Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't decide, god damn it! :)

Default I can't decide, god damn it! :)

Hello!

I can't decide what class to play, and yeah it is funny. I never had a problem like this in any other mmo before.
    So I thought, I will level every class to lvl 20. It takes around 6 hours for one class to achieve it. But after 4 toon's its pretty effin boring, and I am pissed caused I still don't know what to play lol!

And I've just read that lvl 20 is not enough to understand the class So I guess ill just level next toon to lvl 80. No matter what?

I know asking what to play looks silly, but maybe you can help me decide somehow And yes I watched that amazing youtube video about the classes, it just makes it more complicated, all classes look so good, its like i wanna play them all ) Anyways just wanted to share! The game is amazing!

See you in Tortage!

Everyone have their own opinion about which class is most fun to play.
    Since you don't say anything about what role you enjoy the most then I would make these suggestions based on my own taste:

If you want to tank play a DT.
    If you want to heal play a BS
    If you want to dps as a mage play HoX.
    If you want to dps as a rogue play Barb.

Actually next toons I was planning to lvl are HoX/BS
    Yes, I didn't write any preference, but its because I just don't know.

What do I want? I want to enjoy the game while leveling my toon. Have fun at dungeons, now and later. And if PVP is viable try PVP. Thats all I want for now. Anyways, thanks for your post Freke!

I am not 100% sure yet, but as far as I have seen, the AOC community is very nice!

BS is a forgiving class to level. If you remember to have blue heal and green heal running you'll rarely if ever die.

It is also great fun

Make an 80 of every class imo. The ones you like, make a 2nd 80 of.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yeah make a 80 of every class, forget irl, and be bad with every class at the same time. Sounds like a good plan. Yeah I'm trolling.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Well the game is the same, just some adapting needed between classes. If you are excellent at one class, you have already built the foundation to be very good at all the others as well.

About classes, I agree with Freke.

Quote Originally Posted by Freke View Post
    If you want to tank play a DT.
    If you want to heal play a BS
    If you want to dps as a mage play HoX.
    If you want to dps as a rogue play Barb.
    Yup, pretty much this.

Hox and BS are both very untraditional classes (melee mage and melee healer) hence they are great fun.

Guard is an easy hack and slash class, I like it a lot for it's simplicity (and for the badass polearms). DT is probably the most powerful class but you gotta push thousands of buttons to be good. Conqueror is good but every 2nd person is a conq and you will have very hard time to find raids/groups (cause conq spots fill first).

Ranger is retarded and boring, but due to this pretty powerful in pvp.

Casters (demo, necro, pom, tos) are traditional mmo casters, however spellweaving adds a nice unique aspect. Also caster healers in AoC are nasty damage dealers too.

Assassin is a fastpaced killer but you will die lots (it irritates some to die too often, others are ok with it). Best to prey on lonely dudes thou (if you are on Fury).

And finally, barbarian, which is a fun class, but a bit weak in pvp imho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast