Thread: New Player Needs A little Guidance

Default New Player Needs A little Guidance

Hello All,

I am technically a returning player but I quit this game like a month after it initially released...so I might as well be new. My questions are...

1) What server would you suggest for population (I enjoy pvping and pve)

2) My play style in most MMOs is Tank...what class do you recommend for this purpose? Is the pve in this game strong and alive, and are tanks wanted?

3) If I role a tank in this game will I be gimped as far as pvp goes?

4) How is the community in this game? Are people generally helpful? Or am I going to be ignore/mocked if I start asking people "noob" questions?

I'm downloading the client now and I can't wait to get in the game and start playing.

Welcome back!

1. After the merge all three servers have very good pop, I can't speak for rage but minis and 6-mans are going 24/7

2. All three soldier classes (guardian, Conq, Dark templar) can tank just fine. PVE is strong and tanks are always wanted more than any other class id say as most of the tank classes can dps just as well.

3. The three soldier classes are probably considered the top pvp classes along with pom.

4. The majority are very helpful, I can't speak for crom but I know on fury most questions get answered with very little trolling.

GL op
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

This is a full on pve game by now. Sure there's a few pvpers sticking around, strung along with some promises, but pvp is mostly something to be avoided.

Tanks are always wanted (as long as they're not awful).

New Player Help channel is usually inhabited by nice players that answer questions.

1) Crom is the PvE server, but minis happen often. Fury is your PvP server where open world PvP comes into play. Rage is your Blood and Glory PvP server, where the ruleset is much more hardcore than on Fury. Here is a link to those rules.

As for where you go, that all depends on what you want to have as your atmosphere.

2) Tanks - Guard, Dark Templar, Conqueror. The guard is a solid meat shield, and does the least amount of DPS between the 3 tank classes. DT and Conq can do some heavy damage and tanking, but the Guard still out-tanks the others (generally speaking as it all depends on how well one plays the class).

PvE is extremely alive. Reliable tanks are always wanted and needed.

3) I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer this question.

4) The community has its own cliques of course, and with the whole world sharing servers now, there are some language barriers to deal with, but overall people are helpful. There are always those that will mock you or give you a hard time for asking 'noob' questions, but there are many more willing to help than harass.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

The PVE server have sieges (guild vs guild) ?

In theory, yes. But are they common, working and available for the common gamer? I doubt that for Crom...and even on Fury that content is limited to veterans or a handfull of guilds only.

You can even get banned, if you "abuse" the system and sign for an attack as small guild and then don't show up with enough people.

1. If you enjoy pve in general and not just khitai, then it would be Crom...but if you enjoy pvp and not just lvl80 minigames, then you should go Fury

2. All tanks are wanted, but also suffer from scapegoat syndrome and grind addiction and chronical inventory problems

3. even as weak tank, you will not be an easy victim. Even badly geared in open pvp you can choose your fights usually. When it comes to minis and if you can actually kill someone, is Aa and gear depandant a lot. With the right gear and build and tech gear, tanks can be dpstankbots.

4. Both. There are people generally helpfull, but you will be mocked probably.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th October 2013 at 21:20.