Thread: Entity Projection Tanking

Default Entity Projection Tanking

I'm currently wondering about the best build to tank the projections in the entity fight. My guild doesn't kill them, we tank them with a tank and a bs on either side.
    After dying at 7% (4 stacks) last week, I'm trying to get a better build this week. I was thinking of something like this:
    Entity Turtle Build
    No idea where to spend the last point, as aggro is not an issue. I heavily suspect that Crushing Onslaught doesn't work on it, but since there's nothing better to get, I take it anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions or info on the matter? Or any general tricks when tanking the projections other than avoiding bombardment?
    I usually don't feat stuff like At Death's Door, Lifesaver, Burning Vigor and Defiance, I don't really know which one of them has the greatest benefit ...

For reference, I'm wearing a mix of LL and T4 prot gear, with the hammer from vile and T3 accessories + ring of protection. Also a blue crafted belt with prot gem, since I don't have any better belts (BD belt has half as much prot). AAs maxed, Chromatic + Elusive, I use Fortifying+Mettle on cd, alternating between them.

I was the BS healing on our run and a DT I was healing was mainly in magic stuff. I was taking a few hits too, all magic as far as I know.

I usually just use a regular protection tanking build which is the same as my physical tanking build but with Stone Skin instead of Iron Skin, some points in At Death's Door and no OtO (but Improved Gods fully feated still). Really no need to do a special spec since giving up on aggro won't necessarily allow you to feat so much more mitigation.

Since aggro is not an issue on projections, I'd rather use Vivification instead of Mettle.
    Last edited by Ieronon; 10th October 2013 at 14:52.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Vivification seemed to help, thanks for the tip!

Vivification all the way on Projections. 12 points in carnage is not so good. Go for Imp. GoDS like Ieronon says. The regen in Burning Vigor is not so good too (check in parser if u can). Gear full protec with Ibis, perk that i use are Chromatic and Constitution
    Killraven The arsenal conq - Baalsogoth (Herald of Awesomness) - Killdarkness (DT) - Killshadows (Guard) - Killrazor (barb) - Demoraven (demo) - Enasht (ToS) - Giuliette (ranger)

I know only 3 words: D P S