Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves, LL or Tiger

Default Wolves, LL or Tiger

Hey!

I am kind of new to the conq class. Which faction should I go with? I am mostly gonna play PvP Brute and maybe try Carnage when I get better 1HE.

For the PvE side (6 man mostly) I just wanna go as off tank since I already have a DT as Main Tank. Right now I have a small mix of blue drops in Khitai and some T1/T2 gear with the Searing Sword from Bowl Quest in BRC.

So which is the best mix for both PvP and OT in PvE? (I don't wanna grind more than 1 faction to Rank 4, have done it on too many chars)

Thanks!
    Br,
    Roevhalt

For pvp i would go for tigers or wolfes. this would also work very well in pve 6 mans.
    Also, "offtanks" are tanks that are not capable of doing the main objective, for example they are used to kite in vortex/palace because they lack gear to maintank. Even with my weak LL items i can "maintank" and you should not claim to be an offtank even with full epic just because your gear is better for dps/pvp.

LL plate set has +hate which only works in PvE so wasted stat in PvP. LL heavy set has stamina regen, which again kinda wasted.

So tigers for DPS and Wolves + LL for PvE tanking. Although in every situation, you are better off having a mix.

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php and compare
    Last edited by Invino; 11th October 2013 at 09:27.

For tanking purpose, if you want to join only 1 faction, it all goes down to either you get the LL plate wrists with hate or the wolves boots with crit dmgs rating, since everything else can be found in dungeons and/or does not require any faction affiliation.

I would pick LL myself, much easier to level the ranks since they are present everywhere, unlike wolves, which are only in NG.

Thank you for all the replies!

I think I have decided to go with LL for the faction Feet and Wrist (Plate non-protection ones) with the Battlements legs and wolves dungeon drops. That should work for both PvP and off tanking and maybe some main tanking in some situations?

Dunno about the chest and head tho..
    Br,
    Roevhalt

Quote Originally Posted by Engzoria View Post
    Thank you for all the replies!

I think I have decided to go with LL for the faction Feet and Wrist (Plate non-protection ones) with the Battlements legs and wolves dungeon drops. That should work for both PvP and off tanking and maybe some main tanking in some situations?

Dunno about the chest and head tho..
    Well LL head for sure, quite nice dps, survivability, crit rating and +hate for some pve as for chest tou can take tigers for dps, wolves for pure survivability and LL for a mix of both.
    Oh btw You shouldn't go for all wolves dungeons drops, the best You can get are: LL shoulders, TT gloves, wolves belt and as You already mentioned LL legs.
    Last edited by Allandir; 11th October 2013 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Allandir View Post
    Well LL head for sure, quite nice dps, survivability, crit rating and +hate for some pve as for chest tou can take tigers for dps, wolves for pure survivability and LL for a mix of both.
    Oh btw You shouldn't go for all wolves dungeons drops, the best You can get are: LL shoulders, TT gloves, wolves belt and as You already mentioned LL legs.
    The best gloves drop in Dragonspine. Around the same DPS as TT, more crit, more armor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    The best gloves drop in Dragonspine. Around the same DPS as TT, more crit, more armor etc.
    oh didn't actually know about that since i was never in there, i'm f2p for a looong time already

Quote Originally Posted by Allandir View Post
    oh didn't actually know about that since i was never in there, i'm f2p for a looong time already
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ck_pharaoh.jpg

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo..._messenger.jpg

Wolf belt + Wolf boots
    Rest legion for tanking

Tigers for dps, for pvp... pvp gear but for now use tigers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast