Thread: Exploiting Gold spammers

Default Exploiting Gold spammers

Dear Funcom,
    Please do something about the people that spam gold selling in Global and NPH (New Player Help) chat channels. These people/companies use and exploit to make there contestant SPAM un-ignorable. I am not able to tell you just how they do that in a public forum, but I am sure you are already aware of just how they by pass game mechanics to have their advertisements show no matter how many times you put them on your ignore list.

Failure to address this may lead some players to think that Funcom does not care about exploits or is selective about enforcement.

Thank you and have a nice day.

You are right !
    It's not normal and very boring...

I put all these guys on my "ignore list".
    That's a good way to forget them and it works rather good ^^

There really is no "person" sitting there and typing in global/nph. Its an automated bot spamming scripts on a timer. Then its automated to randomly generate a new name, which means a new character id, which is why you can't ignore it.

Sure Funcom could ban bots. Then bebot would be gone. A lot of guilds depend on this function. Just a shame gold spammers use it for the wrong reason. There is no "one or the other" though. They will also never ban them, they generate sub money to hoard all that gold.

Love these threads.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The best solution would be client side chat filters, that would have been an awesome addition to the game.
    I am Stian ingame...

Anarchy Online has client side spam filter, so when that game is ported to dreamworld, mayhaps they can port it to aoc.

Why not look at the bright side and be happy that aoc has enough pop to have gold spammers?

Crommed if you do, Crommed if you don't...

If you have gold spam in chat the game still has a chance. Once they leave the game there no hope left.

Funcom only bans for taking shortcuts in Ai district, and vile Nativity.

If you read carefully, the stuff these people are selling are mostly Ibis' and crafted T3...which can only mean they belong to a steady/decent raiding guild able to do these runs...which could mean that they are exploiting a guild...but more likely due to the shear volume of this stuff they are selling that the ENTIRE GUILD is complicit in this in-game items for RL dollars scheme.

... Just something to think about.

Please remember that discussing exploits on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums.

For more information on exploits, see this thread. You can also go to help.funcom.com for further questions and reports.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.