Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Necro dots cease after death

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    oh goodie, this again!

if someone gives you aids, and then they die, does your aids disappear? don't think so.
    Thx for made my day.
    We will be Serious after death.

Necro's need revamp badly, DOT's need to end when the necro dies. A better alternative would be decrease the time on FTW to 20 seconds

OP idk why you think necro's wouldn't want this change. Maybe baddie one's that SW on the pad, but anyone with half a brain would want this changed...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I agree with usedtissue and the OP,

failure in pvp I.E. Dieing Shouldnt be rewarded

If you die so does your DPS just like everyone else

end of story

the very moment they decide to remove (all) DoTs after their source dies, they would have to remove all HoTs after their source dies... which is never gonna happen, so you better deal with it
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    the very moment they decide to remove (all) DoTs after their source dies, they would have to remove all HoTs after their source dies... which is never gonna happen, so you better deal with it
    I never get HoTs anyways so im fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Why compare to HoTs ? Hots are the same since release, doesn't scale with any stats and never never crits. How many time i have to use a burst heal in order to save a guy dotted to death since they are outdamaging heals anyway.

Some JS are just epic : you leave your rezpad, walk 3 meters and then you have 1 infestation, two MoTD and 1 ftw running on you slowy decrease your life. I usually like pressure-themed class in Mmos but this one is a bit over the top if we look at anti-pressure tools we have.

Maybe fix the range of theses dots, like when the game starts to not recognize source of the damage ("stranger's mark of the devourers hits you for..."), maybe make it 0 damage but without removing the effect. It would push the necros to actually leave their secure zone if they want fully effect of their dots (risk -> rewards) ?

Default I wish I could make my own game room (no necros allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Why compare to HoTs ? Hots are the same since release, doesn't scale with any stats and never never crits. How many time i have to use a burst heal in order to save a guy dotted to death since they are outdamaging heals anyway.

Some JS are just epic : you leave your rezpad, walk 3 meters and then you have 1 infestation, two MoTD and 1 ftw running on you slowy decrease your life. I usually like pressure-themed class in Mmos but this one is a bit over the top if we look at anti-pressure tools we have.

Maybe fix the range of theses dots, like when the game starts to not recognize source of the damage ("stranger's mark of the devourers hits you for..."), maybe make it 0 damage but without removing the effect. It would push the necros to actually leave their secure zone if they want fully effect of their dots (risk -> rewards) ?
    The way I see necros is a pussy class. Less risk = BIGGER reward. Also at least a conq (as much as I hate them) need to be in the battlefield in order to get kills and they actually have to land combos and they can't keep hitting you with combos after death. (so you get the point.

Yes necros are easy for a barb to kill if they are solo but any half wit necro knows to stay close to their team-mates behind the front line. This makes it very hard for any melee class to kill them. If i charge a necro all that will happen is I will get staggered by his team-mates and I die.(while the necro is hogging all the kills)

Last thing I hate is that if I am on a loosing team and ppl aren't dieing very fast, the necro will hog ALL the kills. Making it very frustrating for any of the team-mates.(yes I know focus objective, but REALLY people, you know 90% of the players are self conscious of their own kd.

Default Reaver vs Necro

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zfr3wk.png

Here is an example of me going full reaver killing as fast as I possibly can in JS and the necro just hides in spellweave and gets basically as many kills as me with no skill. Also notice that the necro only died 8 times which means that a necro has good survivability for all the horror he can do (i.e. mark of the devour, damage absorbing shield, 2nd shield (forgot name), insta CCs, etc.)
    Point is that if there was 2 necros on my team I would have no chance of being on top which makes me think that this class is like cheating (like some other ppl say)
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 18th October 2013 at 21:21.

This is an entertaining thread.
    (Eats more popcorn)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast