Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Default joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Can you keep us uptodate please
    I know nothing has been promised but you did say you will look into it.............

For those reading this ((the pvpers left ingame that use pvp weapons )) we talking about buffing the current PvP weapons to be more on par with PVE weapons

some quotes from game directors letter- september 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I think it is likely a moot point anyway, in that the PvE budgets are beyond what the top tier PvP gear is close to anyway.

So buffing them up to be more equivalent should be a pretty decent boost, without worrying too much about the problems of exploiting.

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    PvP gear - We can take a look at making this better *and* I believe the tradeskill system will also help in this regard.
    I know afew people that will return to aoc if you make pvp gear better

First please do the weapons.... PvP8 and PvP10 are along way short of PvE power weapons
    The grind to pvp8/pvp10 does not reward you with a very good weapon in fact PVE tire 2 BRC weapons are better in most cases

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place
    Not a fan of this system. When I work """hard""" to get a PVE reward, I like to think it's a powerful weapons even if I use it in solo PVE or 6 man. I earned it. I wouldn't like to have to carry another weapon wich could be better fitted for 6 man.

However, I have no problem with "PVE only stat". "Raid only" is kinda dumb, but PVE only is fine for me. But I still think a buff of PVP stat on PVP weapon is the best way to go.

Count my vote in on this one.
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

/signed, simple fix is simple
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I don't know if I'd call it simple, we all know how bad funcom is in itemization. But yeah, add new ones or rework old ones... Just please test it properly so we don't have any stupid **** like enormous dps values, crazy prot or sth
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it simple, we all know how bad funcom is in itemization. But yeah, add new ones or rework old ones... Just please test it properly so we don't have any stupid **** like enormous dps values, crazy prot or sth
    Well they did manage to fix the stats on the Ubah Kan dungeon items in a week so i dont see why this is any different.

Yeah but even then, Coils is quite fringe dungeon and not everyone around was running with it...In minis, I see absurd amounts of people with at least pvp 5-8 weapons so one week with OP weapon would be quite unfortunate
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Yep agreed with a revamp of those weapons.

For instance all melee weapons should get a weapon damage boost. Not necessarly to equal PvE ones but still to get a bit closer. PvP 1 1h blunts and PvP 8-10 1h axe need to be fixed aswell. Why have a useless weapon (though awesome looking !) in there ?!

Adding constitution to these weapons would be good aswell as heal ratting for priests.

That would be the minimum to do for melee wepons
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Do pvpers really want more stats on weapons and armor? I know I dont, I would prefer to see PVE have minimal impact, perhaps T1 pvp stats.

Please dont buff anything, remove stats if anything.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast