going to process the fact that you are posting an actual comment with no sarcasm ???

(Totally agree.)
    "I am he, who the lord has chosen !... You snivelling boy... I AM THE THIRD REVELATION !"

Quote Originally Posted by Rookni View Post
    What Funcom should do is a Age of Conan 2. With Joel in the driving seat. Experiences from both Age of Conan and the Secret World. All the new technologies available to them atm and with a Kickstarter where donators gets access to a development forum to help create the game.

That MMO would be ****ing epic. Funcom. Your PvE designers are amazing. So is your storywriters from TSW. Your PvP was ****ing fantastic back in the day. Just do this, take our money and make the MMO this industry needs!

To bad it will never happen
    Rookni for president. I would throw my money at that for sure.
    Last edited by Warlock1863; 17th October 2013 at 19:04.
    Being a barbarian is a tough profession. You cut heads, drink loads of beer and eat piles of meat ........... and then when you come home you got to keep the wife happy as well (*sigh)

I can help out with names for the new expansion...
    Rise of the Chass
    Chass the dragon slayer
    Dirty mike and the gang(check it on youtube)
    Chass the assassin
    or I dunno:
    Age of Conan: -------

They can have my money if they release a new expansion.

I'm sick of Kithai, and I got it just 2 weeks ago...I really don't like the asia thing very much for this game.

And about AoC2...what would be incredible.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

I would absolutely buy a new expansion, unfortunately the market for an xpac is only the existing players so you are limiting your target audience.

So yes I would, £30/$50 for real xpac (normal AoC tho, not Khitai themed or grind) and £10/$20 for Turan sized.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Ahoy, fellow AoC players!

There's been a lot of discussion lately about new content, progression and so on. I'm sure everybody, including Funcom, would love to have tons of new maps, dungeons and so on. Some very promising things are being worked on, some we've seen already, e. g. Dragonspine outdoor map and dungeons.
    Reworking some of the existing stuff will make it appealing to a lot more players than it is today, e. g. Temple of Erlik, old world level 80 dungeons, and maybe we'll even get a T1 hard mode one day (which would be awesome). This is done with the regular subscription money.

But anything more than that needs serious developer time, and to get serious developer time, you have to spent serious money.

So, for Funcom, I think, it boils down to one question: Would players be willing to spent money on another expansion? And how much?

Personally, I'm a bit surprised there haven't been done any survey about that question, at least not to my knowledge. But maybe, we can start a little survery here ourselves.

So, here are three questions:

1.) Would you be willing to spent money for brand new, expansion style content in Age of Conan (like Turan or Rise of the Godslayer)?
    2.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Kithai (5 outdoor maps, about 20 solo/group dungeons, 1 huge raid dungeon, several new game concepts)?
    3.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Turan (1 outdoor map, 3 solo/group dungeons, 1 medium raid dungeon, no new game concepts)?

To minimize discussion about wether Turan/Kithai were good, let's assume that the quality and style of the new expansion would be pretty much perfect, i. e. they do a really good job.
    Good thread I hope the game developers read it:

1.) Yes I would spend money on a brand new expansion ( I really like the area of Chosain something with lots of mountains, small rivers, ect )

2.) $25 - $50 AUD

3.) $5 - $15 AUD

I would love to see a new expansion with smaller group dungeons IE: two - three player dungeons - drops would scale with this. Also, more long solo quests / dungeons if possible.

Ok I'll go forward with my own figures I would be willing to pay for new expansion or even remake of AoC, cause I don't think we could get new expansion after few players gave few pennies to funcom.

100-200 USD if it's equal/bigger than RotG. 100-400 if it's new remake and Joel is leading its development.

Giving less would imho mean they would get less money then really needed which would make that project less likely to succeed and by that too risky.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

I would love to see a new expansion too, but even more than that, I'd love to see some character updates... could be by raising the character ceiling to 85 or 90, or could be as simple as adding a few more AAs to fill in the blank slots in the AA tree. By my count, there's room for 7 Archetype AAs (3 Mastery, 1 Expertise, 3 Prowess), and 4 more Class AAs (1 Mastery, 2 Expertise, 1 Prowess). And that's not including the outer columns of the UI, which are currently blank and could be used for another 18 AAs if they were filled, 9 in each of the Mastery and Prowess columns.

If there is a preference to new maps, I'd love to see either an Acheronian map (all fire and brimstone), or an Atlantis one (underwater, drowned Lemurians, etc.) A Mayan-themed world on the scale of the Khitai one would be cool too, for those of the Xotlian persuasion.

I'm good with $100 or so USD if that's what it takes to keep my favourite MMO of all time alive and kicking.

Well lore of Hyboria is wast and mostly unexplored so next expansion could be literally anywhere...

Personaly I would looove dark Hyperborean/Aesir expansion
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast