Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: HOX in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Sin has about the same survivability as a HoX, but Sin burst damage is soooooo much faster.
    HoX has the best AoE burst damage out of any class
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

3year old movie where it was still possible to stand in group of people casting tox as an argument hox is ok?try that now and get insta gibbed people still can be great nuubtuber but thats it. tox against decent geared people is useless 2.5s cast and often hits weaker then a hfb

i dont care about past i dont want hox to be op i dont want easy mode i want them to fix the **** they have made of it/let it become.

@Supermeng

1) Phoenix Cloak (with Avatar of Xotli for optimal results). Phoenix Cloak gives bigtime toughness so you time to react to the battle. Can I stay in the hot zone and land my combos, or do I have to start pulling out?

Big time thoughness a self slow big - cold prot a good necro will spot it and faceroll his keyboard. on top of that u nerf your non existant melee damage even more. so u buy time to do what exactly?right spam some more hfb. Any hox with brain doesnt think can i cast my combos awnser should be no just spam that breath.

+ sin bomb can still crit for 40% of your life Imba survive tool. Decent against some melees though but smart ones will just wait 25 sec and come back to 2-3shot u.

2) Possession Spec. Chains of Anguish and Flame lets you deliver fast damage from a distance and maintain mobility. Not like being locked in place landing combos.

Flame isnt fast or super range every oponent with some brain and eyesight can walk out of range.

3) Enslaving Fire. Opening with stun every 25 seconds give you time to think. Land a Molten Slash? Firelance? Feated Body/Spirit Wrack?

U mean dance every 25s and get it interupted? cmon the cast time on that dance is retarded.

4) Hellstrikes. Cancel-able if you need to run, but the damage is weak.

u might as well use white hits the damage is just to troll.

So again hox in pvp is retarded. and people claiming its not are just well u can fill that in yourself.

But we can argue all day it all comes down to funcom an.

Many of hox problems can be fixed with slight adjustment to certain skills it wont make it OP but atleast more fluent to play.

But with funcom its either a full revamp which one way or another they will mess it or wait until the game dies. im sure they will prospone balancing for ever. dont even think they have an employee which knows how to adjust classes in aoc. Or anyone who even cares or knows there is a hox class(they forgot loot for hox so often its just to lol for words)

They could take it step by step and monitor each change.
    Dont need full revamp. Just small tweaks which can be done in small batches. but y its easier for them to say they dont have time for full revamp so we can FO and hox will stay retarded in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    HoX has the best AoE burst damage out of any class
    *cone not aoe only aor is pilar and its weak aoe only main target gets hit by full damage rest is decreased.

And even then thats only true if u count tox<no limit on targets afected> which is useless in pvp due to range/cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    *cone not aoe only aor is pilar and its weak aoe only main target gets hit by full damage rest is decreased.

And even then thats only true if u count tox<no limit on targets afected> which is useless in pvp due to range/cast time.
    Cone is AoE lol...and lol at saying ToX is useless in PvP. I'd actually say the opposite ToX is quite bad in PvE.

You've no idea how many times I've gotten the whole opposite team wiped in the first 15-20 seconds of a mini and you say ToX is useless.

ToX is a good tool in your tool box and it is up to you how useful or useless that tool can be...and we all wonder why most HoX are so terrible.

Cone is AoE lol...and lol at saying ToX is useless in PvP. I'd actually say the opposite ToX is quite bad in PvE.

You've no idea how many times I've gotten the whole opposite team wiped in the first 15-20 seconds of a mini and you say ToX is useless.

ToX is a good tool in your tool box and it is up to you how useful or useless that tool can be...and we all wonder why most HoX are so terrible.
    ToX is good against bad players. Which is basically all that's left playing AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    ToX is good against bad players. Which is basically all that's left playing AoC.
    AoC - The Special Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post

@Supermeng

1) Phoenix Cloak (with Avatar of Xotli for optimal results). Phoenix Cloak gives bigtime toughness so you time to react to the battle. Can I stay in the hot zone and land my combos, or do I have to start pulling out?

Big time thoughness a self slow big - cold prot a good necro will spot it and faceroll his keyboard. on top of that u nerf your non existant melee damage even more. so u buy time to do what exactly?right spam some more hfb. Any hox with brain doesnt think can i cast my combos awnser should be no just spam that breath.

+ sin bomb can still crit for 40% of your life Imba survive tool. Decent against some melees though but smart ones will just wait 25 sec and come back to 2-3shot u.

2) Possession Spec. Chains of Anguish and Flame lets you deliver fast damage from a distance and maintain mobility. Not like being locked in place landing combos.

Flame isnt fast or super range every oponent with some brain and eyesight can walk out of range.

3) Enslaving Fire. Opening with stun every 25 seconds give you time to think. Land a Molten Slash? Firelance? Feated Body/Spirit Wrack?

U mean dance every 25s and get it interupted? cmon the cast time on that dance is retarded.

4) Hellstrikes. Cancel-able if you need to run, but the damage is weak.

u might as well use white hits the damage is just to troll.

So again hox in pvp is retarded. and people claiming its not are just well u can fill that in yourself.
    I think you are trying to make an overall point that HoX has trouble with PVP, even within things that sort of work. That's fine.

To say that landing combos ever is a bad idea, I disagree. 60% of time, it works every time!

i just cannotunderstand how FC can be so DAM STUPID! every decent HoX just wants slight tweaks to some key abilities; for YEARS.

*hmpf some people..*.

I didnt say tox is completly useless i said its good against undergeared and aaed oponents i said the unlimted targets is useless in pvp and its only reason to really use it since its damage is just weak.(Tox was decent b4 rotgs where insane ammounts of protection etc came).

tox coeffiecient is so low it really doesnt scale with your gear. ones they have gear/aa your tox damage will decrease to be lower then hfb and there is no good way to increase it.

stop making statements how you whiped a whole group with tox in the first 15-20s it just shows u clueless on endgame and can only nuubtuub undergeared new players.

@Supermeng i exaggerate a bit ofc there is time for combos but combo damage in pc is just trololo so stating u use it to give time to think can i stay and land combos is just...

Lol Atreborn just becaue you run around in full t4 with max aa's and do 4k hellfire breaths it doesnt mean that all hoxed do the same damage and it doesnt excuse the fact that funcom needs to take some initiative and do something about the class to improve it and fix the useless/broken feats.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast