Thread: UI seriously dated and needs attention ASAP.

Default UI seriously dated and needs attention ASAP.

When I log onto AOC after taking breaks I chuckle every time at how obsolete the UI is and why it was never updated. Would be great if FC finally updated the UI after the next wave of improvements.

Yeah, it's kind of restrictive.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=185462
    ^ ^ ^ ^
    This thread got me very excited but the more I looked at what was involved and making a couple honest attempts, it is WAY over my head and pc skills.

UI adjustments are going to be made for the crafting revamp and that sure would be a great time to give the whole thing an overhaul.

Are we sure UI changes will be made to our combat UI for the crafting revamp, or are the UI changes involved in things like our craft book and item link window thingy or stuff like that?
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Does this still work? Maybe it can help to build an UI you like better:

http://truimagz.com/_site/_portfolio...RE/SIMPLICITY/
    I will take a look at that once I get a few dozen more ounces of coffee in me. The thing is, it has to be stupid easy. Because when it comes to PC's, I'm stupid.

Well changing UI to something more streamlined is matter of installing one tool and then activating new one via that tool. Not really hard
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

We shouldn't have to bother with installing custom interfaces from third party sites, no matter how easy it is. Default interface is incomprehensibly terrible and should have been remade like 10 years ago.

Sure, they're unlikely to make us a fully customizable interface where every individual thing on screen is movable and resizable like some newer MMOs, but at the VERY least it should have adjustable hotbars and a general % scaling.

I agree with the UI is one of the Worst UIs on the market for MMORPGS.

Happy i can still use FDS but Curse removed support totaly for Conan so in the future maybe FDS or Stonerune wont work at all then i will most likely quit if i get forced so use this totaly crappy original joke of a UI again.

Just the fact that your bag is like 20 pages.

I don't know guys but I think it's rather impossible to make interface that would suit everyone, especially if you don't make it customizable ingame like few mmos this. I had to install own UI or some custom one in every MMO I ever played, especially if you want to get deeper into game and be competitive

AoCs one isn't really cleanest of them all but it's far from worst...
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    We shouldn't have to bother with installing custom interfaces from third party sites, no matter how easy it is. Default interface is incomprehensibly terrible and should have been remade like 10 years ago.
    ^This X 10.^