Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth coming back to the game?

Exclamation Worth coming back to the game?

Been thinking about coming back to play AoC, but what killed me was the endless grind on grind for AA points etc, has anything changed? is it easyer to get gear now?

How is it for a EU player to play on the US servers? very laggy?

In T4 raid now. I get 115-130ms which is ok but not great (live in Norway). If you are a skilled tempo player you'll probably notice but if not you won't.

Depends how long you been away from the game. They changed the progression curve of factions and trophy drops from hardmodes a while back.

The game is great, but it does not give anything for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    In T4 raid now. I get 115-130ms which is ok but not great (live in Norway). If you are a skilled tempo player you'll probably notice but if not you won't.

Depends how long you been away from the game. They changed the progression curve of factions and trophy drops from hardmodes a while back.

The game is great, but it does not give anything for free.
    I played back when the whole "china" stuff was released, and back then it took way to long just to get a item so i stopped playing because i was never able to find any groups cause of my gear. I only have time to play a hour or two a day if that.

I did not say i wanted anything for free, but before i did quit i felt there was no place in the game for casual players like me. I could not get the AA needed, i could not get the hardmodes done that i needed because the game got to "elitists" for me and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefeli View Post
    I played back when the whole "china" stuff was released, and back then it took way to long just to get a item so i stopped playing because i was never able to find any groups cause of my gear. I only have time to play a hour or two a day if that.

I did not say i wanted anything for free, but before i did quit i felt there was no place in the game for casual players like me. I could not get the AA needed, i could not get the hardmodes done that i needed because the game got to "elitists" for me and the like.
    The grind is better now than when the expansion was released. You can now get rare trophies by doing solo instances and "normal mode" dungeons in Khitai, so hard modes are no longer a must. Also, many of the original hard modes have been hit by the nerf bat, so they're much easier to do now.

You can get quite a lot done in one to two hours a day if you are efficient about it. The issue is, of course, that you won't know how to be efficient about it. So your best bet would be to join one of the larger casual guilds on Crom, to get advice and people to group with. If you're happy to do that, you should consider coming back. But if you'd rather figure out stuff by yourself, gearing up will still be rather slow.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Lag is okay for most, apparently not great for others.

Grind has been reduced a lot.

Very few bugs left, less than in most single player games.

For PVE yes.
    For PVP no.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default fixed mini bug

did they fix the mini pop widow crap that was driving alot of people nuts?

Well, I have a topic in newcomers where I explain it all about my thoughts regarding the game.

I played in 2009, but as I don't like mmo that much, I didn't get in, anyway I thought the game was great and I returned this past may. Im premium too, I reached level 80 and now I'm into the AA thing. I'm inside a guild too, knowing step by step the mechanics.

I have to say that this game is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. And this is coming from a single player games (around 5k hours between Elder Scrolls games-Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim) plus a lot of hours in almost every sp rpg game. The only mmo that caught my attention and I like is AoC. I don't like WoW or others, never liked them.

The only thing I hope is to see Funcom making the game even bigger, and I'd like to see better night skies texture too, it would be just to change the stars, cause they are far worst than the rest of the game graphics.

The only mmo I'm waiting is Elder Scrolls online. It is the only one that I'm interested in too.

I highly recommend AoC and it is stupid how many people keeps thinking the game has the same problems it had in 2008. The game now is amazing.
    Last edited by Meleagro; 7th October 2013 at 09:43.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

why would anyone come back for pve? do every dungeon 1 time and then u have seen it, no point going again because it is scripted ****.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
    did they fix the mini pop widow crap that was driving alot of people nuts?
    not that i have seen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast