Thread: Where are exactly AOC servers

Default Where are exactly AOC servers

As said, I need to know where are those servers (could help me with my ips to decrease my ping)

THX

My best guess is the triangle. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina.
    I can't conceivably imagine their servers would be anywhere else unless they are working out of someone's garage somewhere.... omg.

The servers were in New Jersey the last time I did a tracert.

Quote Originally Posted by Delgadoo View Post
    As said, I need to know where are those servers (could help me with my ips to decrease my ping)

THX
    Look on a map to work out the rough physical distance between yourself and the United States (Pick a point in the centre to be safe, but they're most likely East Coast servers).

Then, do some mathematics using the speed of light and work out what your expected minimum ping is. That would be discounting congestion, ISP introduced delays, suboptimal routing or processing delays imposed by any devices between you and the servers. Then add whatever is required for normal server operations.

Odds are you're not going to improve it much. Look at Oceanic / Australian discussions on tunnelling servers and the benefits they give. Another alternative is to much around with the TcpAckDelay but that benefit is relatively minor.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    My best guess is the triangle. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina.
    I can't conceivably imagine their servers would be anywhere else unless they are working out of someone's garage somewhere.... omg.
    There's data centres dotted across the whole of the NA continent. I've ran dedi's from Canada, Washington, Texas...

But if a trace says NJ... Probably NJ.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    There's data centres dotted across the whole of the NA continent. I've ran dedi's from Canada, Washington, Texas...

But if a trace says NJ... Probably NJ.
    Press Shift + F9 in game. Server address has NJ in it. Running a trace proves it also.

Used to be hosted by a large company that specialized in hosting game servers, however I could not find that company in business anymore, or remember the exact name.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids