Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan stands still (no progression)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    First : There is a problem with Coils, since almost nobody runs it. It failed, and failed hard despite the amount of work provided by devs.

Secondly : You can't asking for vocal for a pug, i talk about really pugs in global (grab 5 randoms and go) not some sort of group when you are all in each-other friendlists. Good luck pushing people to go in vent when frenchies are using mainly mumble and spanish people raidcall. And good luck having the better communication and exact pronunciation while explaining the tactics to one russian, one french, one aussie, one scottish and one italian guy ;d

You can't also make a progression group for coils with a PuG. Definition of pug is, except of the leader, others players can change. I'm pretty sure you're experienced in progression raid, and progression raids are viable only if you don't change players each day. That's why only OPR can have progression in T4 and clearing T3 regularly despite of the nerf of TAS cause you have people entitled to one class and coming each week.

Coils is a guild-dungeon or friend-group dungeon. Knowing that, it reduce drastically its popularity and it remains like this forever if nothing changes from funcom's devs PoV. Only dungeon like this is Ti an an district but at least it loot some accessories better than T4 ones (wings). Which is fairly surprising cause usually people start to QQ that K6 stuff better than raid one is sorta game-breaking and push funcom to out-nerf them

But tbh who cares, when pvers got bored of kithans HM they just leave the game.
    i agree with you it is a hard dungeon wich needs either a good group leader with patience and or exp from players, pretty much you described how xibaluku was when it came out.
    its a place that is chalenging but with no gear checks so it didnt fail at all.
    i have cleared dungeon multiple times with globalites :P if they join ts we clear dungeon if they refuse to join there is no point even starting .
    the major problem is some of dungeon armor is ridiculous because the blue version has more dps stats then purple version, and some armors are still stupid like black pharaoh set wich somehow they asume constitution is somehow equivalent to strenght wich is stupid.

so yeah for some cases the dragon spine armors need some improvement, and contrary to all the crybabies who wanted the blue weapons nerfed all they should have done was make them purple weapons if they hadnt nerfed the weapons people would for sure be more willing to learn tactics and join voice com to defeat those bosses.

by the way i cleared it on my t1 geared female tos with no issues at all .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

btw i tend to ask anyone i invite from global to join ts even if its a iron tower/xibaluku run...

and surprise surprise i usualy fully clear any dungeon i make a group for independat of how badly geared everyone is...

i only encountered this fear of using voice com on crom server back on aquilonia everyone used voice chat everywhere and was even mandatory for most t1 sweeps
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

You know, i have a very pragmatic point of view. If a content need to be nerfed to the ground at the point my grandma could cleared it without vocal, just for the sake of seeing it runned more and more, i would applause it.

I remember back in the day of T3 nerfs in test Live forum, when Nola litteraly cried in epic proportions about how the T3 nerf will be the doomsday of veterans and they'll all leave. T3 nerf was the better thing happened (though it was a little out-nerfed cause the feedbacks were flooded about QQing about nerf and no serious feedback about how it must be nerf) and now we have many T3 pug in global, some of them are still failing on Upper floor or Gyas, some of them are succeeding cause people want to take that bad stygian guy down.

And in some case, we kill a boss like it was a progression raid, with all the wipe, the errors and finally the willing of almost anyone to kill it cause the last try was so close. Some of pugs raids are like that, so yeah, i have still hope about players in AoC, they just need sometimes a little help, a signal from devs ;d

Despite the first time i've cleared coils, i've not encountered this feeling in this dungeon, but it's maybe cause i don't run it anymore so, who knows ?
    Last edited by Bibik; 14th October 2013 at 10:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    You know, i have a very pragmatic point of view. If a content need to be nerfed to the ground at the point my grandma could cleared it without vocal, just for the sake of seeing it runned more and more, i would applause it.

I remember back in the day of T3 nerfs in test Live forum, when Nola litteraly cried in epic proportions about how the T3 nerf will be the doomsday of veterans and they'll all leave. T3 nerf was the better thing happened (though it was a little out-nerfed cause the feedbacks were flooded about QQing about nerf and no serious feedback about how it must be nerf) and now we have many T3 pug in global, some of them are still failing on Upper floor or Gyas, some of them are succeeding cause people want to take that bad stygian guy down.

And in some case, we killed a boss like it was a progression raid, with all the wipe, and the willing of anyone to kill it cause the last try was so close. Despite the first time i've cleared coils, i've not encountered this feeling in this dungeon, but it's maybe cause i don't run it anymore so, who knows ?
    i had no respect for his views and welcomed t3 changed full heartedly they were good, too bad they didnt add magic resistance to all bosses like they should have.
    i can only hope they do some fixing to erlic and lurker.

like i said i cleared dungeon and still clear it on multiple setups and diferent gear lvl's on everyone, its a fun and chalenging place with no gear checks at all.
    why would i want any dungeon to be dumbed down so its as stupidly easy as kara korum????

kara korum was intended as the hardest 3 dungeons in kithai yet after people done place over 1000 times everyone stoped using voice com as mandatory, and now people made it literaly pay to join with those idiotic pay teleport for yag only run...

finaly a nice dungeon comes out wich needs half a brain to clear and people like yourself come cry over everything there.
    first people cried the weapons were too good, they nerfed them so no one would want them congratz...
    now you cry its too hard because you need to actualy use your brains and coordinate your selves???

just add loot directly at item shop so you can get your instant gratification while your at it, and be sure to add a bot to play your chars for you and send an email report.

you dont want chalenges just uninstall game all together go play something else.

pve is already pretty easy yet you people keep crying how hard it is.

they did amazing work on coils realy nice fights and place looks awesome, so how about you cry babies just go learn how to kill them instead of crying how hard they are without trying to learn better tactics for them use your imagination and kill them.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i had no respect for his views and welcomed t3 changed full heartedly they were good, too bad they didnt add magic resistance to all bosses like they should have.

like i said i cleared dungeon and still clear it on multiple setups and diferent gear lvl's on everyone, its a fun and chalenging place with no gear checks at all.
    why would i want any dungeon to be dumbed down so its as stupidly easy as kara korum????

kara korum was intended as the hardest 3 dungeons in kithai yet after people done place over 1000 times everyone stoped using voice com as mandatory, and now people made it literaly pay to join with those idiotic pay teleport for yag only run...

finaly a nice dungeon comes out wich needs half a brain to clear and people like yourself come cry over everything there.
    first people cried the weapons were too good, they nerfed them so no one would want them congratz...
    now you cry its too hard because you need to actualy use your brains and coordinate your selves???

just add loot directly at item shop so you can get your instant gratification while your at it, and be sure to add a bot to play your chars for you and send an email report.

you dont want chalenges just uninstall game all together go play something else.

they did amazing work on coils realy nice fights and place looks awesome, so how about you cry babies just go learn how to kill them instead of crying how hard they are without trying to learn better tactics for them use your imagination and kill them.
    This!

/amen

Age of Conan stands still (no progression)
    = because there is 55 employees working on the secret world, age of conan, anarchy online, and lego game

small number of developers work mostly on the new lego MMO while a few people are spread accross three MMOs (including this one)

This small team also includes business and customer service people

Befor the secret world funcom used to have over 300 employees and i guess alot of them where dedicated to AOC
    (i would say AOC is running on about 10% of what is was befor secret world and mass lay offs came into play)

Dont quote me on the numbers

THIS! f4ckIng THIS!

lol @ this

This kind of elitism is y AOC is on final PvE server
    Ultra hard content is what makes ppl quit
    Only good weapons for some classes in this game drop in T3 and T4
    Dont tell ppl how to play their class
    The way of playing your class changes with gear and AAs
    They should nerf T3 and T4 and delete Hathor-Ka and Imp from Game
    I hav nvr been in a T3 or T4 but if a player is getting kicked out of his guild coz of those 2 bosses thats bad game design
    Last edited by Doomkiller; 14th October 2013 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    They should nerf T3 and T4 and delete Hathor-Ka and Imp from Game
    I nvr been in a T3 or T4 but if a player is getting kicked out of his guild coz of those 2 bosses thats bad game design
    Why would anyone be kicked from a guild because of HK or the imp ?
    I just don't get the point here.

About the "elitism", it strikes me as very selfish to ask for the entire game to be made easier, since many players do enjoy a challenge in terms of mechanics and encounter design.

If you want easy content, there is yag and most HMs in khitai, if you like more difficulty, then you have Paikang and Dragon spine's dungeons.

So whatever your tastes are like, you can find something that suits you in AoC, which is good.

Maybe kicked from the raid not guild
    I hav heard stories abt players getting kicked coz of those 2 bosses
    Coil dungeon drops 2 or 3 epics for 1 class
    That is the biggest reason it should b nerfed
    Not nerfing it would cause frustration in a %age of playerbase
    AoC needs a scripted gear check similar to WoW LFR and difficulty of game lowered
    Current system has created massive power gap where players in Endgame raiding guilds hav multiple toons geared in T4 gear compared to players in other guilds
    Thats y u see this thread