Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the role players here now?

Bundrov got banned, not stopped. He plays on Rage now

Hey Sendra! Yes RP is alive on Fury and we would love to have more people to play with. Sorry for the late response, I was out of the country for a couple of days. Come join us on the Sunday night open world adventure RP and poke Tombstone members for random or village RP at any time.

I look forward to seeing you in game or on our forums. You can always PM me for more info
    TOMBSTONE

Roleplay Guild

Webpage: Tombstone

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Monuet

That is all.
    Nixxon does not role play.
    shoryuken

Religolibri of course. Even when pvping.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img89/412/cz7i.jpg
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Don't search roleplay on fury. The minimal requirement of roleplay the communication between characters, but you don't
    have chance for that. The population in main part arrived from FPS scene and dont know what is the roleplay. I think the funcom marketing division see more business in their entertainment than make roleplay environment.

More concrete what i mean;
    This is a PvP server and normal you getting attack by another characters while you doing your quests around the world. But the cities and villages should be safe zones by the guards and the criminal system. I guess that was the original think by funcom too. But this is part of game don't work normaly, the guards dont give real safe, the criminal system don't make real detriment for the criminal characters.

Some player are commented this post also misuse this weakness of criminal system too. If you try ask why ruin others game feeling then you getting the most dirty blame as you can imagine with allusion at your family in sexual content. They talking totaly differently ingame than here on forum.

All role player know main rule of roleplay;
    "You should play that make others amusement, and this maximize your play feeling too."

The common fury player work on that break your play feeling, reach you log off and uninstall the game. Only that strange they are the preferred player archetype by rule set in game.
    Artarosse

I have no word to describe how infuriating RPers are when they assume straight away PvPers only live to spoil other players game.
    Narrow minded RPers expecting players to bow and salute them before starting a verbal joust eventually leading duelling are a plague. You can't expect everyone to be amused by the same thing.
    There use to be a time when RPers where tolerant, open-minded and inventive. The first guild i was in for instance had an odd bloke. Heavy RPer and PvPer who's character barely ever talked. But he held a thread on our forum where we wrote the ingame life of his char and how he percieved the events. There you could understand why he kicked your ass at that point, what he thought of this or that, why he dragged you there, etc. . He liked writting stories more than dialogues. Still, great read, great background, intresting character to play with and learn about, one of the RP mascott of our guild, but for lots of players he was just a braindead FPS player.

But if you read his thread you would enjoy how he turned everything into something meaningful. A ganker tries to get him in Dinog wasn't reported as a grieffer trying to spoil his game but as an attempted mugging. Lots of ganking in Tesso became a riot. And from there he chose to act diffrently depending on the mood of his character. Avoid the danger or jump into it and consider what happened as part of his story.
    I guess for him getting killed by guards would have been a police blunder.

From this dude i learned three things:
    - You can be dealing with a heavy RPer even when you just get killed and don't understand why.
    - You can adapt all ingame situations into something RP if you want to and that way impose RP rather than waiting for it.
    - Assuming the worst from players is often wrong and leads to needless frustration.

You want RP, you participate in the existing events, you create it, impose it and don't get kicked out of character each time something you don't like happens.
    And overall, finding RP is as hindered by pvpers that want PvP than by PvEers that want to go to Monastery fast or finish their daily quests. As for RP when you found it, unless you chose unwisely the spots you linger in, getting killed is most unlikely with the current server population.

An Ex-RPer pissed of by RPers.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

All you said, Vehl, requires a certain population influx, communication and respect.

Sure, a more relaxed attitude can help a lot...but i find it offensive to blame the victims. If we had a pvp consequence system and not the boring three scenarios in open world of "ambush-dead" "ambush-fight" "ambush-run", then it might be different too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    You want RP, you participate in the existing events, you create it, impose it and don't get kicked out of character each time something you don't like happens.
    And overall, finding RP is as hindered by pvpers that want PvP than by PvEers that want to go to Monastery fast or finish their daily quests. As for RP when you found it, unless you chose unwisely the spots you linger in, getting killed is most unlikely with the current server population.
    That is true and certainly a healthy approach to both pvp and rp...but people are moody and you can't expect much tolerance if you fail at communication. ALso with low population it is even easier to block content and play abusive, because finding help is simply very hard (for various reasons). Again...ffa open world pvp needs population fluctuation and a certain size, otherwise it is going to destroy itself.

From this dude i learned three things:
    - You can be dealing with a heavy RPer even when you just get killed and don't understand why.
    - You can adapt all ingame situations into something RP if you want to and that way impose RP rather than waiting for it.
    - Assuming the worst from players is often wrong and leads to needless frustration.
    - Here it comes down to communication again. Would you like to rp (e.g. spending YOUR time) with someone who just kept killing you and was insulting you? How likely is it you meet people nowadays who kill you once or twice, give you a nice chat and then move on, when they see you are too easy a target or are not in the mood of pvp?? How many of those actually can deal with resistance/failure or the other players choice to NOT play for onesided amusement?

- The story written now would be a dull and sad one, i fear.

- again...communication. People who rather insult than talk or mindlessly attack everything that moves, without spending a thought of the other player are the majority now sadly, not the average. Back in 2009 you met all kind of people when you got ganked (some talked, some had completely different OOC and ingame attitude, most had a relaxed attitude and could be dealt with, some were hypocrites, some plainly antisocial or mentally challenged)...now it is VERY limited.

You will never get my sympathy for abusive behaviour, like attacking people repeatedly when they are busy, blocking content or abusing game mechanics. It is different for those who choose to be the bad guys...but those usually adapt their fighting to the situation and don't play like pvp bots.

This said there are still roleplayers there, mostly from old Aquilonia and found in old guild remnants, individuals, hidden in bigger pve guilds or in tombstone.
    Taking what Arta said into account it would be best to not advertise on global, but use the forums or an ingame friend network, if you are serious about rp. Most Pvp-trolls are a lazy, cowardly and hypocrite bunch and can be driven away with certain measures or tricked easily as well.
    You just can not expect not to get interrupted...but unlike Crom, you can take measures against those interrupting.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st October 2013 at 14:02.

An Ex-RPer pissed of by RPers.
    Oh man. I know exactly how you feel. It's the egos and the drama and the sheer nonsense involved.

I remember long ago, a whole bunch of people told me I should RP before I attacked them because otherwise I was just a ganker. Really? Really?!? I should give away my biggest advantage (surprise) by talking to you?

As it was, I'd RP over the bodies and through the hate tells. "Crom made this one too weak. May it be stronger when the wheel of Life turns again".
    shoryuken

This example has as much to do with rp as farming an afk guy on resspad has with pvp...

Not even mentioning that one tell right before attack is more helping the ambush than the one being attacked (distraction)...

Ambushing people on a pvp server is pure OOC. Both sides should not mistake communication in tells and say simply as rp as well as the others should not take every attack personal (though some ways of ambushing and pvping ARE an invitation to drama and insult. Again though, you should not mistake the cause with the result...).

For example;:
    An open world encounter (usually ambush) could be seen as OOC stating "i want to pvp with you!" or as "go away!" or "look how great i am!" or as a personal insult...depending on when and where and how it happens.

The whole thing is a tad more complicated then "us" vs "them" or "rp" against "pvp".

From my experience the ego and drama lie on both sides...there are at least as many hypocrites who respond to a civil tell with insults on the attacker side than the roleplayers getting annoyed. Mostly the result is a short battle and frustration on both sides. Mission accomplished?

Some responses remind me of people enforcing behaviour being just angry, when they realize that other people do not share their views and dare to strike back or evade. If you want pvp, don't be surprised if you get hit back. If you want to insult people, don't be surprised, if you get a like response. If you tell people to go away, don't be surprised, if they do just that.
    On the other hand you can't be surprised if you are ambushed or attacked on a pvp server...but there is no reason to play along with abuse, insults, grieving, exploits or harassment.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st October 2013 at 15:32.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast