Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    I was working on some sql server data bases for a private server (WoW) for a couple years a while ago, not sure it that's what funcom uses but, I think you cant just change stats for that wep and bingo, everyone's is updated. People already have the wep with those stats as entries into the database, every wep is its own entry in the data base. Each one would have to be updated in the data base. What I think might work is, make new pvp weps and put them in pvp venders and make it possible to buy with tokens, or to trade the old weps in to receive the new ones. Or, don't know if possible, make batch command to update the existing items.

Anyways, one of the things I liked about joel, is he used to take the time to explain the details.
    The problem is, there are 3-4 games at Funcom, all which are MMO's and they truly don't have the man power to do things on the fly, especially after the lay offs and downgrades. They literally can only do 1 thing at a time and if they take one person out of the loop for weapon stats, then they screw up their time schedule which their CEO + Stock investors are depending on.

Yes, it really is as easy as changing stats through numbers or sliders within the database, everyone knows this. But then you have to go through a testing process to ensure no bugs occur and that the damage output won't be ridiculous on certain classes on the slight changes they have made.

You guys play on an MMO that was at one time created by I assume more then 75-100 employess, which I assume is now running at 20-40.

My advice to you is, stop paying for a game that doesn't deliver it's services and stop expecting anything to change in PVP, cause it won't, ever. The company literally does not care about pvp what so ever. It's the after thought if they have time.

why bother with this when fundamentals of PVP failed

Joel how did the chat with the system team go? still chatting about it or what?

you should go and ask in TSW forums but probably they are in their vacation already, I don't think he/they read this forums anymore, you just find here new moderators closing all posts to put the last nail in the coffee and finished with the aoc population and run away the 4 players left, well at the end if they don't care who cares, boring game boring forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Joel how did the chat with the system team go? still chatting about it or what?
    You just don't get it do you? He did not talk to anyone. He just told you that lie to get you off his back for a few weeks.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    You just don't get it do you? He did not talk to anyone. He just told you that lie to get you off his back for a few weeks.
    oh cmon

fc is broke is all, he has no responsibility to post here

Mission complete!

The current weapon buff on TL
    (The new PVP T3 BS blunt has same base dps as PVEEE T4 but also has constitution)

Exclamation no QQ ppl

(pvp)i see ever ppl write nerf this class and this class ecc ,
    the realy problem is when funcom give us all news patch in list??
    atm funcom stay work for pvp weapon T3 , later pvp T1 / T2 + some news for armor , later they think go work for new items pvp T4 and new sistem crafting , the problem is how much he think give it at all comunity??
    funcom fix the date for it and go go go!
    P.S sry for bad engl!

Great you got pvp weapons content for max 200 people after 3 years of QQ.

I'm happy for you I really am. Now lets have some real pvp systems and content for everyone.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I think the issue is GD wants to do all the stuff by HIMSELF with his OWN decisions, it's HIS game, and HE was there when it was first launched, if anyone is going to make it better of fix the undoubtly broken system HE will do it and no one else, HE will fix it and no one else has the power to do it right but HIM the GD. maybe when he lets go of the fact maybe just maybe someone else could possibly do a better job and have a different perspective on what needs to be done we will see some results but it's HIS game and HE is the god of it and HE has all the answers. imo GD doesn't is putting it off over and over with random updates i.e., world bosses, Halloween events, etc to distract him from the real things need to get attention like crafting revamp and a decent risk/rewards pvp system besides just measly tokens for overpriced low graphic quality pvp gear.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415