Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Game Director's Letter - September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bolas View Post
    If FC has any brains they will make crafting only for "premium" members.
    No, they will get less money this way. What should be the purpose of that?

Less people crafting will be the result, not more people subbing. And compared to the money they could make by selling dyes, skins and small tier ingredients on the shop (these for example could be available ingame more common in premium areas), the yearly sub cost is laughable, because it is by no means sure, that people will sub just to be able to craft (they might even just sub one month to do the crafting and stay f2p otherwise).

From customers side, it would be a bad move too. History has shown that people who have subbed, already paid. Their opinion is less worth than someone unsure to pay or not to pay. Just look at the continuity discussions with AA and crafting or the special offers recently.

Maybe premium members should have some bonuses like better innate "crit chance" or lower cooldown or something that is not necessary but highly desirable for serious crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    Then only premium members will be able to sell their goods.

Specifically, only premium members who happen to be in a mega-guild with a T3 city.

Nice going, dude. You like monopolies, I suppose?
    Non-subscribers won't be able to sell anything much anyway. IMO, they should ease those restrictions. F2P just has too much of the fun of the game taken out.

A monopoly? I haven't been in a guild without a t3 city in years. Most people are or could be in a t3 guild city. If they choose not to, that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Plz, make new craft faster!
    I alredy have 6 characters 80.lvl. Main character is PvP 10, full T4 gear, full AA, and I have nothing to do more in this game. New dangeons olweys have items lower then T4. I know peoples, who leave game for this reason. For what pay? Game is over, no more goal
    Or instead of making better gear, they could focus on reblancing existing gear and mechanics to make the game more appealing to casual players. Players that account for much more than the less than 5 percent that have done everything in the game
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

If you play in large guild, you must to know how much peoples leave the game after they get full T4 gear. Part of them is too large for game with so small population as AoC.
    I don't understand, why Fancom waste the time to make new dungeons with middling loot? Too much peoples already have the best items in game and don't interested about this trash dungeons.
    Urgently needed new content with better items (for ex. new craft or T5)!

One dev effort to revamp old or create new stuff:

- different difficulty options per instance (maybe even level stages or scaling)
    - different loot (loot tables or direct scaling as in forgotten city)
    - random elements or even random generated content
    - player generated content

-> something for everyone at low cost compared to the linear progression trap

Changing of pvp rulesets and factions, the crafting revamp and taking note of the above with new content, COULD (it is by no means a causal, since you can always mess up the pvp rules, the crafting and make new stuff unpopular) bring longterm motivation.

I would like to see hardmode versions of t-dungeons with adjusted gear that you can't buy per tokens.

I'm likely in the minority but I'd be happy with content that resulted in no loot at all, or only cosmetic/titles/achievement/ect, as long as it was fun to play through.

One of the biggest draws to original AoC for me was the fact that gear made so little difference. After years of camping/grinding for gear in other games I've had enough of it.

The last big boss drops the best loot thing has always been a puzzle to me. If you can kill the baddest mob in the game what the hell do you need better gear for?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    If you can kill the baddest mob in the game what the hell do you need better gear for?
    Just imagine - for PvP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    PvP oriented players often try to get the best equipment faster then other players. It's not a secret for anybody that T4 items mostly is better for PvP. But T4 gear is all around in mini-games and sieges, no more chance to be superior as most people

So you just want to beat down weaker foes, eh?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.