Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Cross: War crimes in video games should be punished

Yeah, Mass Effect already has something like this with the Paragon/Renegade thing they have. Even then no matter what route you take you still end up commiting what might be considered "war crimes."

But really the only people accused of war crimes are the people that lost the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy-de-Leon View Post
    ..But really the only people accused of war crimes are the people that lost the war.
    Same principle of history being written by the victor.

ol' Tony & Dubia would be top of the list if things were fair.

I liked the approach the fallout 1-2 series had there. They managed to give players a huge freedom in both who and how they could kill and dialogue options. And in terms of exploration, you actually reloaded the game and tried to find other routes, if for example you ended up slaughtering a whole town. It also made yourself less trigger happy in the end, since you always thought..."there might be a use for that npc later" and getting the childkiller perk was not something to brag about too (again, reloading time).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 8th October 2013 at 15:37.

Deus-Ex has several morality moments. Needless to say I would pick the worse 1st and then reload and see others, like the end scene .. save yourself and to hell with everyone else

I think most RPGishy games need a consequence system .. I rather enjoyed playing Neverwinter N2 and going full evil and full goodie. For shooters .. meh, you have a gun and you shoot things .. job done.

let the cdc complete its study on gaming
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

It's a game... Going on murderous, destructive rampages is why we play them. My only interest in racing games, for instance, is turning the car around and going the wrong way around the track, causing as much chaos and destruction as possible.

As long as people know the difference between the game and real life. Which is why very young, impressionable kids should not be exposed to that sort of thing. Certainly not without some adult guidance. Which is why there are ratings.

If it's realism they're going for then sure, put some consequences in there. But don't make it a requirement for all games. That insults my intelligence by telling me that I'm too stupid to know the difference.

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/10/1...l-gun-control/

The problem here is that the Red Cross is not asking to introduce just a consequential punishment system. The Red Cross wants developers to make shooting innocent pedestrians from your car as viable as jumping off the giant tree in Kara Korum. They want to get rid of any dubious content, allowing a player to suffer no or little consequencies for murdering an adult enemy with weapon in his hands (e.g. shaky hands for twenty seconds, sounds of remorseful crying of your character); but making the player die of gonorrhea, magically brought on by the game to his character, within ten minutes, reporting the player's misdeed via social networks and informing the ISP and the police on the act, if he blasts a child's head in a ghastly manner by mistake three times in a row within an hour.

P.S. I exaggerate here on purpose to show how far it can go.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 25th October 2013 at 07:04.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12