Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Do pvpers really want more stats on weapons and armor? I know I dont, I would prefer to see PVE have minimal impact, perhaps T1 pvp stats.

Please dont buff anything, remove stats if anything.

Stats do not need to be removed or added. Just buff the pvp weapon to be equal to the equivalent pve weapon. Is that so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Stats do not need to be removed or added. Just buff the pvp weapon to be equal to the equivalent pve weapon. Is that so hard to understand?
    How do you buff a weapon without decreasing or increasing some stats ?

I don't mind much what way it will be done. I would prefer it your way to be honest Bruceleroy, but i doubt tweaking PvE wepons to be less powerfull in PvP will ever happen. Sounds more comlpicated to do (base wep. damage).
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would like to see a PvP 0 "starter" set for people who are just getting into PvP. Something fairly decent equivalent to a full set of khitai purples maybe ( PvP only of course.)

Yes please, buff the base weapon damage and add constitution. Get rid of useless stats (stamina tap, life tap...) and fix useless weapons like the 1h axe.

But DON'T touch shields!
    Last edited by kalston; 3rd October 2013 at 16:14.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Its not hard to understand. And your condescending tone isnt very much appreciated. But i will entertain you for a post.

Most pvpers are asking for mini where weapons and armor mean less than a players skill, understanding of their class, understanding of their opponents class, and movement mean more than stats.

Increasing stats for a pvp item could mean that that pvp item becomes more powerful or breaks something in PVE. Then pve peeps complain about something and it never ends.

Im saying, remove the stats of pve in pvp, and pvp in pve. Period. Dont change anything else. Dont increase anything anymore, otherwise you remove more skill from the game in terms of pvp.

Please don't nerf pve weapons in the name of pvp. If you want to make pvp weapons boosted, that's fine.

PvE weapons require work to get also. It took my bear one and a half years plus to get the memory cloud hammer with going to raids nearly every week in guild. Is that harder than getting a pvp10 weapon, considering that a pvp10 badge is done solo (even if you have to do minis, its still a solo event) and does not require a full 24 (or near full) person raid to accomplish?

If they made a set of weapons exclusive for pvp and have the t4 set exclusive for pve, that would upset pvpers who worked to get t4 weapons. Probably less numbers than the pvpers who want decent pvp weapons to offset the t4 ones though.

Maybe making pve stats for pve weapons like they have for the pvp weapons? As long as they don't change pve stats for pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Please don't nerf pve weapons in the name of pvp. If you want to make pvp weapons boosted, that's fine.

PvE weapons require work to get also. It took my bear one and a half years plus to get the memory cloud hammer with going to raids nearly every week in guild. Is that harder than getting a pvp10 weapon, considering that a pvp10 badge is done solo (even if you have to do minis, its still a solo event) and does not require a full 24 (or near full) person raid to accomplish?

If they made a set of weapons exclusive for pvp and have the t4 set exclusive for pve, that would upset pvpers who worked to get t4 weapons. Probably less numbers than the pvpers who want decent pvp weapons to offset the t4 ones though.

Maybe making pve stats for pve weapons like they have for the pvp weapons? As long as they don't change pve stats for pve?
    When we say nerf, we mean in pvp. not pve. PVE weapons should have no abilities in pvp IMO. It would be like PVP 10 weapons as the most powerful pve weapons in game. I bet that would have your attention.

I've seen some people post about dropping the stats on pve t4 weapons to make them less OP in pvp. Increasing the stats for pvp for the pvp gear is totally reasonable, its just that I don't want to see the t4 weapons lose pve abilities to make pvp use less desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I've seen some people post about dropping the stats on pve t4 weapons to make them less OP in pvp. Increasing the stats for pvp for the pvp gear is totally reasonable, its just that I don't want to see the t4 weapons lose pve abilities to make pvp use less desired.
    Increase stats, decrease stats... That makes no sense. Just remove pve stats in pvp, and pvp stats in pve. This game is alrady divided, why muddy the waters between pve and pvp? What happens when t5 comes out? Are you going to redo the stat system yet again? PVP never progresses, pve alwasy progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Its not hard to understand. And your condescending tone isnt very much appreciated. But i will entertain you for a post.

Most pvpers are asking for mini where weapons and armor mean less than a players skill, understanding of their class, understanding of their opponents class, and movement mean more than stats.

Increasing stats for a pvp item could mean that that pvp item becomes more powerful or breaks something in PVE. Then pve peeps complain about something and it never ends.

Im saying, remove the stats of pve in pvp, and pvp in pve. Period. Dont change anything else. Dont increase anything anymore, otherwise you remove more skill from the game in terms of pvp.

Everyone wants all these changes, the change I really want is the fast paced 1.4 aoc that sold over a million boxes out of the store. Fix the bugs, tweak the classes for balance, best mmorpg there ever was.

Post edited by Arishanya. Please remember that flaming and trolling on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums. If you have any questions on this moderation then please feel free to contact the Head Moderator or Community Manager.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 5th October 2013 at 04:52.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast