Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

i bet nothing will happen in 2013. why? cause its funcom.

IF something will happen with pvp weapons (lol), ill delete one char of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    pvp lv 15 and pvp t4 gear needs to be taken into account.
    It isn't right that casters in pve gear have such an advantage over melee because caster has more armor/damage/critigation in t4 and the melee has way less in pvp (prot) in t3. Both should have the same power. When pve t3 was as high as it went than ok, but t4 screwed everything up until pvp t4 gear comes out. (along with weapons with equivalent weapon damage)
    Say what? Why are you comparing two sets of PvE armor for PvP? First of all T3 armor is years behind T4 armor. The stat budget for T4 armor is way higher than any T3 piece, and T3 armor generally lacks crit rating, crit chance, and the extra base dps built into T4 armor (+combat rating and +magic damage). T3 armor also lacks critigation.

Casters have to get a full pve T4 armor set before you see them become stupid. All a barb or tank has to do is get an easy t4 memory cloud weapon or a t3 crafted or an Ibis and they are fine, assuming they have t2 pvp pieces. PvP main pieces mixed with K6 or T4 gear works fine, even some t3 pieces work ok, but if your running around in t3 pve gear as a barb or tank (even BDA sucks for pvp)against multiple casters you deserve to get sh1t on.

Why don't you just change armor sets by team make up?
    Doomsayer 2008

Ok most know i think? but then again after reading through some forum threads i'm not sure if all players realise just how low pvp weapons are compared to to pve weapons! so i made a few examples feel free to add more! We need funcom to take action

2H BLUNT used by afew classes

PVP tires
    pvp5 war maul 125.1 DPS
    pvp8 war hammer 134.0 DPS
    pvp10 war maul 137.5 DPS

PVE tires
    pve1 Wrath 131.1 DPS
    pve2 Great Bear 135.4 DPS
    pve3 Arctos 139.8 DPS
    pve4 sunderer 150.2 DPS

BOW
    PVP tires
    pvp5 Greatbow 120.1 DPS
    pvp8 Greatbow 128.3 DPS
    pvp10 Greatbow 129.0 DPS

PVE tires
    pve1 wing 126.0 DPS
    pve2 Kuthchemes 130.3 DPS
    pve3 Shevatas 134.8 DPS
    pve4 Dragon 142.5 DPS

1H EDGE barb/conq what ever
    PVP tires
    pvp5 Blade 105.8 DPS
    pvp8 Blade 113.2 DPS
    pvp10 Blade 114.0 DPS

PVE tires
    pve1 Blood 111.5 DPS
    pve2 Red Ruin 115.2 DPS
    pve3 Red Tide 118.8 DPS
    pve4 Tiger 128.0 DPS

This trend of PVE tire weapons out DPSing PVP tire weapons follows through all the classes (no need to list all)
    (ALSO NOTE THE OTHER STATS ON THE PVE WEAPONS LIKE CRIT RATING CRIT DMG COMBAT RATING MAGIC DMG STRENGTH ECT ECT... ARE ALL BETTER THAN THE PVP WEAPON STATS)

you will notice in most cases if not ALL that a PVE bcr tire 2 weapon will out DPS a pvp8 weapon
    PVE tire 3 totally out DPS pvp10 and PVE tire 4 well that leaves pvp10 weapon DPS along way behind

In a nutshell what we have is quite a big grind to PVP level 8 but the reward is a weapon with less power than a PVE tire 2 one!
    this must change!
    (lets not even talk about the reward you get when reaching pvp level 10 insane grind for such a low reward) "IF YOU WANT TO THROW THE BORI CARD AT ME WELL THEN I WILL THROW BACK THE PVE TIRE 4 WEAPON BOSS CARD" at least you need pvp level 10 to swing bori weapon!!! but a naked lvl 80 may collect a PVE tire4 weapon if he in a farm guild

Let me repeat that one more time
    "YOU WILL NOTICE IN MOST CASES IF NOT ALL THAT A PVE BRC TIRE 2 WEAPON WILL OUT DPS A PVP8 WEAPON" PVE TIRE 2!!!!

(Dont forget we are talking about weapons being used in PVP it's obscene that these PVE weapons are much better than PVP weapons while being used in PVP game mode!!!)

Well we all know that, but it's not like we can do anything about it...

It was said many times, pvp gear should be rebalanced, its stat budgets widened, some crutial stat added, some removed. What we still argue about however, is HOW to do it "in the best way"

IMO they should never have as high dps and as high crit as pve t4 weapons. Why you may ask? You want best dps ever you say? Yeah well you can't have everything...unless you scrap idea that pvp gear should be top gear in terms of pvp survivability. You don't get so much armor, so much prot and hp with standard pve tier weapon, so it makes no sense to boost their dps to pve t4 lvl and stretch their stat budgets so far. That would only cause more issues in future(if there is any ofc).

Another thing I think is necessary is to separate pvp t2 and t3 more....way way way more. If they keep such small differences between those two tiers, it would make going for last tier completely silly as there isn't that big gear dependency in AoCs pvp. If they acknowledge this, I think we may see pretty balanced set of weapons that would suit pvpers pretty well, or at least suit my vision of pvp(less dps hunting, more about team play and survival)
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Joel, about the possible buff to PvP weapons?

Can it be negative, please? Basically, can you unbuff all PvP weapons and armour? Can you also remove all buffs from any other weapons and armour while inside the Border Kingdoms or a minigame instance?

That way we can have balanced PvP again.

kthnxbye.
    shoryuken

And don't forget that rangers need a dext pvp sword ffs !
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    IMO they should never have as high dps and as high crit as pve t4 weapons. Why you may ask? You want best dps ever you say? Yeah well you can't have everything...unless you scrap idea that pvp gear should be top gear in terms of pvp survivability. You don't get so much armor, so much prot and hp with standard pve tier weapon, so it makes no sense to boost their dps to pve t4 lvl and stretch their stat budgets so far. That would only cause more issues in future(if there is any ofc).
    You make no sence at all mate "Yeah well you can't have everything"
    What your saying is Hey its ok for me to take my PVE T4 weapon (and accessories and or T4 gear and or PVP gear) into PVP game mode but its NOT ok for funcom to boost the current pvp8 pvp10 weapon DPS so its more on par with PVE T4.....erm LOL

I said befor the players against this are the ones who use PVEEEE T4 weapons mixed with pvp gear and or PVE accessories/gear

Noticed your tag is PVP server so im very suprised you dont want TOP tire pvp weapons matching PVE T4 dps
    FFS we are taking about PVP game mode where players are taking there VERY easy farmed PVE T4 weapons into PVP
    (guilds that have PVE T4 on farm have a chance to farm T4 weapons all week long! got one on your main? cool log or alt we try get another imba wep LOL) christ on last boss a naked lvl80 may go collect a T4 weapon again LOL

(we are not talking about a complete overhaul of PVP gear!!! (would be nice but will never happen anytime soon)
    just want top tire PVP weapons to match the very easy farmable top tire PVE T4 weapons

At least you NEED pvp8 or the insane PVP10 to use PVP weapons

(you got your PVE gear thats great! enjoy and go use it in PVE you can also use it in PVP) so boosting the PVP weapons will not effect this person at all

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    You make no sence at all mate "Yeah well you can't have everything"
    What your saying is Hey its ok for me to take my PVE T4 weapon (and accessories and or T4 gear and or PVP gear) into PVP game mode but its NOT ok for funcom to boost the current pvp8 pvp10 weapon DPS so its more on par with PVE T4.....erm LOL

I said befor the players against this are the ones who use PVEEEE T4 weapons mixed with pvp gear and or PVE accessories/gear

Noticed your tag is PVP server so im very suprised you dont want TOP tire pvp weapons matching PVE T4 dps
    FFS we are taking about PVP game mode where players are taking there VERY easy farmed PVE T4 weapons into PVP
    (guilds that have PVE T4 on farm have a chance to farm T4 weapons all week long! got one on your main? cool log or alt we try get another imba wep LOL) christ on last boss a naked lvl80 may go collect a T4 weapon again LOL

(we are not talking about a complete overhaul of PVP gear!!! (would be nice but will never happen anytime soon)
    just want top tire PVP weapons to match the very easy farmable top tire PVE T4 weapons

At least you NEED pvp8 or the insane PVP10 to use PVP weapons

(you got your PVE gear thats great! enjoy and go use it in PVE you can also use it in PVP) so boosting the PVP weapons will not effect this person at all
    While I am doing quite a lot of pve(well pretty much only pve these days cause pvp system is shallow and boring) on PVP server and while I am in t4 raiding guild, I don't own any t4 piece on any of my chars.

What I think is that pvp weapons should have exactly same stat budgets as pve weapons and that pvp shouldn't rely on dps hunting like most of the pve does.

Ofc I'll be fine if they shed all prot and armor bonuses from pvp gear cause you know, all of my chars do magical dmg...:P

Also, adding one new "top" tier of pvp weapons won't fix ****, it'll only widen gap between players.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

A start could perhaps be giving us, people with thousands of tokens, the possibility to apply sockets to the pvp weapons. 3 sockets for a t3 weapon, 2 for t2, 1 for t1, of our choosing. Stacking sockets should not be possible, though. I realise this might create a huge amount of work for FC, though, so perhaps just changing the existing weapons to socketed versions would be better.
    And as for a new tier of weapons/armour and "widening" gaps. Neh. Keep max lvl 10 and reduce lvl requirements for t1-t3 accordingly. People will be running around in t2/t3 in no time, also reducing progression time.

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    What I think is that pvp weapons should have exactly same stat budgets as pve weapons and that pvp shouldn't rely on dps hunting like most of the pve does.
    Well this is what i saying all along

That means pvp weapons will be on par with pve weapons
    So for exapmle the pvp10 2H blunt that has 137,5 DPS will be boosted to around PVE T4 DPS 150,2 DPS and if we working on the same stat budget FOR weapons then the other pvp weapon stats will be boosted to

personally i don't really care about change or no change to the current pvp weapon stats ITS THE DPS ON WEAPONS THATS SO LOW ON PVP WEAPONS NEXT TO PVE WEAPONS

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast