Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't decide, god damn it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    Ranger is retarded and boring, but due to this pretty powerful in pvp.
    Well, this is a matter of opinion... I have all classes leveled to 80, including HOX, BS, DT... and I like the ranger over any other class in the game, and won't even play the others anymore, even though some are maxed in T3 and faction gear.

The ranger has a unique mechanic in the game, where you buff your combo ahead of selecting it, whereas all other classes are the reverse: they select combo then follow through with pre-set white hits to the finisher. Because a ranger buffs ahead of time, it gives an opportunity to customize each shot with an upper, lower, both, or no buff... and to make a last-minute decision which combo to trigger. To me, this is more natural and flexible than the typical AoC combo.

In solo pve, you won't be standing around in a bubble aoe'ing multiple mobs. You'll be going into hide, mezzing a target, selecting a nearby target, hitting it with your bleeding puncture or deadly draw (if trained), dropping a trap as it runs to you while buffing up your pen shot, selecting first target again, then triggering your pen shot. The target in front of you is usually dead now, and original one will likely be dead before it gets to you.

Very few classes have to strategize their way past mobs this way.. mostly they just charge (if they have it), knockback or stun, tank'n'spank, and follow through on combos or spells in a memorized rotation. Check on the class forums... one of big questions that comes up over and over is what rotation should I use?

Anyway, not saying you would like the ranger, and obviously lots of folks don't, especially cause they don't like the ranger's combo mechanic. But there are a few of us out there who thinks it's a very fun class to play and a lot more intuitive and engaging than many of the other classes. Some think it's difficult to solo, but it's actually not bad as long as you can isolate targets. It can be a fast, furious and fun run to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    Well, this is a matter of opinion... I have all classes leveled to 80, including HOX, BS, DT... and I like the ranger over any other class in the game, and won't even play the others anymore, even though some are maxed in T3 and faction gear.

The ranger has a unique mechanic in the game, where you buff your combo ahead of selecting it, whereas all other classes are the reverse: they select combo then follow through with pre-set white hits to the finisher. Because a ranger buffs ahead of time, it gives an opportunity to customize each shot with an upper, lower, both, or no buff... and to make a last-minute decision which combo to trigger. To me, this is more natural and flexible than the typical AoC combo.

In solo pve, you won't be standing around in a bubble aoe'ing multiple mobs. You'll be going into hide, mezzing a target, selecting a nearby target, hitting it with your bleeding puncture or deadly draw (if trained), dropping a trap as it runs to you while buffing up your pen shot, selecting first target again, then triggering your pen shot. The target in front of you is usually dead now, and original one will likely be dead before it gets to you.

Very few classes have to strategize their way past mobs this way.. mostly they just charge (if they have it), knockback or stun, tank'n'spank, and follow through on combos or spells in a memorized rotation. Check on the class forums... one of big questions that comes up over and over is what rotation should I use?

Anyway, not saying you would like the ranger, and obviously lots of folks don't, especially cause they don't like the ranger's combo mechanic. But there are a few of us out there who thinks it's a very fun class to play and a lot more intuitive and engaging than many of the other classes. Some think it's difficult to solo, but it's actually not bad as long as you can isolate targets. It can be a fast, furious and fun run to the top.
    ill explain in way you can understand.
    ranger combo mechanics are so retarded that if they exported it to other classes aoc would die out fast because melee combo system is aoc best feature wich was stolen away from ranger class.

ranger is worst possible class to play it was raped out of combo system.

bs-hox-dt-barb very interesting classes remaining vary a bit but apart from ranger pretty much all classes can be enjoayable to play
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It really depends on your playing style. I have eight 80's and what I can tell you is a conq is a great tank and you will level quickly facing your oponents face to face. A conq can rez other players too. Hox in the same way is fun but the gameplay can be more technical. And hox's have a self rez. A necro is also a lot of fun but, you must maintain your distance. Necro's have minions do all their dirty work. Bear shamans share both stength and healing powers. They also rez other players and keep a group alive. A BS is always needed in a group or raid. All in all the real fun begins for all toons at lvl80 when you get some good raid gear and are not so squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcex View Post
    Hello!

I can't decide what class to play, and yeah it is funny. I never had a problem like this in any other mmo before.
    So I thought, I will level every class to lvl 20. It takes around 6 hours for one class to achieve it. But after 4 toon's its pretty effin boring, and I am pissed caused I still don't know what to play lol!

And I've just read that lvl 20 is not enough to understand the class So I guess ill just level next toon to lvl 80. No matter what?

I know asking what to play looks silly, but maybe you can help me decide somehow And yes I watched that amazing youtube video about the classes, it just makes it more complicated, all classes look so good, its like i wanna play them all ) Anyways just wanted to share! The game is amazing!

See you in Tortage!
    Give us a list of things you want to do end game wise...IEo you prefer mele classes over casters? Do you like to be a team support class/Tanking class/ or pure dps? Do you prefer aoe damage or single target? How do you feel about inst cast cc's or 1 button combos? things like this help to decide what you will love to play at level 80.

for premaid minis go roll pom or conq
    The Law

hox most fun class
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

I have been playing pretty much since launch and I still have only one toon. Only now am I considering rolling an alt -- a second BS

Quote Originally Posted by Bcex View Post
    Actually next toons I was planning to lvl are HoX/BS
    Yes, I didn't write any preference, but its because I just don't know.

What do I want? I want to enjoy the game while leveling my toon. Have fun at dungeons, now and later. And if PVP is viable try PVP. Thats all I want for now. Anyways, thanks for your post Freke!

I am not 100% sure yet, but as far as I have seen, the AOC community is very nice!
    If you are bored of Tortage but going to level a fifth toon, do not make it a BS. BS has a slow start (until 30 or so). It's not bad if it's your first time through Tort (or first in a while); if it's your fifth in the last couple weeks, you're going to want to damage yourself.

I think you can get a sense of most classes by 40-50. Most have a pretty key spell or ability waiting at 60 or 70 (and some, like dps DTs, not until well into 80...). But usually not enough to make it feel like a different class.

That said, HoX is best. Hits its stride in the late teens, then another stride altogether around 30. If you like killing things while staying awake, and you don't mind a little challenge, then you have arrived. Just remember to feat the first 5 points in Possession first...
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Wow! So many responses! Thank You all so much!

Anyways while you were posting i was leveling HoX as I promised!
    I leveled it to 20, and it felt like "Yeah, i wanna continue" so, I am near lvl 30 now, enjoying it fully!

HoX is interesting class, I dont feel like a caster lol

Prima, I made a look at Your guide yesterday, so HfB insta cast rocking all the time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12