Thread: the trader sucks, it just sucks

Default the trader sucks, it just sucks

So my buddy is trying to mail me some mats through the trader. He is in his guild city and I in mine. He sends mats. I wait. I wait some more. And wait still more. 4 minutes later and still no mail. So he cancels the mail and resends just in case he messed up some how.
    AND now another 5 minutes and still no mail!

This sucks and is a major pain in my ass! I have had enough time to log on here, write this message, alt tab back to game a few times to see if mail has arrived and it still hasn't arrived!!!! 8 minutes and still no mail.
    Looks like we will have to use our ports and trade in person.

and before I log let me check the mail..... nope, no mail 11 minutes later.
    Last edited by kinlock; 10th October 2013 at 00:30.

I mailed my alt 5G. It never arrived.
    shoryuken

Well known bug which appeared with the merge.
    Write a petition detailing the transaction (from character A to character B), a GM will sort this out even if he can't catch you online.

The mail was never lost. It just would not show up until the person receiving the mail relogs or changes instances/ports. As soon as I teleported the mail icon showed up and the mail was there.

It is still crappy and a sloppy trader/mail system.
    But it is barely enough to get by and still function, and that is probably good enough for Funcom, eh? No need to make it better if it barely works.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    The mail was never lost. It just would not show up until the person receiving the mail relogs or changes instances/ports. As soon as I teleported the mail icon showed up and the mail was there.

It is still crappy and a sloppy trader/mail system.
    But it is barely enough to get by and still function, and that is probably good enough for Funcom, eh? No need to make it better if it barely works.
    Exactly why Funcom is still in business. Were barely alive and thats good enough. Lets throw more money at different game.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The only issue with the current mail system is that the items stay in your bank until picked up. Which makes sending a bag full of mats to other alts a rather painfully drawn out process. Otherwise, it works fine.

Attention: This has been a known bug for quite some time. You must zone, or re-log, in order to see sent mail.

Other bugs in the game:
    Logging in mounted, character below mount, get stuck in mounting animation cast bar. Solution - jump in water
    Signing an already started mini, you get kicked out of queue and never receive a join confirmation dialogue. Solution - keep sign up window open, wait until you get booted from queue, then re-queue immediately. Your invite will pop up shortly.
    Glitched holes in the walls that have been in the game since launch. These will probably never get removed. Solution - if you fall under the map in a mini game, re-log.
    If you log in dead your AA perks wont work. Remove and re-add them to your perk bar before moving off the resurrection pad.
    If you either log in or zone, and the loading bar gets stuck at the end - you're screwed. Ctrl+Alt+Del End task start all over!
    Players "invisible" in mini-games and NPC's not populating - you pretty much have to reload your client for this one. I've tried re-installing and it just comes down to the code getting stuck in a loop - other players take a very long time to populate ranging from 30 seconds to 15 minutes. This problem seems to be rare but happens to multiple people. It's not a faulty ram or a hard drive issue either - but perhaps a software compatibility issue.
    Sprint bar not working/stuck in normal speed. Solution - go in hide.

bunch of other stuff in the game thats all i can think of atm

Most likely it's because theres 2 characters with the same identifier (name) in the internal system. And the other one has not done a rename yet -that gags up the mail system!

-a problem that is easily solved with a /petition.