Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of AoC

Default Future of AoC

Hey all,

I was thinking about this for a while now. Do you guys think Funcom will ever expand the game again? New expansions/raids/dungeons etc?
    I have noted the director's comments in the newsletter, but I think we need some major updates aswell. I would like to know what their plans are for AoC and how they will keep it alive for many many years to come. I really hope that this game does not die, it's really the best MMO I have ever played and I keep coming back to every time. I think it deserves more!! A DX11 engine would also be appreciated

Anyway, what do you think?
    Last edited by StalkerKZN; 14th October 2013 at 08:56.

I really hope so.
    AoC is the only mmo I like. I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls online too, and I hope to be enjoying AoC in the future, with ESO.

dx11 engine would be great, or at least, the only thing I'd like to see is HD tectures or better textures (mainly for the night sky).
    Artistically and graphicaly the game is astonishing, but needs an update regarding some textures. I don't know if thats possible, but I think that it wouldn't be very difficult to add the possibility for an HD night sky for example. If you look at the stars, they look a bit bad compared to the rest.

About expansions...yes please, add something more! I haven't seen the whole dungeons and world space yet, but I would like to have more in the future.

They seem busy now with the new crafting system, wich is perfect. Problem is that it would be good to know a bit about the schedule, at least when "more or less" it will be done.
    Last edited by Meleagro; 14th October 2013 at 09:30.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

I'm not very optimistic about the future of the game. I think we'll be stuck in the current slow process with many good idea provided by both GD and players but almost no ressources.

Also, TSW need to be constantly fuelled by content thanks to his BuyToPlay system, and AoC is paying the price of TSW developement&failure since many years and for many years it will remains the same.

I don't see any sight of hope for this game in the next year. Even if Funcom financial situation is going better, i'm pretty sure they will alocate money and people more on TSW to increase their episodes release rate. But at least, it still exists and if we compare to Warhammer Online fate, it is not so bad.

Even though we all play it and mostly love it, AoC turned into unresolvable mess. We know where issues are and I'm pretty sure Funcom knows as well, I'm afraid that there is no way out of this mess though, no way to efficiently fix it while keeping financial part of this above waters.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Great game here, just not a lot of fresh content and updates come slower than a snails pace.
    Yes, it would be very nice if the game did a new expansion like RotGS, or something close to it as far as content. Honestly though, I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

What we will likely get is what we've been getting the last few years, which is a tiny tiny tiny amount of content. It's likely we will get a tiny bit more new content, like dragon spine, and a bit more recycled content like the unchained version of old dungeons. BTW, they are running out of old dungeons to unchain.

With a title like that, i was surprised it wasn't a Ringofset thread
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Just goes to show that more and more people are becoming aware of the dire situation of the game. One last great hope is if some super rich guy buys the game and Conan rights injects 5 million dollars in upgrading code/graphics/content then resell it as AoC 2: Rise of Set.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Just goes to show that more and more people are becoming aware of the dire situation of the game.
    You really need to be a rocket scientist to notice that. Thanks for enlighting us with your constant doomsaught. It always light up my mood to read pessimistic crap 24/7 under the cover of "i'm being realistic".

If half the energy spent crying about the cloudy future of AoC was spent on creating fun events and contests ingame AoC would still be great fun for a long while.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by StalkerKZN View Post
    Anyway, what do you think?
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. They don't have the money to ever make another huge thing like RotGS now and most likely never will (unless Lego MMO conquers the online world, but even then it's unlikely they'd pour their newly minted wealth into an old warhorse like AoC). But they're very unlikely to abandon it, FC doesn't pull the plug on their games (look at AO), new stuff will come to AoC in drips and drops.

Just don't buy into the general doom and gloom ********ers permeating these forums. Those *******s are in every MMO ever. Sure, FC might not have enough money to renew Conan licence when it expires and might have to shut it down, but that's no reason to indulge those dumb mother****ers.

Funcom only cares about there new titles...if your not playing TSW or Lego coming out soon you are not gonna get anyting new. You are just playing a dead game and supporting other games funcom is working on. Sorry

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast