Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Increase base DPS and add tenacity on PVP 5/8 weapons and done.

5 Minutes of coding and a 5 minute server restart

P.S the problem is that the FC team is very short handed so obviously nerfing pve weps in pvp is the best option so gear gap doesn't increase. Seeing that FC won't be able to do such fix easily, the best way is to change a few stats on the existing weapons and be done with it.

Would be awesome for a mod or Nusquam to reply to this thread since he was talking about it
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I agree with just do a simple buff to PvP weapons to be on par with PvE weapons.
    I dont want to have separate stats on PvP<>PvE weapons.

When i want my world PvP fights, just want my gear to be on par with any pve gear.
    Then i will get good fights and not some fights were ppl engage in pvp, the one with PvE stuff will suddenly have no powers.

Just make the stuff equal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Increase base DPS and add tenacity on PVP 5/8 weapons and done.

5 Minutes of coding and a 5 minute server restart

P.S the problem is that the FC team is very short handed so obviously nerfing pve weps in pvp is the best option so gear gap doesn't increase. Seeing that FC won't be able to do such fix easily, the best way is to change a few stats on the existing weapons and be done with it.

Would be awesome for a mod or Nusquam to reply to this thread since he was talking about it
    Yes this is the kinda idea i think he looking into (buffing the current PvP weapons)

I think we and he belive a better way would of course be to seperate pve and pvp items from the different game modes since pve T4 is very powerfull on most classes and weapons on ALL classes
    but they just dont have the resources code or what ever

Someone asked him this about the old heroic pve gear stats....
    Then why not add it back and adjust current t2&t3 pvp armors and weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Mostly because it is a lot of work and I believe the code which handled the heroic stats was removed as well. I will discuss other solutions with the guys though.
    IMO a DPS buff to pvp weapons would be a great start (and im sure easy and fast to add)
    later more changes may come

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Everyone wants all these changes, the change I really want is the fast paced 1.4 aoc that sold over a million boxes out of the store. Fix the bugs, tweak the classes for balance, best mmorpg there ever was.
    Its this type of thinking that gets funcom in trouble. Increase the pvp stats to be on par with t4, but when t5 comes out, then what? They have to increase again. And it never ends. Just remove pve gear from pvp all together IMO. If you want pve, go pve. Sorry, you are not a 1.04 member, if you were, you would want gear removed.

Post edited by Arishanya. Please remember that flaming and trolling on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums. If you have any questions on this moderation then please feel free to contact the Head Moderator or Community Manager.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 5th October 2013 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Its this type of thinking that gets funcom in trouble. Increase the pvp stats to be on par with t4, but when t5 comes out, then what? They have to increase again. And it never ends. Just remove pve gear from pvp all together IMO. If you want pve, go pve. Sorry, you are not a 1.04 member, if you were, you would want gear removed.
    you cant remove from my mind that best solution is to have pvp gear forced on all players entering every single place with pvp enabled.
    maybe offer 2 different set options per archtype or class, like dps & protection/survivability upon entering.

i cant see t5 coming out without items being better then t4 wich means people who clear it first will get even better weapons/gear for pvp.

and what game director described reguarding crafted armors/weapons is that there inst a real pvp crafted set at all, you can merely edit stats to your choosing in ways to fit pvp.

but again its going to be luck crit based and ofc guilds who raid will get crafting crit buffs and yada yada yada big guilds will have best weapons as a result.

best way to balance pvp is total separation of pvp armor/weapons from pve so pve can progress and pvp be less dependant of gear.

full unchained for everywhere full aa's and full pvp gear no matter the pvp lvl, that should be just an achievement granting you some banner beside your name and maybe unluck some new combo rank/spell giving new fatalities.

they buff up pvp weapons only thing that happens is players who are pvp8+ get weapons equivalent to t4 pve/t3 crafted, when t5 comes out or crafting revamp they will be crying again that new weapons are too powerfull, cant you see its like a broken record playing always same song?

change the record to listen to a new song.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 5th October 2013 at 04:54.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Increasing stats for a pvp item could mean that that pvp item becomes more powerful or breaks something in PVE. Then pve peeps complain about something and it never ends.
    Most OP weapons should be pvp ones imo.....bad luck if you cant get something as powerful bashing on mobs....PvE weapons used to beat down boss mobs are good....need something better to beat up the guys who beat up the mobs right?.....armour and stuff just needs the PvP only element tweaked a bit....."+16 Pvp Magic damage"......really?
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Most OP weapons should be pvp ones imo.....bad luck if you cant get something as powerful bashing on mobs....PvE weapons used to beat down boss mobs are good....need something better to beat up the guys who beat up the mobs right?.....armour and stuff just needs the PvP only element tweaked a bit....."+16 Pvp Magic damage"......really?
    The same thrad is going on in the us /eu thread.

why not just make the pvp 10 and t4 gear the same then. So I can pve in my pvp 10 gear, and you can pvp in your t4 gear at the same level. We both invested time and energy to get it, why not make it balanced.

The same thrad is going on in the us /eu thread.

why not just make the pvp 10 and t4 gear the same then. So I can pve in my pvp 10 gear, and you can pvp in your t4 gear at the same level. We both invested time and energy to get it, why not make it balanced.
    It's also a valid idea, IMO.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If tweak incoming, don't forget that ranger need a decent sword based on dexterity
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

blah blah I like to sit on banannas.... you want pve, go pve. Sorry, you are not a 1.04 member, if you were, you would want gear removed.

1.4 was when gear did not matter mr no credibility. The plot thins...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast